Here's one for you.

hcortesis

DIS Veteran
Had reservation for VGF Jan 25-30 & BCV Jan 30-Feb 05. Waitlisted for BCV Jan 29-30. Option on waitlist request was to cancel existing reservation. I assumed they would cancel the 29th at VGF if the waitlist came through. I have had probably 10-15 waitlists come through over the years. Waitlist came through this a.m. Complete VGF trip was cancelled. On the phone at 9:00, of course the GF rooms were now gone to fill another waitlist. They could offer a split stay between OKW and BLT for those missing nights. I said I don't believe I did anything wrong so I told them I would only take VGF, GF, BC or BCV. She said they didn't do anything wrong either. Sorry, nothing more they could do. So I re-booked flights to arrive on January 29th instead of January 25th. Supervisor said next time call them to insure that only that waitlist night gets cancelled and not the complete reservation. She re-worked the points so they will not be in holding.

Seems like a glitch in their system to me.

Wow sorry to hear you had this happen and sure glad you could change your flight. Hopefully there was no fee or penalty to change your flight. Also sorry you trip got a few days shorter. I guess this was a tricky waitlist since you only wanted a few days from the first leg of your stay. Not sure what would have been the best way to handle this waitlist since it wasn't for the full stay at first resort. Did MS give you any suggestion on how to better handle a waitlist like this. I guess you would have had to stalk the site waiting to jump on the needed nights? I think I would have been very upset about this if it happened to me! Sending you some pixie dust, hope you have a good trip. pixiedust:

The online system only cancels the entire reservation when you process a waitlist (when asking to cancel a reservation). The only way to do days from the beginning or end of a reservation (can’t be any middle days) is to call or chat MS and request them to make note of your request to cancel only the specific nights. I never select online to cancel a reservation (unless I do want all the nights replaced); I always make the waitlist request then call to verify which reservation and nights that the request is to replace. Feel better confirming it with MS.

Sorry this happened but unfortunately MS didn’t do anything incorrect because the request was to cancel the reservation, but I feel your pain. It was nice of them to change the status of the points from holding.

Yes, crvetter is correct. Complete reservation gets cancelled. I guess I have always had nights before or after a current reservation added. Flights were $60 to adjust. And yes, her suggestion was to call to have notes made that I only wanted one night cancelled.

That's the last time that will happen. I'll know better next time.

We are careful to split our reservations in two if we plan to wait list some of our days. This avoids the scenario above.

Had reservation for VGF Jan 25-30 & BCV Jan 30-Feb 05. Waitlisted for BCV Jan 29-30. Option on waitlist request was to cancel existing reservation. I assumed they would cancel the 29th at VGF if the waitlist came through. I have had probably 10-15 waitlists come through over the years. Waitlist came through this a.m. Complete VGF trip was cancelled. On the phone at 9:00, of course the GF rooms were now gone to fill another waitlist. They could offer a split stay between OKW and BLT for those missing nights. I said I don't believe I did anything wrong so I told them I would only take VGF, GF, BC or BCV. She said they didn't do anything wrong either. Sorry, nothing more they could do. So I re-booked flights to arrive on January 29th instead of January 25th. Supervisor said next time call them to insure that only that waitlist night gets cancelled and not the complete reservation. She re-worked the points so they will not be in holding.

Seems like a glitch in their system to me.
We all learn through experience to complicated changes by making a call rather than online but waitlists are difficult to sort out.Have a wonderful time !!!!

The only time you can set up a waitlist to cancel only part and not all of your reservation is to call MS and have them put the note in that way.

It is like the modifying system, You can only modify the entire reservation online, but MS has the ability to modify part of it,

I am sorry that you are in this situation but as mentioned, that is the way it is set up. When one chooses to replace, its agreeing to replace it all,

We all learn through experience to complicated changes by making a call rather than online but waitlists are difficult to sort out.
The only time you can set up a waitlist to cancel only part and not all of your reservation is to call MS and have them put the note in that way.

It is like the modifying system, You can only modify the entire reservation online, but MS has the ability to modify part of it,

I am sorry that you are in this situation but as mentioned, that is the way it is set up. When one chooses to replace, its agreeing to replace it all,

Thanks. Yes, didn't realize this. Ah, more points for next year I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!