Hey Disboards! Remember me? :) Update! 8/30

BigAlsGal

DIS Veteran
I’ve been busy! I’ve made my dreams come true and I got my job at Disney! My family and I relocated to the area. Only one job in hand and living in our camper with 2 of our 3 kids a dog and 1 of our 3 cats. We’ve been here about a month and my DH got a job as a teacher, our house up north sold, and we made an offer on a house here that was accepted! If you guys remember I went for the bus driver job and guess what I did for the first time today? I drove a Disney bus around property! :jumping3::Pinkbounc:woohoo:party:

DH is currently up north tying up loose ends and picking up our 3rd kid who wanted to finish out the summer at grandmas. Getting them enrolled here and school starts in just a few days. Whew! It’s been like a whirlwind but we’re almost to the point we can settle in. I’m so happy. Being a part of this is all I’ve wanted and now here I am. Live your dreams friends.

Wow. When you have time, you must give more details. It sounds amazing that all the pieces fell into place so well.

Yeah. It really was a leap of faith. It’s not super easy to find a place to live without the income lined up so the camper was really, the only way we could do it. Luckily DH scored a job fairly quickly so we were able to look for a more permanent living situation. All I can say is we really wanted it. We were going to make it work. The kids have been enjoying themselves. It’s really been great so far. Hoping the positive momentum continues. :)

For sure I remember you Bigalsgal. Congratulations on both your new jobs. Come back soon, and tell us more about Disney bus driving.

WOW--tht was a huge leap of faith to make that move with only one, low paying, job and three kids to support. How fortunate that your DH found work so quickly and you'll be able to get the kids settled into a real home soon. Hopefully you can get them into the right school district from the start of the school year so they will not need to make more changes. Good luck on the house purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!