Here we go again! Dining review October 9-13

Wow, that lunch looks and sounds fantastic!!!!!! Great choice of events

It was amazing! I've already decided we are doing it again next year and we are going to do the Wine vs. Beer lunch at Via Napoli too. I want to try to fit in as many of the F&W dining experiences as possible.

That's the first DIS review I've seen of Takumi Tei. Everything you guys ordered looked fantastic!!

That dinner looked amazing!

Flavors from Fire- Smoked Corned Beef served with Crispy Potatoes, Cheese Curds, Pickled Onions, and Beer-Cheese Fondue

The Cheese Studio- Maple Bourbon Cheesecake served with Maple Bourbon Cream, Caramel, and Pecan Crunch

Ireland- Guinness and Baileys Shake and Warm Chocolate Pudding

The Chocolate Studio-Twinings® Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Frozen Cocktail with Caramel Vodka

Refreshment Port- Duck Confit Poutine served with Fig Demi Sauce and Brie Cheese Fondue

Hops and Barley-Freshly Baked Carrot Cake served with Cream Cheese Icing

Have an awesome time!
Thanks for these!!! We are back. I didn't get to try the Duck Poutine, the line there was always SUPER long! I loved the Corned Beef!

Wow, your dinner looks and sounds amazing. I haven't seen much about Takumi Tei so truly appreciate you all sharing. Japanese food is one of my favorites so I am sure we will get there at some point. How long did your dinner take? We'd heard it could be a few hours which is why we hadn't done it with the kiddo yet.

That's the first DIS review I've seen of Takumi Tei. Everything you guys ordered looked fantastic!!

It was a fantastic meal. I knew it was going to be expensive but it was worth it. I almost broke even on my TIW card on this dinner alone!

That dinner looked amazing!

Thanks for these!!! We are back. I didn't get to try the Duck Poutine, the line there was always SUPER long! I loved the Corned Beef!

Our dinner was great! I'm glad you enjoyed the corned beef!

Wow, your dinner looks and sounds amazing. I haven't seen much about Takumi Tei so truly appreciate you all sharing. Japanese food is one of my favorites so I am sure we will get there at some point. How long did your dinner take? We'd heard it could be a few hours which is why we hadn't done it with the kiddo yet.

We really enjoyed Takumi Tei. I'm glad we tried it and might be back someday but for the price, we won't rush back. It was delicious but I think I'd rather try other places. I looked at my receipt and it said 7:30 pm. We had a 6:00 pm reservation so our meal was an hour and a half. Not bad at all!

Thank you for your report! There were so many things I missed at F&W this year due to a concentration on special events. The only one I will repeat is the Tequila Lunch. It was very good. I appreciate your photo of the swordfish ceviche. DH and I forget what type of fish it was and I didn’t get a picture.

We are heading back to the Swan this Spring and we do consider ourselves quasi-foodies. Love using Marriott points for our Swan stay so it opens up the wallet for a bunch of great meals. Thinking about Tukami Tei but still have our 2 teenagers in tow. Following with interest....

Thank you for your report! There were so many things I missed at F&W this year due to a concentration on special events. The only one I will repeat is the Tequila Lunch. It was very good. I appreciate your photo of the swordfish ceviche. DH and I forget what type of fish it was and I didn’t get a picture.
Hi there! The tequila lunch was awesome. We plan on doing it next year too!

Your Takumi Tei meal looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing!
It was fantastic!

Following!
Thanks for following!

We are heading back to the Swan this Spring and we do consider ourselves quasi-foodies. Love using Marriott points for our Swan stay so it opens up the wallet for a bunch of great meals. Thinking about Tukami Tei but still have our 2 teenagers in tow. Following with interest....
I hope you guys get to try it!

Sorry about the hiatus! We had a 8:45 am Wild Africa Safari Trek the next morning. DH and I had done it 3 times before but this was DS first time. The trek was fantastic as usual. This was most likely our last time though. I'd like to try other special events and tours. After the trek, we headed over to Nomad Lounge. We had never been here or to Tiffins so we were very excited. We were lucky to find a seat outside. It was a beautiful morning/afternoon.

IMG_0516.JPEG IMG_0517.JPEG IMG_0520.JPEG IMG_0521.JPEG

We first ordered a few drinks. DH had a beer, I had the snow leopard salvation and DS had the boto-rita. For food, we ordered the charred octopus and the poutine. Both of these were amazing! We enjoyed our light lunch and headed over to DS to try another place he had been dying to try.

We arrived at our destination- Chef Art Smith's! We have been trying to fit this in but never was able to and the dinner reservations are super hard to get too. We booked this lunch reservation planning on splitting a few of the smaller dishes. This ended up being one of our favorite meals! DS ordered a moonshine flight. I ordered a margarita and DH, of course, ordered a beer.

IMG_0524.JPEG IMG_0525.JPEG

We decided on the thigh high chicken biscuits and the kitchen plate. Our choices for the kitchen plate were mashed potatoes, sweet corn spoon bread, and mac and cheese. The biscuits were absolutely amazing! All of the items in the kitchen sink were great as well. We wished we were able to order dessert but we were too full. We will definitely be back here on our next trip and we will be ordering all of these items again and so much more!

IMG_0526.JPEG

IMG_0527.JPEG IMG_0528.JPEG IMG_0529.JPEG

We love Homecomin'!!! DH loves the Sweat Tea Moonshine! What were the types of moonshine in the flight?
Homecomin' is a must do for us now. The moonshine flight was watermelon, apple pie and blue flame.

Thanks for the trip report. Everything looks delish. Great ideas on our trip to come. Love the pics.
Thanks!

Very much enjoying your review and pics! I do believe I'm quite full and a bit drunk :) Can't wait to have a similar experience in a couple weeks myself!
Full and drunk? That's our vacation style! Hope you have a blast! Wish we were going soon!

After our light lunch at Homecomin', we rode the hot air balloon. I've always wanted to do it. It was fun but a one and done for us. We went back to the hotel, rested and decided to go to Shula's lounge for a light dinner. We weren't too hungry and tired from our day so it was a good choice since it was so close.

I got a glass of white wine. DS got a special drink based on Star Wars. I don't remember what it was. DH got a glass of red wine.
IMG_0547.JPEG

Not being too hungry I ordered the lobster bisque. Unfortunately, it was not very hot. If it was warmer I would have enjoyed it much more. I didn't say anything and I did eat the whole bowl!
IMG_0548.JPEG

DS got a half dozen oysters.
IMG_0549.JPEG

We all split the filet with a side of mac and cheese. Both were really good.
IMG_0551.JPEG

IMG_0552.JPEG

And for dessert, we got the ricotta donuts.
IMG_0553.JPEG

We enjoyed our meal here. We would go back if nothing else was available or we didn't feel like venturing out too far but I do think we enjoy other places much more.

The next day was our last day :( We got up and headed over to EP. We stopped at Les Halles for a quick snack. We got the Croissant Jambon Fromage Ham, Cheese and Béchamel in a Croissant and the Croissant Salé Eggs, Cheese and Bacon Croissant along with a mimosa.

IMG_0579.JPEG IMG_0580.JPEG IMG_0581.JPEG

Next, we hit up some more F&W. We started with the warm chocolate pudding and Guinness and baileys shake. This is always a hit! Then we stopped for Canada's filet and cheddar cheese soup. So good!

IMG_0582.JPEG IMG_0584.JPEG IMG_0585.JPEG IMG_0586.JPEG

We headed over to refreshment port for the duck confit poutine. This was amazing!! We also stopped for the seared scallops and butternut squash ravioli at the wine and dine studio.
IMG_0587.JPEG IMG_0588.JPEG

IMG_0589.JPEG

Our last F&W stop was at the cheese studio for the best cheesecake! Maple Bourbon cheesecake. This is so delicious!
IMG_0590.JPEG

Last edited:
After our last stop at the booths, we decided to walk over to Italy to hang out in the wine cellar. I've been to Disney World a lot of times, and have never seen this! I thought it was cool. 😂

IMG_0591.JPEG

DS and I started off with The Grand Tour. We both enjoyed it very much.

IMG_0596.JPEG

We ordered the prosciutto and cheese plate and the marinated seafood salad. Both were excellent once again.

IMG_0598.JPEG IMG_0599.JPEG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!