Hertz Club Gold

Here'sTigger2U

Isn't is time to go?
Does anybody have it? Is it worth it? I am a recent DVC member and even more recent Daddy (16 month girl and 1 month old boy). My wife and I are planning to go to WDW by ourselves in Jan '02, with the kids in Mar '02, and possibly out to California in Fall 2002. My thoughts are these: does the fifty dollar membership make it worthwhile? (Anybody heard of getting the 1st year free?). I am looking to save as much time as I can at the car rental counters. Hertz has that cool area that has your name up, telling you where your car is, no waiting, just get in and go. With 2 kids under 3, the waiting in WDW will be enough!!! Thanks in advance for any input anybody has, or other ideas!!:) :)

Bob.:bounce:

I have one for business travel and it is convenient as you just go to where the car is and leave and need not wait in lines at a counter. However:

1. Hertz rental rates tend to be more expensive than any other car rental agencies. This is especially true in Orlando.

2. The Hertz pick-up station in Orlando is not at the airport.

Particularly for Orlando, we prefer Emerald Aisle--National Car Rental's program that is similar to Hertz Gold. With EA, you go to an aisle and just take any car that is there (you pay for intermediate size but can often get better including sometimes a mini-van in the aisle) and need not wait in the counter line. National's pick-up station is right at the airport in Orlando. Moreover, I believe you can currently join the Emerald Club on-line without paying a fee, www.nationalcar.com

I do not think the Hertz program is worth it. As Bob said above, Hertz is not on the airport. You have to catch a bus to the Hertz office.

I've got it for business. As far as I know - it just saves time and not money. I use Hertz even in Orlando and Tampa because I get great rates through my company (we're approved for personal travel but still have to show a company ID).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts