Here we go again...

ColoradoDisneyFan

Mouseketeer
Previously owned BCV way back and sold it for a nice profit. Still always stayed at BC for trips after DVC, getting lucky with free dining on each trip. But now we are almost to the grandchild phase of our lives and want to buy again. I see all the changes and yikes it sure gets confusing! While resale seems the way to go because of the price and availability of BCV direct through Disney, I think we will miss the DVC perks. Does it make sense to buy resale for the points we need at BCV then possibly buy a small contract directly through Disney for OKW? Will Disney sell below 100 points for OKW? We always liked OKW as our backup when we couldn't get into BCV at the last minute. So we think that OKW as an add-on will work for us in the big picture. I have perused these boards all day and I have DVC overload, lol, and need some advice from the experts on this board. TIA!

Previously owned BCV way back and sold it for a nice profit. Still always stayed at BC for trips after DVC, getting lucky with free dining on each trip. But now we are almost to the grandchild phase of our lives and want to buy again. I see all the changes and yikes it sure gets confusing! While resale seems the way to go because of the price and availability of BCV direct through Disney, I think we will miss the DVC perks. Does it make sense to buy resale for the points we need at BCV then possibly buy a small contract directly through Disney for OKW? Will Disney sell below 100 points for OKW? We always liked OKW as our backup when we couldn't get into BCV at the last minute. So we think that OKW as an add-on will work for us in the big picture. I have perused these boards all day and I have DVC overload, lol, and need some advice from the experts on this board. TIA!
You will need to buy a minimum of 100 pts direct to get the benefits.

The difference between resale and direct times 100 points is a substantial amount of money. How many years worth of perks is equal to that amount? The economy is good and DVC just raised the minimum from 75 to 100...in a few years, 100 points might seem small. Regardless, buy again. Oh and if you love BCV buy it and celebrate. OKW is easier to book through Disney or rent if you really want to stay there. Trust me, at this stage there are only so many years left and you don't really want to waste any of them right?

We just had our first trip with our son and daughter in law - the last trip with or son was when he was a junior in high school and we have been doing couples trips since then. It was a long wait through college, grad school, medical boards, new job, dating, wedding, honeymoon and new home. A 16 year wait!

We dreamed of this trip for years (hoped for a Disney girl) and it was a total blast as we gave them their own studio in the same building, lots of space to do what they wanted and paid for the whole thing...hopefully we'll be hosting them and grandchildren in a few years. Our daughter in law and I were planning our next trip while enjoying this one... You can't take it with you but you can share your love of Disney with them and leave them with lots of great memories!
pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter