Hey Bang-Bang Chicken, Where's Carl? UPDATE 6/3

OhioDisneyLover

DIS Veteran
Hi! :wave: Welcome to my trip report! I never did get to finish my PTR, but after this trip, I couldn’t resist doing a trip report.

Cast of Characters

Me, 50-something, big time Disney lover and obsessed planner. I must admit though, with this new FP+, my planning kinda stunk this year. More on that later.

DH (Joe), 40-something (yeah, I know), enjoys Disney and allows me to plan like a lunatic without complaints.

Here is a picture of us taken on our trip:

Disneyjan-feb2014sony881_zpsb315e445.jpg

DM (“the Gramma”), not-telling-her-age-because-she-will-knock-me-out-if-I-do, loves Disney but doesn’t really care about planning…likes to go with the flow.

DNephew (let’s call him “Bang-Bang Chicken” or “Bang-Bang” for short), 16, been going to Disney since he was 4.

DNiece (let’s call her “Carl”), 18, third trip with the family, loves Tink.

Gramma and her grandkids:

DisneyFeb2014364_zps2c9aaf9d.jpg

DSis (Shelly), 30-something, seems to enjoy Disney and usually has just one request – can we eat at Fulton’s?

My sister and my nephew:

DisneyFeb2014329_zpse52c4aca.jpg

DBro (Mike), 30-something, been to Disney a few times, digs Star Wars.

My brother and my niece. I'm thinking she wasn't ready for me to take this pic. LOL:

DisneyFeb2014812-Copy_zps0d1fb28b.jpg

Here is the whole family, except me because I was taking the picture:

DisneyFeb2014807-Copy_zpsc9aa9545.jpg

We also met up with Inkedupmomma (Jenn) and her family for a few days. Those of you that know me know that we have vacationed with Jenn and her family for the last several years. This year our days didn’t match up exactly …. Booooo. I was happy though to at least have a few days with her and the family. Last year was awesome though because we first went to Jenn’s wedding and then we all drove down to Disney. Woo Hoo!

Here's a picture of us with Jenn and her family:

wd057wdw201402640490363_6925780609_18_zps1fd027a2.jpeg

We also were able to spend time with Synndy (Dis name) and her son, who I will call “B.”

This was going to be a special trip for us since my immediate family had never before all been at Disney at the same time…together…..ever. We were really looking forward to spending time together.

Here is a picture of the two of them:

wd060wdw201403442411859_6925774069_18_zps108d4522.jpeg

I hope you join me as I relive our awesome family adventure! Next up, When, Where and How are We Getting There!

When?

We left awesome Cleveland during not so awesome weather, on Feb 23rd and returned Feb 4th.

Sunday3-21111.jpg

Sunday3-21122.jpg

Made a couple stops which I will tell you about along the way.

Where did we stay?

We had 4 rooms at Pop.

DisneyFeb2014028_zpsf28c8fa7.jpg

DisneyFeb2014029_zpsb4e9d829.jpg

DisneyFeb2014037_zps2319135e.jpg

Joe and I have been staying at Pop for the last few years. Most of our prior trips we have not stayed value, however I finally decided that I’d rather spend more nights in a value than less nights in a mod or deluxe.

Jenn was at POFQ and Synndy is lucky …. She lives in the Orlando area.

How are we getting there with luggage for 6?

We decided that we were going to drive. :scared1: :drive:Crazy, eh? There were six of us going from here and we took my SUV. I obsessed and drove my husband nuts for months to make sure that everything was in order with the car. You know, stuff like brakes and oh yeah, why is the stupid service engine soon light on anyway? :confused: Needless to say, all was taken care of however I think he may still have the headache that I gave him with my nagging. :sick:

We debated on packing for at least six months, no kidding. Determined that we would definitely do laundry :laundy: and that whatever we do pack, had to go in duffle bags, not suitcases. We spent months checking out the various sizes of duffle bags that we had and also duffle bag shopping. Who knew that it would be so complicated? :confused3

We initially borrowed a soft sided luggage carrier from my mom’s friend, but quickly realized that we needed to get something larger. Joe and I decided to get a luggage carrier for the truck. I wasn’t too thrilled at seeing THAT much loot leave my Disney budget for the carrier, but we needed it.

About a month before we left, we thought we had it all figured out….”thought” being the bonus word here. We figured out how many duffle bags we could take, how many would fit into the carrier, and how to get them in there….that is where Joe’s Tetris skills came in super handy. :bitelip:

Joe and I left our house at the BCOD (butt-crack-of-dawn) around 5:30 in the morning. :rolleyes1 We had packed our stuff and put it in the luggage carrier in the middle of a snow storm…yeah, that wasn’t fun at all.

We got to my mom’s and picked everyone else up. My nephew and Joe packed their things (again in a snow storm) and we also packed what was left behind the third row seats in the truck. And then we realized it………no one could bring home anything larger than jewelry because we had ZERO room left! We shall see how THAT turned out later. :rotfl2:

We started off with the kids in the third row seating. Did I mention that they are both tall? I told them that we could switch off and that I would take some time in the back too. “Bang-Bang Chicken” was cool with that. So was “Carl.” You may be wondering where “Bang-Bang Chicken” came from. My nephew had gone out to eat with one of his friends and if I remember the story correctly, he had asked for some sort of chicken and the response from the person waiting on them was “oh, do you want Bang-Bang Chicken?” As you expect from any 16 year old boy, he thought that was funny. More on how Carl got her name later.

Our goal for the day was to get to Georgia, where we were planning to visit with family and spend the night. I wish I could say that our ride was uneventful. So not true. We got about an hour or so outside of Cleveland and all h-e-double-hockey-sticks broke loose. :scared1: OMG, the roads were horrific. Seriously, I was scared to death. :( We were all over the road. Roads were nothing but ice. We were all silent so that Joe could concentrate on driving, aside from paying our “count the Waffle House’s” game and Mad Libs, which went over like a fart in church. :laughing: At one point I suggested just stopping for the night in Columbus…yup, 2 hours away. Joe decided that he would press on so we all made sure we were buckled up and on we went.

Once we were into mid-Kentucky, things got better. We felt like we were on our way. :drive: We stopped for gas and I switched seats with Bang-Bang at that time. Dang, it was tight in the third row seating. Lol. It did end up taking us longer than anticipated but we got to Georgia at about 6:30 or so in the evening…no thanks to a HUGE traffic jam in Atlanta.

We had a nice dinner with the family and got to see their new place before calling it a night. The plan was to get up and leave around 7 the next morning for the 5 hour drive to Disney. :thumbsup2

We didn’t make our plan to get on the road by 7, but we were on the road by around 8, which was great. Part of our delay was that we were trying to find a car wash. OMG, you should have seen the car. People were staring every time we stopped to get gas. They asked us where we came from once they saw the car. LOL. We never did find a place in Georgia that we could go through with the luggage carrier on the car so we continue on our way and made conversation with all the nice folks down south that felt the urge to figure out where we came from and how our vehicle came to look the way it did.

While we were on the road, I realized that our first FP+ was at 2 and I knew that we would not make it. There began my first not so fun encounter with changing FP+ options. When I tried to make a change, the options left were not ones that we were interested in so right off the bat, we were down to just 2 FP+ options our day of arrival.

During our ride, my sister received an email that we had been waiting for forever...or at least it seemed like forever. We were selected to participate in BOG FP+ lunch. :cool1: Yay, finally. Well, let me tell you how that went. We tried to make the selection on line which was a disaster. I called Disney IT services (as the app stated) and after about 45 minutes of being on hold or waiting while the CM checked this or that, was told that they could not help us. Um, really? :( They said that we would have to go to City Hall at MK and that they were the ONLY ones that could help us. The issue was that all of the members of our party that were linked to the account were not eligible for the option, which was wrong. According to the IT person, everyone in the travel party, linked to the account, should have been eligible. More on how this turned out later.

After my conversation with Disney IT, I decided to just sit back and enjoy the rest of the ride. We had started to count Waffle House’s once we left Cleveland, so we finished that game on our way to Disney.

Next Up.........Arrival

As we got closer, I busted out the camera so I was ready for THE picture of the trip….you know which one I am talking about! I was so happy to see finally this sign that I thought I’d cry.

DisneyFeb2014026_zps87edb526.jpg

Once we arrived on Disney property, the first thing I did was text Jenn and Synndy and let them that we were there. Next, we were determined to find a car wash that we could go through. Unfortunately, we couldn’t find one that we could take the luggage carrier through so we decided to just go and check into Pop and pray that our rooms were ready…well, even one room would have been awesome.

We then made our way over to Pop (Welcome Home) to check in and hoped for some pixie dust. We linked all of our reservations together and asked for 50’s (building 2) and for the ground floor. We didn’t necessarily need to be close to each other, just on the ground floor. Joe is a disabled vet and the ground floor works best for us. The 50’s historically had sufficient parking as well. More on that later.

We were super lucky to get three rooms (my brother checked in a few days later…his was the 4th room) in the 50’s section, building 2. And guess what?! They were adjoining. My sister and I had adjoining rooms and my mom and niece were next to her. Yay! And the added bonus, the rooms were all ready. Woot! The only mishap was that my nephew’s magic band didn’t open the door so we had to return to the desk and get that fixed. One hint to those of you traveling soon….the CM told us that once we got to our room for the first time that each person with a magic band needed to open the door right away. So I opened our door, closed it, and then Joe did the same. No clue why they said to that, but we did it anyway.

Disneyjan-feb2014sony005_zpsf18d0292.jpg

Disneyjan-feb2014sony008_zps88d69e11.jpg

Disneyjan-feb2014sony009_zps8ab1385b.jpg

Disneyjan-feb2014sony012_zps1cf5c6d0.jpg

We unpacked and decided to take the luggage carrier off of the car so that we could get it washed. My nephew and Joe took it down (it is super light actually). I wiped it down since it was going to reside with us in our room. We did a bit of unpacking and then headed out to meet our friends.

Next we were determined to get the car washed. It was totally disgusting. We made our way over to Hess, where more people were staring and commenting on the amount of filth on the car. I was itching to get to Epcot so I was hoping that there wouldn’t be anyone in the car wash line and that we’d get through quick.

After the car was nice and clean…well, sorta clean, first stop, EPCOT!

DisneyFeb2014047_zps8cd12056.jpg

DisneyFeb2014060_zps137fc31b.jpg

DisneyFeb2014065_zps3b02d1f3.jpg

DisneyFeb2014066_zpsd4f26825.jpg

DisneyFeb2014068_zpscf11c5bd.jpg

Jenn was already there. We headed to the gates and used our Magic Bands for the first time to enter a park. I think all 6 of them worked that time, but I cannot recall for sure. I know that some of us had issues during the trip, but I cannot remember when they started.

Once we got through the gates, I think we did Photopass pics. I had the Memory Maker and was going to make sure that we made good use of it.

We had a FP+ for Seas with Nemo and Friends so that was our first stop.

DisneyFeb2014070_zps0cd0aa95.jpg

In the big blue world, I'm gonna go explore
In the big blue world that I've never seen before
So many creatures, spinnin' round the sea
In the big blue world, and all of them are waiting for me!?

Years ago when they were building the attraction, I didn’t really know what to expect. I love it though. It’s so dang cute!

As we were leaving, we saw this squirrel snacking away in someone's stroller.

DisneyFeb2014077_zps314b42ff.jpg

Woo woo!!!

The squirrel pic has me dying! So glad you got a picture of it.

Love the update thus far. Also feel free to call me Amanda or Brodie by his name. And use pics from Jon's day. I'm not worried about any of that.

Miss you so much already.

Looking forward to more updates.

P.s. Dying over the title. Bang bang and Carl are my favorites. All of you are actually.

Also don't to leave out how Bang bang ruined the entire vacation with his inability to produce his letter in the ToT picture. Lol

Woo woo!!!

The squirrel pic has me dying! So glad you got a picture of it.

Love the update thus far. Also feel free to call me Amanda or Brodie by his name. And use pics from Jon's day. I'm not worried about any of that.

Miss you so much already.

Looking forward to more updates.

P.s. Dying over the title. Bang bang and Carl are my favorites. All of you are actually.

Also don't to leave out how Bang bang ruined the entire vacation with his inability to produce his letter in the ToT picture. Lol

Yay, so glad that you are here with me. Might just be us. LOL.

Miss you guys too!

The squirrel was having himself a nice lunch. Went from stroller to stroller.

Won't forget about bang-bang ruining the entire vacation. ha!

After Nemo, we went over to the Land Pavilion and waited for Jenn since we all had FP for Soarin at the same time.

We got there a bit before our FP time so we rode Living with the Land, which my mom loves.

DisneyFeb2014080_zpsdd25082d.jpg

DisneyFeb2014084_zps4a04cbb3.jpg

DisneyFeb2014087_zps2531c560.jpg

The kids called it the snoozer ride. I remember one year when we did the tour. Mom and I were having a good time and the rest of the family that went were all giving us the stink eye…they couldn’t wait to get out of there. Lol.

DisneyFeb2014088_zpsd98f76e2.jpg

DisneyFeb2014109_zps49b97b88.jpg

DisneyFeb2014111_zpsc00ae3b6.jpg

We were all pretty hungry since we didn’t stop for lunch…the commando (guess who that is?) wanted to get there fast! While we had an early-ish ADR at Rose and Crown, we thought we’d get a snack or something at Sunshine Seasons while we waited for Jenn and the family. I think that Sunshine Seasons is underrated. They have a ton of stuff to select from and so far, everything we have tried has been pretty darn good.

Jenn, Kayla and Bean arrived as we were finishing up our snack. I was so excited to see them and to meet Bean!

DisneyFeb2014118_zps0969a24c.jpg

Isn’t he a doll????? Bob and Jack were on a mission somewhere and were on their way.

Bob and my mom stayed with the baby while the rest of us rode Soarin. I think everyone else rode. I love Soarin. For the longest time, I was afraid to ride it. Once I stated, I can’t seem to get enough of it. I don’t remember if my sister rode it though. One year, we were all getting seated and all of a sudden, my mom and my sister vanished. Poof! Gone! They hightailed it the heck outta there. Ha ha.

After Soarin, we had to race over to Rose and Crown for our ADR.

DisneyFeb2014119_zps90778f25.jpg

It was starting to get cold, which was fine with me actually, but I don’t think the rest of my family was prepared for it. I checked us all in and asked for an outside table, but since our group was so large, we said we would just take first available. We got our pager and then browsed the shops while we waited. My niece and Joe were interested in checking out the Doctor Who stuff that they had. I wanted to meet Pooh and Tigger but we really didn’t have enough time to hang out in line….or didn’t think we did anyhow.

We waited for a while before asking how much longer it would be, as the kids were getting hungry. We were seated inside, which was a first for me, as we have always been seated outside.

Here is Jenn and Kayla at dinner:

DisneyFeb2014134_zps1d3ccd3e.jpg

Our food was quite yummy. Mom had this:

DisneyFeb2014136_zps8d53787d.jpg

Joe had this:

DisneyFeb2014137_zpsee32ad18.jpg

Bang-Bang had this:

DisneyFeb2014138_zps1c973e93.jpg

At first I was a bit bummed to see that the pot roast was no longer on the menu however I wasn’t disappointed with my choice that evening. I had the steak, which is unusual for me, as most of the time I do not eat steak. I also had sticky toffee pudding.

If you are interested, here is the recipe:

Sticky Toffee Pudding from Rose and Crown Pub and Dining Room

Epcot’s UK Pavilion

Ingredients:

Custard Sauce

8 egg yolks
3 oz. castor sugar
1 vanilla bean
8 oz. milk
8 oz. heavy cream
Butter Rum Toffee Sauce
1 oz. butter
4 oz. heavy cream
3 oz. dark brown sugar
1/2 oz. dark rum

Sticky Toffee Pudding

12 oz. dates, chopped and blanched
8 oz. hot water
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. baking soda
1 lbs. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
4 oz. unsalted butter
12 oz. sugar
2 whole eggs
1/4 tsp. salt

Instructions:

Custard Sauce

1. Beat the egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl until well blended.
2. Scrape the insides of the vanilla pod into the milk and cream. Add the pod and bring to a boil.
3. Sit the bowl over a pan of hot water and whisk the cream into the egg yolks and sugar. As the egg yolks cook, the custard will thicken.
4. Keep stirring until it starts to coat the back of a spoon, then remove the bowl from the heat and the pod from the custard.
5. You can serve warm or cold, but to serve cold, stir the sauce occasionally to prevent a skin forming, or cover with greaseproof paper while it cools.

Butter Rum Toffee Sauce

1. Combine butter, sugar, and cream; bring to a boil.
2. Remove from heat and add rum.
3. Stir until all is incorporated. Serve hot.
Sticky Toffee Pudding
1. Chop dates and add to hot water.
2. Stir in vanilla and baking soda.
3. Cream butter and sugar, then add eggs one at a time.
4. On low speed add half of the flour and baking powder and all of the liquid; mix until combined.
5. Fold in the rest of the flour to mixture.
6. Fill greased molds halfway and bake 15 minutes at 325 degrees F.

Our server was quite nice. He said that if we were interested, he had a spot for us outside so that we could watch Illuminations and then come back in to settle our checks. I was thinking to myself, dude, you found a spot for 11 people out there? Woot! Here are a few pictures of Illuminations.

DisneyFeb2014146_zpsa7b5fd84.jpg

DisneyFeb2014148_zps3291c81c.jpg

DisneyFeb2014156_zps3255e38b.jpg

DisneyFeb2014159_zpsb93665e7.jpg

DisneyFeb2014163_zps248e0474.jpg

DisneyFeb2014178_zpsa5663053.jpg

After Illuminations we decided that even though it was EMH that night and I had planned for us to stay until close, we were all pretty beat from our trip down, not to mention some of us were freezing, and wanted to go back to the resort. On our way out, we stopped at Mouse Gear. Why, oh why, does that store always smell like poop? I just don’t get it. Love the store, hate the smell. I took the opportunity to scope out any new merchandise, which I love to do on our first day. I usually do a bit of budget damage in Mouse Gear.

We left Epcot and headed back to Pop for a good night’s sleep since I planned rope drop at MK for the next morning.

DisneyFeb2014193_zps98a6a65b.jpg

Next up.......our first MK day!!

Hey, if there are any lurkers reading, I'd love to hear from you. Please comment!!

Yay for rope drop! Can I just say how much I love the rope drop show????

A kingdom full of endless dreams for every girl and boy
Wondrous lands of make-believe will fill your heart with joy
A castle leads the entrance way to seven lands and more
Step inside our story book, imagine what’s in store!

It’s all pure magic, wrapped up in pixie dust
welcome to a place where dreams come true
A timeless journey through lands of fantasy
Where only a wish creates things like this to appear
The most magical place on Earth is here!

We left the resort in what we thought was sufficient time to get to MK.

DisneyFeb2014197_zps1ed2048c.jpg

DisneyFeb2014202_zps3b56c2a2.jpg

We took the boat over instead of the monorail since it was loading when we got there.

DisneyFeb2014203_zpsfb28f24e.jpg

DisneyFeb2014228_zps85939d81.jpg

DisneyFeb2014234_zps303a000d.jpg

DisneyFeb2014239_zps0c20e468.jpg

We were supposed to meet Jenn at the gate for the show. I sent her a text and she was there already so I let her know that we were on our way.

We went through security pretty easily even though the freaking line was ridiculous. What I wasn’t prepared for was the show to start 15 minutes before the park was to open. I don’t ever remember that happening. Basically, as we were going through the gates, the show was starting. Needless to say, I didn’t get a lot of pictures, etc.

DisneyFeb2014240_zpsd4e15bd5.jpg

DisneyFeb2014246_zps87af3064.jpg

DisneyFeb2014251_zpsf2ef4922.jpg

DisneyFeb2014264_zps4777bff8.jpg

DisneyFeb2014275_zps9e978fa4.jpg

We didn’t have breakfast yet so we all made our way to Starbucks (dang, I miss the Main Street Bakery, don’t you?) to see what they had to offer.

Stopped to take a pic of Kayla and Jack first...I took the pic way before they were ready.

DisneyFeb2014280_zpsf2b152f1.jpg

I am also one of those people that you hate that stop in the middle of the road to take pictures....I do try though and look before I come to an abrupt hault!.

DisneyFeb2014282_zps02f33cad.jpg

DisneyFeb2014283_zps0fd789c4.jpg

DisneyFeb2014284_zps3449c8ac.jpg

Once we got to Starbucks, we ordered and decided we would find a seat either at the yellow striped umbrellas (you know where that is, right? Lol) or at the Tomorrowland Terrace, instead of trying to deal with finding a seat inside.

DisneyFeb2014285_zps9508d212.jpg

DisneyFeb2014287_zpsc12c88d1.jpg

DisneyFeb2014289_zpsce47fb28.jpg

DisneyFeb2014295_zps3a2bc8a0.jpg

DisneyFeb2014297_zpsb2430a8b.jpg

And did I mention the dang crane? Why is it whenever I am there....so is a crane?! LOL

DisneyFeb2014294_zps6b259604.jpg

While we were eating our breakfast, I was fussing with our FP’s for the day. I really, really don’t like the new system at all. It was not fun to have to spend so much time on my phone changing stuff. Not to mention how many people walked into each other because they were messing with their phones and not looking where they were going.

Our first stop was Peter Pan, with FP’s.

DisneyFeb2014307_zpsd9c17f89.jpg

Think of a wonderful thought
Any merry little thought
Think of Christmas, think of snow
Think of sleigh bells Here we go!
Like a reindeer in the sky
You can fly! You can fly!
Soon you'll zoom all around the room
All it takes is faith and trust
But the thing that's a positive must
Is a little bit of pixie dust
The dust is a positive must
When there's a smile in your heart
There's no better time to start
It's a very simple plan
You can do what the birdies can
At least it's worth a try

I still don’t get the lines for that attraction Why are they so darn long? I remember when I use to ride with my mom and neither of us would open our eyes or look down. We felt like we were high up. Lol. And if I am being honest, since we started watching Once Upon A Time on ABC, I think Peter Pan is a putz. Yeah, I don’t like him anymore. They ruined it for me.

After Pan, we made our way to it’s a small world. Love, love, love that attraction. I don’t even care if the song gets stuck in my head or if I have nightmares about the creepy little dolls (yeah, I know, they are animatronics). It is still one of my favorites.

It's a world of laughter, a world of tears
It's a world of hopes and a world of fears
There's so much that we share that it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all
It's a small, small world

DisneyFeb2014309_zps3fdaab4b.jpg

DisneyFeb2014310_zpsd4c1269a.jpg

DisneyFeb2014312_zps6d51043a.jpg

I have no idea what Jenn and Joe were looking at here, but I took t his right after it's a small world.

DisneyFeb2014317_zps8f0b724d.jpg

My sister was checking in with home before we moved to our next stop.

DisneyFeb2014319_zpse99b38f0.jpg

Here's Carl...doesn't she look thrilled>>>

DisneyFeb2014321_zpsbd694033.jpg

Next on the list was my absolute favorite…Philharmagic.

DisneyFeb2014305_zpsce798f7c.jpg

DisneyFeb2014323_zpsa4dea2c3.jpg

I really feel the Disney magic when I see Philharmagic. I think my favorite part has to be Beauty and the Beast part, but I also love the Lion King part too.

I'm gonna be the mane (main) event
Like no king was before
I'm brushing up on looking down
I'm working on my roar
Thus far, a rather uninspiring thing
Oh, I just can't wait to be king

We had a FP for BTMRR, but still had some time. We took our time walking that way.

Stopped here for a few pics:

DisneyFeb2014327_zps4c1312f3.jpg

DisneyFeb2014329_zpse52c4aca.jpg

Oooh, check it out....Carl is cracking a smile!!

DisneyFeb2014332_zpsef5aba67.jpg

We decided to stop at the Haunted Mansion, aka, the “smelly ride” as the Gramma calls it. It’s Joe’s favorite.

DisneyFeb2014337_zps6b6a4789.jpg

Wait time says 10 minutes, but it was a walk on. We went through the cemetery so that the family could see it as they have not been there since it’s been redone.

DisneyFeb2014338_zpse81f8df8.jpg

DisneyFeb2014341_zpsf77576f4.jpg

DisneyFeb2014343_zps125e673b.jpg

DisneyFeb2014351_zpsc692efdd.jpg

DisneyFeb2014352_zps15017fc0.jpg

DisneyFeb2014355_zps04e28a60.jpg

DisneyFeb2014365_zps58253b20.jpg

Yay, Carl smiles!!!!!!!!!! Wooo

DisneyFeb2014361_zps6186252d.jpg

Now don't close your eyes,
And don't try to hide.
Or a silly spook may sit by your side.
Shrouded in a daft disguise,
They pretend to terrorize.
Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize.
As the moon climbs high o'er the dead oak tree,
Spooks arrive for the midnight spree.
Creepy creeps with eerie eyes,
Start to shriek and harmonize.
Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize.
When you hear the knell of a requiem bell,
Weird glows gleam where spirits dwell.
Restless bones etherialize,
Rise as spooks of every size.
If you would like to join our jamboree,
There's a simple rule that's compulsory.
Mortals pay a token fee.
Rest in peace, the haunting's free.
So hurry back, we would like your company.

Took this of Gramma and her grandkids after we rode HM.

DisneyFeb2014364_zps2c9aaf9d.jpg

Next we headed this way:

DisneyFeb2014367_zpsa89494fc.jpg

We went over to BTMRR. The Gramma didn’t ride so we found her a seat and dropped all of our stuff off with her. It took me many years to finally ride big thunder but I love it…even though I nearly fell out of it last year. I’m glad that we had a FP for BTMRR…it made it a walk on…or a “run” on because peeps move through the line so dang fast!

From there, it was Country Bears for us. If you could have seen my nephew’s face. I think it freaked him out.

DisneyFeb2014372_zps1f35b41c.jpg

“Howdy folks. Welcome to the one and only original Country Bear Jamboree, featuring a bit of Americana, our musical heritage of the past. But enough of this chit chat, yick yack, and flim flam. Just refrain from hibernating, and we'll all enjoy the show...because we got a lot to give.”

DisneyFeb2014400_zps506964b2.jpg

DisneyFeb2014401_zps22a57920.jpg

We went to the Shootin’ Arcade next. I have not been there in forever. My sister and I were playing checkers but I was losing big time so I let someone else finish the game for me. LOL

DisneyFeb2014415_zps28e9b2ee.jpg

DisneyFeb2014416_zps65ec6ff1.jpg

DisneyFeb2014421_zpsd564b236.jpg

By this time it was about 1 p.m. and we had lunch reservations at LTT at 1:40.

DisneyFeb2014425_zpsb959f980.jpg

Joe and I discovered lunch there a few years with our friends, Stefy and Dave. It’s now a must do on our list. This year we were meeting Amanda (Synndy) and her son Brodie for lunch. I couldn’t wait to see them again.

I tried to check us in a few minutes early but they said that we had to come back 10 minutes before our scheduled ADR. We met our friends and chatted outside for a while. Brodie entertained us a bit as well.

DisneyFeb2014427_zps30d7d669.jpg

DisneyFeb2014438_zps408ce0ab.jpg

DisneyFeb2014473_zps2ec1aa36.jpg

DisneyFeb2014474_zps0bee25c1.jpg

DisneyFeb2014480_zpsab3e28be.jpg

Joe and Brodie had a bit of fun together as well.

DisneyFeb2014487_zpsdf9b8c42.jpg

Hey, check out his impression of Popeye! Outstanding!!!

DisneyFeb2014489_zpsfd90a37d.jpg

I checked us in and got our beeper. We were seated soon. I had the pilgrim’s feast, which I get every time we go there. I can’t help it…it’s scrumptious. I had read on line that the ooey gooey was not on the desert menu and was incredibly bummed, more like pi**ed off to be honest. Imagine how thrilled I was when we got there and I saw that it was on the menu! Dang that stuff is great!!!!

Cake Bottom

Serves: 5-6

Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min

Ingredients1 box yellow cake mix

1 large egg
1 stick butter (softened)

Instructions
1. Mix ingredients.
2. Spread mixture evenly in greased baking pan.

Cake Top

Serves: 5-6

Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 50 min

Ingredients

8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/4 cup butter
1 pound powdered sugar (sifted)
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup Heath Bar pieces

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix cream cheese until smooth.
3. Slowly add eggs and vanilla.
4. Add butter and mix well.
5. Add powdered sugar, slowly.
6. Add chocolate chips and toffee pieces.
7. Mix until ingredients are all just incorporated evenly — do not overmix!
8. Put on top of Cake Bottom ingredients in pan. (Usually a large muffin pan can work well for this.)
9. Bake for 35 minutes. Inside should just be slightly gooey, but not liquid.

Baby bean needs to be arrested along with the rest of Jenns kids. They stole pieces of my heart.

Ok, that was cheesy but whatever.

Brodie pics are my favorite. Love my little Popeye.

Also I want ooey gooey right now.

Baby bean needs to be arrested along with the rest of Jenns kids. They stole pieces of my heart.

Ok, that was cheesy but whatever.

Brodie pics are my favorite. Love my little Popeye.

Also I want ooey gooey right now.

OMG, I know. Her kids are gorgeous. All three of them. :flower3:

I love the Popeye face. Cute! You will see that my TR will have quite a few Brodie pics in it. ::yes:: Glad you guys were able to spend so much time with us. I missed Jenn BIG TIME after she left. Did not have enough time with her at all.

I included the recipe for ooey gooey....just sayin' :scratchin

OMG, I know. Her kids are gorgeous. All three of them. :flower3: I love the Popeye face. Cute! You will see that my TR will have quite a few Brodie pics in it. ::yes:: Glad you guys were able to spend so much time with us. I missed Jenn BIG TIME after she left. Did not have enough time with her at all. I included the recipe for ooey gooey....just sayin' :scratchin

HI! I'm here finally! I saw that you started but couldn't sub for some reason! I HATED how little time we had together, it gave me anxiety. I was so thrilled for you. All to meet bean too! And oh my god, I have an identical pic of jack the same age as Brodie with joe! So funny! And how time flies!

I was unfortunately not a huge fan of rose and crowns food or service. I'll try it again in a couple years though!

I was shocked that the morning show started early too.. Pissed actually. I'm not mad about Starbucks though. Man was I . Happy to have some real coffee there!

Amanda, I'm so glad we got to see you and meet your little man! Bob just adored him, as did the rest of us. He's a sweetheart and wild man, reminded me so much of baby jack!

I hated leaving you at mk that morning... Not enough time..must plan trip together next year... At least 6 days together..idk why 6, just seems like a good number lol

HI! I'm here finally! I saw that you started but couldn't sub for some reason! I HATED how little time we had together, it gave me anxiety. I was so thrilled for you. All to meet bean too! And oh my god, I have an identical pic of jack the same age as Brodie with joe! So funny! And how time flies!

I was unfortunately not a huge fan of rose and crowns food or service. I'll try it again in a couple years though!

I was shocked that the morning show started early too.. Pissed actually. I'm not mad about Starbucks though. Man was I . Happy to have some real coffee there!

Amanda, I'm so glad we got to see you and meet your little man! Bob just adored him, as did the rest of us. He's a sweetheart and wild man, reminded me so much of baby jack!

I hated leaving you at mk that morning... Not enough time..must plan trip together next year... At least 6 days together..idk why 6, just seems like a good number lol

Taking a lunch hour today and thought I would do an update. So glad that you are here!!!!

For some reason, Joe and I like Rose and Crown. :confused3

Hopefully we can coordinate some time together next trip. :)

I still think seeing Starbucks on Main St. looks odd. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!