"Hero" is such an overused word, but

JenniBugInPink

Nobody has seen them since 1982
It drives me crazy when the word hero is thrown about hither and yon for every man, woman, and child who does anything the least bit decent, or even does something that should be just expected behavior these days. However, you parents who deal with all manner of difficulties with your kids, challenges that I feel sure I would crumble in the face of [ignore bad grammar], things you must cope with day in and day out AND then you add the stresses of taking these challenging kids to a place like WDW, and off you go with your kids and your bags of necessary accoutrements like real champions! I don't have any bipedal kids - mine are all furry, and have four legs. Parents in general amaze me. But you guys, parents of kids with various medical and/or cognitive or behavioral challenges are the real heroes out there to me. I don't know how you do it. Just planning a trip and carrying it off for me and Husband is difficult enough, but I love doing it. I can't imagine trying to deal with allergies, or kids in WCs, or who have ASD, or the zillions of things I read about on the boards that are everyday issues for all of you. You are doing the astonishing every day. [We're going to ignore the lawsuit against Disney for the moment...] You do all this without reward or recognition, and I'm betting that pats on the back are fairly rare. So...

I just wanted to say, YOU PARENTS ARE MY HEROES! :cheer2::grouphug::cheer2:

:thanks:

I don't often look at it that way, since my everyday life is so much different from everyone's who lives a "normal" life. Many of us take it in stride, but I really do appreciate the sentiment. You've given me my boost for the day. When I am feeling down, I'll try to remember this thread.

A pat on the back to all the siblings too. A lot of people don't realize how much they give up or how difficult their lives are when they have a brother or sister with special needs.

A pat on the back to all the siblings too. A lot of people don't realize how much they give up or how difficult their lives are when they have a brother or sister with special needs.
Absolutely! I'm an only, but Husband was dx with Type I diabetes at age 4 (he's 59 now). His brother is 5 years older, and was just old enough to have to kind of have to fend for himself a lot of the time as they dealt with Husband's diabetes. Remember, this was back before test strips, glucose meters, disposable needles, sugar-free everything, etc. It was frightening as heck back then.

So a big :hug: and salute to all those siblings, both big and small! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter