Here's to New Adventures - PTR June 2020 and October 2021

HizMinnie2015

Mouseketeer
Well hello my friendly Folks - welcome to our story of "The New Adventures of Emmett & EJ".

I want to welcome all the oldies, the newbies and everyone in between! I've never done a complete PTR so this is the 1st New Adventure of many.

My life partner and I have been to Disney once together in 2015; It was his 1st time. Let's just say while he doesn't act as if he caught the Disney bug, he definitely doesn't tell me no when I suggest another trip in the future.

I am currently planning 2 trips - one for late June/early July 2020 and another in October 2021... So let's start with Introductions and we get into all the good stuff as we go :flower1:

Table of Contents
Introduction
June 2020
October 2021

Last edited:
INTRODUCTION:

So both trips above include me and my life partner so we will start there. The June '20 trip will also include my oldest and her 2 boys.

Alicia/Nana -
I'm 48, a mom of 4 grownies and one angel, Nana to 8 of the most beautiful grandbabies I've ever seen. I might be a bit biased but you know LOL. I work full-time as an Accounts Manager (glorified name for a CSR). I was a Disney TA up until January when I just decided I'd rather be planning my own trips and not everyone else's trips. I'm crafty by nature - I sew, crochet, I love my Silhouette Cameo and am currently making the decorated tumblers that are all the rage.

Martyne/Papa -

My life partner, Martyne is 44 and has no kids of his own. He treats my kids/grandkids as his own. We have been together for 12 years. He works full-time in I.T. for Walgreens Corporate here in Illinois. He is an avid gamer, and collects Transformers.

This photo is of us together in WDW 2015 for MNSSHP.

11227575_10205295206560384_8760943944379626937_n.jpg

Morgan/Mom - my oldest child she will be 31 on this trip; she's only flown once in her life that I know of and has never been to Disney or Florida. She works full-time and is a single mom to 2 of my grandboys.

58732952_10218541832875152_6887419653333712896_n.jpg

Emmett & Emrick(EJ) - Emmett will be 11 and EJ will be 8 on this trip; neither has never flown and has never traveled away from home except by car to Nana & Papa's house, which is about a 6 hr drive.

40298041_10216663771724797_6387354111389466624_o.jpg

Picking a date for 2020

My kids and I have been tossing around the idea of going as a family for quite some time. My 3rd child, Kelsey, wanted to take her 4 yr old for her birthday next year. So we convinced my oldest that she and her 2 boys needed to go as well... and a New Adventure begins. After some life complications Kelsey isn't able to go after all, so we moved dates around and have a plan.

I'm the primary planner as Martyne doesn't care as long as he is fed, showered and gets some alcohol lol. Morgan had never been so that leaves me. I'm ok with this as I know the boys pretty well.

Our 2020 trip looks like this -
June 28th - July 5th, 2020
POR - Riverside
Deluxe Dining
4 days of Disney Park Tickets with more to be added there.
1 day of The other place tickets... Morgan said she needs to see HP and the beach 🙄 or she's not going ---- fine, whatever it takes 😂😂😂

We have not made a decision as to whether we want to fly or drive from Chicago. The extra time to drive isn't a concern. I am not patient and I don't ride well so we are weighing the convenience of flying vs driving, saving money and having a potential a then 49 yr old meltdown. I've been reading a lot about driving, including trying to find Trip Reports here that talk about it. It seems the drive is about 18 hours without stopping for gas etc. So I'm counting it as 22 hours all inclusive. Meaning we would need to leave Chicagoland around 8am Saturday morning by car.

Looking at flights I'd love to be on a 5:50am flight putting us in Orlando around 9:30am ish.

We are going to wait until Southwest comes out with pricing and see how it looks and go from there.

Dining -

Martyne is dead set on having the DDP. He seems to feel like with everything being paid for in advance we save ourselves from another melt-down, hence a crisis averted.... he has never planned an event in his life so he doesn't realize the crisis could happen a million times over before we even get there.

I'm planning on TS breakfasts and dinners and leaving the daytime open for QS or whatever we decide that day. I realize everyone has an opinion about sit down versus grab'n'run meals. This is what works for our family :)

So far we have these on our list of places in no particular Order. Martyne and I have eaten at some of these places, but not all. We are sticking to 1 credit meals so Morgan and the boys can try a lot of different places. The boys are foodies and there isn't much that they don't like. I have no concern about the amount of food. Both boys can eat as much as Martyne and are active in sports etc. We are open to suggestions so PLEASE feel free to list your favorites!

Table Service Quick Service
Rose & Crown Flame Tree BBQ
Tusker House Columbia House
Rainforest Cafe
Mama Melrose Fantasmic Pkg
O'Hana (Breakfast)
Chef Mickey
1900 Park Fare - Breakfast & Dinner
Crystal Palace

Park Days
So far we have 4 park days on our reservation. Martyne & Morgan will be gone one day visiting up the road; one day we are going to a Beach, probably on the Atlantic side, but not 100% sure yet. The boys and I will for sure be adding at least 1 more day once we get down there. It could turn into 2 days for each of us and one more for Morgan and Martyne. We check out on the 5th and I would really like to spend the 4th in a park before leaving, preferably MK if we don't end up with PH.

We are planning to take the earliest flight out of Chicago, or if driving arrive at sun up, on Sunday, June 28th. The idea is to getthere, get my scooter, find our room if its ready and get to Epcot as soon as possible. I love Epcot but I know my grandboys will not particularly enjoy walking through the countries... I get some kids do, but mine both have ADHD and some other issues; both Mom and I think that we worry about this once we get there as she doesn't think they will want to either. I'm ok with that as long as I get to do the PIck-A-Pearl again in Japan. When we went in 2015, Martyne and I bought 2 oysters. He had never seen this so I thought ok I can give one to my mother. We take our turn to crack them babies open and VOILA I got one-7.5" pearl and in the other shell was a set of 6.25" twins!!!! That was AMAZING!!!! So instead of my mother getting one. I have a necklace and earrings lol. I promised my mother I would get her one on my next trip to make up for this.

Our tentative Schedule -
Sunday 6/28 Epcot
Monday 6/29 Animal Kingdom
Tuesday 6/30 Hollywood Studios - Lightsaber and 2 droids for the grands are high on our list; at this point we will need to make a decision for more tickets as I know we have to have 1 day left in order to add more days.
Wednesday 7/1 Magic Kingdom
Thursday 7/2 Martyne & Morgan visit up the road - Me, Emmett & EJ are "tentatively" going back to Hollywood Studios.
Friday 7/3 BEACH and International Drive Shopping Day
Saturday 7/4 Park day and/or Disney Springs
Sunday 7/5 Check Out

Last edited:
2021 - a 50th Celebration - Me and Disney World!!!

Magic Kingdom was opened on October 1st, 1971, we all know this so well LOL :bday: However a little girl was born a few months earlier on May 31st. She grew to love Sorcerer Mickey and wanted to be Cinderella when she grew up.

For as long as I can remember, I've loved Disney. I remember racing to change into my jammies and camping on the floor watching The Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday evenings. For the last several years I've been silently planning and saving for a trip in 2021 to celebrate with Disney for our 50th birthdays. I plan to spend one night at the Contemporary in a Theme Park room, and then move to Pop Century, which is quite undoubtedly my most favorite hotel yet. The committee will respectfully hold its final decision on this though as I'm waiting for the new SW themed Hotel to open. I'm dying to stay there as well 🛌

More planning on this will happen as I move along into next year. I'm hoping to get a package planned as soon as they open up or possibly a great BB once we are onsite in June.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!