***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

I've heard the Hair Salon at the Grand Floridian will do princess style updos that do pull the hair back tight. I know its not quite the same experience, but a lot more comfortable. Might be something to look in to for the next trip?​
Thank you!!!I'll definitely try that next year!!

Ahhhh!! It’s finally here. I feel like I’ve been planning for AGES. Our flight is tomorrow at 6am. Just finishing packing today and good to go!!

This will be the first time we are staying in Beach Club Villas and so excited to be just steps away from Epcot since we’re doing F&W Festival two days. And can’t wait to experience FOP!

Thank you to everyone on this thread - it’s been such a pleasure and it’s really added to the excitement of planning the trip! :hyper:

Still sitting here at work and got my text that the room is ready :rotfl:

That is hilarious!!!!

I just drove through a snowstorm to get to Denver. Arrived safely and am checked into preflight hotel, got a wonderful surprise they had upgraded me to a corner executive room (super big and super nice) along with a plate of cheese, crackers and strawberries and a bottle of wine!!! (I stay at this hotel frequently for business) but was super nice of them! Glad trip is starting off on a good note. Tomorrow morning to the airport and then MICKEY here I come!!!!

Great start to trip, flight left on time, no wait at ME bus, enjoyed volcano pool at Poly despite the chill and no wait for our table at Ohana! Did Garden Grill breakfast and DH, mom and DS were first in Soarin line. Waiting with baby because living with land not open yet. Hoping they don't forget my rider switch pass, the hordes just swept past!

I'm leaving work today around lunch to start my drive there, wife and daughter are flying in tomorrow.

I plan on doing no work today...and time crawls by for the next 4 hours. :hourglass

OMG!! I realized how much I hate driving through Chattanooga. Have an alternate route to get around Knoxville but I forgot about Chattanooga!! Traffic was horrible.

But just keep telling myself tomorrow afternoon I will be at Disney... it’s all worth it!! Staying in Marietta tonight, hitting Atlanta early and should be at WDW by around 1.

Anybody having any luck getting FastPasses for FOP last minute? I'm staying off property (10/28-11/4) so I have had no luck :(

Everyone refused to get up this morning after getting back to resort at 10 last night, so Pandora opened at 8 but I'm in my first line at 9:30....at Starbucks.

Been at WDW since about 145. Room was ready by 2. Staying at Music for one night then to BLT tomorrow for 5.

Room is comfortable and clean. No issues to report so far. Got Lyft to bring me to the Beach Club for a Beaches and Cream ressie. I am starving. Not ate since 645 this morning.

Tired...even though I broke this trip up, the drive wears me out every time.

OMG!! I realized how much I hate driving through Chattanooga. Have an alternate route to get around Knoxville but I forgot about Chattanooga!! Traffic was horrible.

But just keep telling myself tomorrow afternoon I will be at Disney... it’s all worth it!! Staying in Marietta tonight, hitting Atlanta early and should be at WDW by around 1.

Chattanooga was horrible for us too. Got delayed two hours due to construction and accidents. Grateful we weren't in an accident though.

I think next time we will fly or go through birmingham.

So, who packed rain jackets and ponchos only to leave them in the room on the day it actually poured? This gal! Lucky it was end of our night anyway at least! Also, as I was getting of Flight of Passage, the guy next to me said "That was the greatest thing I've ever done." He's not wrong, y'all. It was so amazing.

We are wrapping up our short trip and tomorrow we fly home. The weather has been a little cool for swimming but absolutely great for touring the parks. We had a little rain tonight but we were prepared. Flight of Passage had technical difficulties during our fp time slot and they not only gave us a fp for any ride at AK that night but a fp for Na'Vi, too. It was a nice bonus. It took us about an hour to ride FoP with a fp while standby had a 250 minute wait.

So, who packed rain jackets and ponchos only to leave them in the room on the day it actually poured? This gal! Lucky it was end of our night anyway at least! Also, as I was getting of Flight of Passage, the guy next to me said "That was the greatest thing I've ever done." He's not wrong, y'all. It was so amazing.
Luckily, we had come back to the room for naps and I checked the weather before heading out tonight. :) But I forgot the rain gear on our one day of our trip last December and we got drenched at MK.

We are wrapping up our short trip and tomorrow we fly home. The weather has been a little cool for swimming but absolutely great for touring the parks. We had a little rain tonight but we were prepared. Flight of Passage had technical difficulties during our fp time slot and they not only gave us a fp for any ride at AK that night but a fp for Na'Vi, too. It was a nice bonus. It took us about an hour to ride FoP with a fp while standby had a 250 minute wait.

Luckily, we had come back to the room for naps and I checked the weather before heading out tonight. :) But I forgot the rain gear on our one day of our trip last December and we got drenched at MK.

That was my plan too but we decided to stay instead of going back to our room! We were in that FP line too, but I think we were closer to 45 minutes to finish riding. Riding Navi when I thought we wouldn't get on it was such a nice bonus, and my little one who had been left out of EE, Dinosaur and FoP really loved it. He kept saying ooh! And dancing to the music at the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!