Here we go again!! A Feb 2010 PTR - update 1/31 "Final Update? Itinerary Time(again)"

I said I was going to update this thing during my 5 days off. Sorry!! I'm at a loss of things to really talk about with our upcoming trip, so I thought I'd go down memory lane to the last trip to WDW.

**Insert Wayne's World dream sequence sounds and motions here**

I take you back to June 1999. My grandparents were taking the family on a trip to the World as an 8th grade grad trip for one of my cousins and I who just finished middle school. Yay us!! Well, it ended up just being an awesome vacation as, like I said, they offered to take the entire party. My parents ended up not going for whatever reason they came up with. I think it was something like my dad wasn't going to be able to get the time off and mom offered to stay home with him. Fine by me, I was 13 and felt I didn't need my parents anyways. Just like every other teenage girl, right? Along with me was my grandparents of course (mom's parents), my Uncle (mom's brother – aka Goofster57 on the dis), Aunt, and their two daughters (my cousins – or is that a duh statement?)

I pulled out an old calendar and after studying the dates, I believe I'm correct on them. I know we left the Thurs after my last day of school. So June 24th 1999. It was later in June, we were home the end of June, so that has to be it. I think. We stayed 7 or 8 days. This I can't remember. So we'll just see what I do remember of it and see how many days worth of stuff I come up with.

So day 1. We had to be at my grandparents at the buttcrack of dawn. I don't honestly remember the flight, I think Jess was feeling sick? I sat next to my grandma. I think. A lot of I thinks. I should just call my cousin and ask her. Oh well, this will be fun. We got to Orlando late-ish. So we must have had a layover considering it was the middle of the night when we left. At least that is what it felt like. I don't remember the Welcome to Disney sign. But I do remember the Wilderness Lodge one. It made me feel like I was heading towards Yosemite or something. I also remember walking into the lobby and being awestruck. Keep in mind, Disneyland had nothing like the resorts at Disney World at this time. This was absolutely amazing!! We didn't get bunk beds in the room though they'd been requested. I was very disappointed with this. I'm totally over it now. Stupid bunk beds.

After we all got checked in, we took the boat launch to MK. We went towards some restaurant that told us there was no table large enough for us all (again, we were a party of 7, not that big) Or maybe it was a long wait. I'm pretty sure they said they couldn't seat us all. Whichever. Isn't this just the best 10 years later TR ever?! So we went somewhere else for food, I know we also rode Space at some point. Maybe another ride? It also rained. Gotta love Florida rain. Did we see the parade or fireworks? I don't remember. I was just excited to be there. And exhausted since I'd been up since before the chickens. Not that we had chickens. But... Nevermind. We went back to the room soon after and off to sleep. Well, I couldn't sleep. I know that. I had a few problems falling asleep that trip. I'm sure it'll be the same this trip too.

Day two was EPCOT. I stayed in a room with my grandparents, and the other four had their own room. I know that basically every morning the three of use would be standing outside my cousins door waiting for them to come out. We ate food somewhere. No clue where. I believe Test Track was our first attraction. So much fun!! We ate at the TS restaurant in the Mexico pavilion. Nothing to write home about. I think we may have ridden other attractions. Again, it's been 10 years!! I know we went back to the resort and ended up going back to MK that evening. Though my uncle and grandpa stayed at the resort. This is where we discovered Coke/Rootbeer floats. These were big things to us girls. We rode Pirates, Pooh, and probably some other things. Then back to the room for some sleep.

Day three was MK. I'm surprised at what I remember. I think it's because I've been reliving that trip in my head the last 7 months or so. We rode speedway. That's all I remember from MK. That may have been all we did. That afternoon/evening we ended up at EPCOT again. My cousins and I did the EPCOT passport things. Those were so much fun!! I want to do them again this year. Well, technically next year. In 37 more days. No, EPCOT is in 41 days. So in 41 days. I'm doing the passport thing again. Alyssa learned how to order Coke in Italian. Or German. Or English. Some language. This was the evening we ended up eating at the McDonalds in DTD. It was dark and pouring rain and took a year to find a place to sit inside. But it was food, and it was dry. That's all I remember from DTD. Boo.

Day four was MGM. Back when it was MGM. We rode the bus to the park, and I remember seeing TOT come into view. So Jess and I made a plan to head their first. And we were the only two wanting to do this ride. I could have done it over and over and over. You have no clue how excited I was when they brought this attraction to DCA. When we had cast preview days for it, you could go on your lunch in costume to ride it. So, of course, that's what we did. This is before you really had to clock in and out for lunch, and I was working on the freight team. So we divided into two, and spent the next hour and a half (yea, we took some extra time) riding this thing over and over and over. Anyways, back to Florida... We also rode GMR, the Backlot Tour, and that's it. I don't really think there was much else to ride/see then.

We had lunch at 50's Prime Time that day. This was by far the best meal in my opinion that day. Whomever our waitress was, she was great. My uncle got in trouble at some point, so I think she may have been “mom”. He did draw her a picture on his place mat to get back on her good side, and she pinned it on the wall above our table. Ok, so maybe you had to be there, but I spent lunch laughing. I think it rained again. What we did after this, I don't know. I have no clue what was done for dinner. So it must not have been memorable. So don't eat at the place I can't remember because it isn't worth it.

Next day was Animal Kingdom. I loved the Safari, the storyline was boring to me though. Dinosaur was awesome too, and I'll admit that stupid thing that jumps out at you (you know, when they take your pic) scared the **insert word of choice here** out of me. We ate lunch at Flame Tree I think. I remember it was something barbecue. Oh, we also did the Animal Kingdom passport things too. Though, I believe we didn't finish them?? We saw TTBAB. I wanted to ride Kali. But as I remember, I was the only one. We went to MGM that night for dinner and Fantasmic. We had “Priority Seating” for SciFi. Can I just say I'm glad they got rid of priority seating!! We checked in at our check in time and sat around for a decade to be seated. For those who don't know, Priority Seating really just meant that you told them when you wanted to eat, they told you to come back and check in then, and when you check in, all they do is put you in front of the people who didn't do Priority Seating. It's not an actual reservation. So, you basically still had to wait till they had an open car/table/whatever to get seated. After dinner we watch VOTLM and then Fantasmic. Jess and I were going to go try to ride TOT again, but for some reason didn't. I really don't know what happened there.

Day whatever I'm on. I don't know what I did that morning. Jess, Alyssa and Shivahn went to Typhoon Lagoon. Maybe I just watched TV. We ended up going to MK again that night. We did Carousel of Progress, People Mover (or TTA for you who want to call it that), Splash and Thunder too I believe. We watched the parade. Watched the show they had in the Diamond Horseshoe Revue and had coke floats. When they asked everyone in there where they were from, of course we had to say Disneyland. This must have been like EMH night or whatever it was called then. I remember we were out major late. So maybe we rode all those rides later. We also did Buzz Lightyear and my grandpa and I did the Alien Encounter thing.

Day seven. EPCOT again. And a major storm. Well, major for me. Let's just say there was Mexican food all over the ground at one point. I don't remember details, but I remember they lost their food the wind was so strong. I know at one point everyone in the parks were trying to hide under all the covered walkways. I remember getting stuck by Innoventions. It let up at some point. I'm sure we rode something. Played around in WS again. I know after we got back to the resort that night, our grandma asked us to write down our top 5 things to do the next day (our last day).

Day eight. Alyssa, Uncle Keith and I went to Typhoon lagoon. The only thing I really remember was swimming with the sharks. We did some of the slides I'm sure, and I have a vague memory of the river thingy. After this we met with everyone else at DTD and went to Disney Quest. A five story arcade? Yes please! I love love loved the create your own roller coaster thing. That night we did WCC for dinner. We went there some other day too, but I don't remember what day or what meal.

Want an embarrassing story? Well, at some point Alyssa had to go to the restroom. Well, Jess and I at some point went to check on where she was. We also wanted to get away from our server who enjoyed his/her job a little too much. Well, we walked in as Alyssa was walking out, so we walked back to the table together. We get back, and the server starts questioning our whereabouts. We told him/her we went to the restroom to try and find Alyssa, and he/she asks what color the soap is. Jess and I had no clue as we hadn't actually washed our hands as we'd done nothing but walk in the door. Alyssa just started at the guy/lady. So he/she starts announcing to the entire restaurant that we'd gone to the bathroom and not washed our hands. The three of us went running from the table to find out what color the soap was. Jess and I then started screaming at Alyssa for not saying because she had washed her hands and should have known. We got back to the table, after making sure to scrub our hands thoroughly just in case and announced the color and texture of the soap. I believe it was a white powder substance that turned into suds. I could be wrong. Yea, for a long time after that, every time I had to go to the restroom at a restaurant, I made sure to know what kind of soap they had in case I was ever asked again. My point? Make sure you know what you wash your hands with in the bathrooms!! You never know!!

Getting back on track, after dinner, we packed. We were leaving the next day. Early the next day. Like, with time change and all, this was the buttcrack of the buttcrack of dawn. On the flight home, certain members of the family were talking about going to Disneyland that evening so they could say they'd been to Disney World and Disneyland in the same day. They did too. I went home and recanted the entire trip to my parents. Then slept. And slept some more.

oh, how I love my cricut!!

I even found a lady who sells cartridges for $20, which means I've spent too much lately adding to my collection.:rolleyes1

oh, how I love my cricut!!

I love mine too. I have to admit, it's like the best gift I've ever gotten. Just don't tell my DBF that :thumbsup2

I even found a lady who sells cartridges for $20, which means I've spent too much lately adding to my collection.:rolleyes1

Really?! Is she online or local or what? I could imagine spending quite a bit on upgrading my collection... I'd just have to decide if it was worth spending trip money on it or actually going to WDW.

I am not a morning person. I'd much rather be walking in the door at 4 am rather than out of it. And here I was this morning, up at 3:30 for work, guzzling coffee like no ones business after going to sleep just before 1 am. Now, part of my problem is I have insomnia. So, sleeping at all is difficult for me. But, if I wake up on my own 2 ½ hours later, instead of by an alarm, I am fine and can go all day. Don't you just hate that? Well, I do anyways. My cats love it though. It means early breakfast for them. Then they go back and get back into bed with my DBF while I'm forced to get myself ready for my day ahead. Why am I mentioning this?

Well, I had a realization this morning as I was sitting on my computer, cup of coffee in hand, reading some more entries of a recently found TR from three years ago. For some reason, I love the completed ones more. I think it has to do with the fact that they are completed, so I don't have to wait for an update. I'm impatient like that. Anywho, my realization is Walt Disney World is in FL. EST time. I live in WA state. PST. Anyone else see the connection? 3:30 am to me, is 6:30 am to the east coast mouse. I actually banged my head against my desk with this thought came to me. What am I going to do? I'm a rope drop kind of gal. I am excited to see the opening shows. Even if it means ditching the rest of my party to see them. Parks open at 9, so need to be there by 8:30 (did I mention I always need to be wherever early?), which means up no later by 7. But, there are four of us and one bathroom. So do we need to get up at 6:30? 6?!

So, there I was, having a slight panic attack about how I'm not going to be able to sleep for a whole week and I'll have to back at work the day after I get home at 5am... I'm going to be Grumpy. And Loopy (he's the eighth dwarf no one ever talks about) But I then realized something else. Who cares? I will be at Disney World!! I'll take a nap on IASW. Snooze on the buses/monorail. They have coffee, right? I will survive. Did I really think I'd be sleeping much anyways? I'm going to be on a total adrenaline rush! Anywho, I got home from work, was bored, 2 pm is too early to go to bed. So I decided to share. Yet again, no real update.

Really?! Is she online or local or what? I could imagine spending quite a bit on upgrading my collection... I'd just have to decide if it was worth spending trip money on it or actually going to WDW.

she's on ebay...if you want more info, I'll pm you.

I understand about mornings, the need to be places early and the 3 hour time change...my body usualy adjusts the day before we go home....just in time for me to re adjust at home.

I am not a morning person. I'd much rather be walking in the door at 4 am rather than out of it. And here I was this morning, up at 3:30 for work, guzzling coffee like no ones business after going to sleep just before 1 am. Now, part of my problem is I have insomnia. So, sleeping at all is difficult for me. But, if I wake up on my own 2 ½ hours later, instead of by an alarm, I am fine and can go all day. Don't you just hate that? Well, I do anyways. My cats love it though. It means early breakfast for them. Then they go back and get back into bed with my DBF while I'm forced to get myself ready for my day ahead. Why am I mentioning this?

Well, I had a realization this morning as I was sitting on my computer, cup of coffee in hand, reading some more entries of a recently found TR from three years ago. For some reason, I love the completed ones more. I think it has to do with the fact that they are completed, so I don't have to wait for an update. I'm impatient like that. Anywho, my realization is Walt Disney World is in FL. EST time. I live in WA state. PST. Anyone else see the connection? 3:30 am to me, is 6:30 am to the east coast mouse. I actually banged my head against my desk with this thought came to me. What am I going to do? I'm a rope drop kind of gal. I am excited to see the opening shows. Even if it means ditching the rest of my party to see them. Parks open at 9, so need to be there by 8:30 (did I mention I always need to be wherever early?), which means up no later by 7. But, there are four of us and one bathroom. So do we need to get up at 6:30? 6?!

So, there I was, having a slight panic attack about how I'm not going to be able to sleep for a whole week and I'll have to back at work the day after I get home at 5am... I'm going to be Grumpy. And Loopy (he's the eighth dwarf no one ever talks about) But I then realized something else. Who cares? I will be at Disney World!! I'll take a nap on IASW. Snooze on the buses/monorail. They have coffee, right? I will survive. Did I really think I'd be sleeping much anyways? I'm going to be on a total adrenaline rush! Anywho, I got home from work, was bored, 2 pm is too early to go to bed. So I decided to share. Yet again, no real update.

Life of a West Coaster.

So I decided a while ago I'd make a countdown calendar. Like when I was still way over 100 days away. But I put it off because I still had so long to go before we were set to leave, and I didn't want to stare at it everyday and have to think to myself that I still had so long before I could do anything with it. So what happened? I never made one.

I did get a few Mickey heads from the local Home Depot a while back to use for the calendar. This was before Jordan scared everyone into thinking they were doing away with them. Since then, at my Home Depot, they now have a Mickey head guard. I'm not kidding. He hovered over my friend and I as we looked at the paint cards this morning. We were there actually looking for colors to paint her new house, but getting some Mickey heads was part of my plan too. Needless to say, we didn't get anymore. I was too scared.

Getting back to the point, I made a faux countdown today. It's weak. I know.

IMG_1298.jpg

I have this white board on my fridge that I post my work schedule on so my DBF has some clue about when we'll see each other. And it's color coded so he knows how likely I am to be home on time. Well, actually it's coded to show what exactly I'm supposed to be doing that day. Whichever.

I have Sunday off, so I may give it a try again. But probably not.

Don't know how I missed out on this PTR until now!:confused3

I'm here now. Hope we all get to see ya at WDW! :thumbsup2

*sigh*

Yea, that's about all I can say. So we're changing our dining plans. It's been decided to do the QSDP instead of the DDP. I'll spare you the details, but basically, no one wants to be tied to a reservation time. I understand it, and sadly I think I'm to blame for the change. Oh well. We're still keeping our ADR for the Princess breakfast at Akershus though and just paying OOP for it. Plus, we'll get Falena's cast member discount on the meal, so it isn't like we're paying full price for it or anything. Anywho, Falena has never ever never done character dining before, and she wants to. Come to think of it, I'm sure Johnny hasn't either. And since this one was already set, why not? Again, it's a character meal we'll all enjoy. Jen, Falena and I love the Princesses. And Johnny, well he's a boy. We'll just leave it at that. ;)

My happy thought about it all is that the refillable mug is included in the QSDP, and isn't in the DDP. So now I don't have to pay OOP for a mug. lol It's all I've got.

On to the other Disney related news front... So, Disney has their own line of wedding gowns based on the princesses, right? Well, they'll be having a show at my local Costco showing the gowns right before I leave. So a group of us are going to ditch work/school and go have some fun!! I'm excited. It'll be the perfect thing two days before I go to WDW. Not that I need any help getting excited about the trip. It's gotten to the point at work that on a daily basis everyone asks me how many days I have left (It's 26 btw)

I've also come up with a gift for my friends up here that are busy being mad at me for not agreeing to stow them away in my suitcase. Well, it's a great gift for two of them anyways. Erica decided she wanted an autograph book filled with signatures. Well, that turned into a custom made book, with cut outs from the Cricut machine and pictures of the characters, and oh so much more. We spent our shift a couple of nights ago planning it all out. It'll be a surprise for the rest of the girls. Now I can only hope they're all as excited about them as Erica is.

do you get to try on the dresses?
I've seen some pictures of them before and they're gorgeous!

Are you making 1 autograph book or several?

do you get to try on the dresses?
I've seen some pictures of them before and they're gorgeous!

I have no clue. But, just in case, we're all bringing cameras. I hope we don't have to show a ring as proof that we're getting married. Though I'm perfectly fine just trying on a bridesmaids dress if they'll let me.

Are you making 1 autograph book or several?

I think Erica and I decided four. We kinda went through the list of everyone, and other than her, there are only really two who we think would like one. That only adds to three you might say. Well, you are right. The fourth is for me of course!!

Still not a bad deal.

I know. And I'm all for it now. I realized they're right. I don't want to be standing in line for Soarin', only 20 minutes from getting on, but have to get out of line to go run across the park to Teppan Edo, run up a thousand stairs and find out we're already an hour late. :headache: Yea. At least I still have my Princess breakfast. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter