***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

I've heard they are having issues with the promo being fully loaded. Keep checking back!
My TA just emailed and said the systems are down.. My thought was "Again???" Seems that always happens the day discounts come out.. lol

Last night while watching Toy Story my daughter remembered that she did not meet Jessie at Disney World last time, but she met green army men, Woody, and Buzz. She was very disappointed and insisted that we have to meet her next time we go.

Do we have any hope of finding Jessie while we are there, I thought I read she will show up some. We will be there for MNSSHP, although I don't remember seeing her there last time we went.
I have seen Jessie and Woody together at the area by Splash Mountain. There is a good website out there with all the character locations but I don't know if I am allowed to post other website's info. If you search online I am sure you can find his site.

I have seen Jessie and Woody together at the area by Splash Mountain. There is a good website out there with all the character locations but I don't know if I am allowed to post other website's info. If you search online I am sure you can find his site.

The other website I checked :sail: said she no longer meets, I think that was as of some time in 2016 she stopped being a regular. :eeyore:

Where are all the double digit dancers???:banana::banana::banana:

I'm almost there so we've got to have a ton of you by now! :jumping1:

You prompted me to check my MDE account. We are at 100 days today. ;)

Has anyone gone to MK the Sunday before Halloween?

I would really love to know what the crowd level is like. I'm thinking about rearranging my trip, but going to the MK on a weekend makes me nervous. However, this is a party night so I know it will be less busy than a normal Sunday. I'd love some feedback for those with experience.

Thank for the help!

We almost always go to MK on a Sunday morning because it usually isn't crowded until later in the day. Party days are usually less crowded, too, because the park closes early. I think you are safe. ;)

Well, real life took me away from Disney planning for a bit, but I'm really starting to get into it again! We're at 104 days and counting--and our first three-generation trip will now also celebrate my mom's vanquishing of cancer and my dad's recovery from spinal surgery! (Whew.)

Anyone going to be at the MNSSHP on Halloween itself? We have tickets and I'm very excited...just have a few qualms about the crowds.

I was able to get the promo applied to my basic package at 7:15am with minimal wait. The CM said not available on a RO (the website shows it, but won't let me book). Good thing I am persistent.

I was able to get the promo applied to my basic package at 7:15am with minimal wait. The CM said not available on a RO (the website shows it, but won't let me book). Good thing I am persistent.

Where are you staying? I didn't expect one and there isn't any for Polynesian.

Where are you staying? I didn't expect one and there isn't any for Polynesian.
Grand Floridian! Based on size and price I usually see it stay open under some of the promos. I am on the phone now after 45 minutes getting it rebooked as Room Only, very helpful CM.

A little tip, try selecting the RO offer, picking your dates (even if they fall outside of the window, you will still get a lower price for valid nights) and do not select a resort. It shows you what is ACTUALLY open. The phone CM can book even tho the site is glitching! I haven't seen any Poly (much smaller now with DVC) but I see almost all the values, Yacht and Beach, Grand Flo, SS, etc for my date range this way.

Still hoping for an AP discount, but I can rest easy that I have the whole resort under 1 number and its RO.

72 days to go for us!!! Very exciting.

Still have a couple of things to sort before FP opens - well hopefully. We are trying to decide between the SWDP or the SW tour. We are all SW fans, but as I have never been to DW before, I don't know if the tour is a sensible use of time to see all the SW things, or if we would be better of doing it ourselves.
Once we have that sorted, we can book our Halloween party tickets.

I think the next 10 weeks are going to zoom!

72 days to go for us!!! Very exciting.

Still have a couple of things to sort before FP opens - well hopefully. We are trying to decide between the SWDP or the SW tour. We are all SW fans, but as I have never been to DW before, I don't know if the tour is a sensible use of time to see all the SW things, or if we would be better of doing it ourselves.
Once we have that sorted, we can book our Halloween party tickets.

I think the next 10 weeks are going to zoom!
Check out the official Star Wars thread as there are many reviews of both. It is a long thread but has some great info.

I could only get 4 of my 7 days with the RO rate that came out yesterday. Nothing was available for my trip in December, except suites at the BC.

I spent over 2 hours on the phone trying to get the discount and being discounted 2 times, once in the middle of talking to the CM. Very frustrating with the system not working. Would only let me book a package, even though the Discount says Room only! But figured out too late I could just remove the tickets and it would only discount the room. I originally had the entire trip available for the Discount, but it was gone by the time I figured it out.

I guess something is better then nothing at all. Maybe there will be some AP rates that will help, but I seriously doubt it at this point. Looks like the resorts are pretty much booked up.

I'm now waiting for 9am to arrive and book my F&W events. Hoping to do the Mexican Tequila Tasting, the French Family Meal, the Italian Food and Wine Pairing and The Signature dining event at the Contemporary.

RIDE CLOSURES

2 more ride closures - Universe of Energy and Great Movie Ride will both be closing for good on 8/13/17.

Universe of Energy will become a Guardians of The Galaxy ride in the future.
Great Movie Ride will become Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway ride in the future. (looks cute :) )

First post has been updated.
:worried:

I could only get 4 of my 7 days with the RO rate that came out yesterday. Nothing was available for my trip in December, except suites at the BC.

I spent over 2 hours on the phone trying to get the discount and being discounted 2 times, once in the middle of talking to the CM. Very frustrating with the system not working. Would only let me book a package, even though the Discount says Room only! But figured out too late I could just remove the tickets and it would only discount the room. I originally had the entire trip available for the Discount, but it was gone by the time I figured it out.

I guess something is better then nothing at all. Maybe there will be some AP rates that will help, but I seriously doubt it at this point. Looks like the resorts are pretty much booked up.

I'm now waiting for 9am to arrive and book my F&W events. Hoping to do the Mexican Tequila Tasting, the French Family Meal, the Italian Food and Wine Pairing and The Signature dining event at the Contemporary.
Oh I am sorry! Its very frustrating when you see what you want to book and know you can, but the website just will not work. It was forcing me to have 2 day tickets for the room and so I needed to call. Are you on a room only now? I originally had it as a package (since that is all the CM would book in the am), but I am much happier with the RO since the inventory changes all the way up until the week of the actual trip! I have looked many times under an AP discount since they can be booked right until the day of travel (unlike general public) and eventually found the extra night I wanted or a different view. I usually rebook and cancel the original without penalty. The package would not have allowed me this luxury. I am only receiving the discount for 5 of my 7 nights, but something is better than nothing. Hoping an AP Rate comes through and saves me 35% vs 20%, but I will gladly take what I have now!

I would keep checking the inventory as it does fluctuate!

Oh I am sorry! Its very frustrating when you see what you want to book and know you can, but the website just will not work. It was forcing me to have 2 day tickets for the room and so I needed to call. Are you on a room only now? I originally had it as a package (since that is all the CM would book in the am), but I am much happier with the RO since the inventory changes all the way up until the week of the actual trip! I have looked many times under an AP discount since they can be booked right until the day of travel (unlike general public) and eventually found the extra night I wanted or a different view. I usually rebook and cancel the original without penalty. The package would not have allowed me this luxury. I am only receiving the discount for 5 of my 7 nights, but something is better than nothing. Hoping an AP Rate comes through and saves me 35% vs 20%, but I will gladly take what I have now!

I would keep checking the inventory as it does fluctuate!

I will keep checking. I still need to call back and have them modify the original reservation. I got disconnected before he could do that and it wont let me modify it online. :headache: Says my room type isnt available for those dates. Im not in too much of a hurry though, not with having to spend more time on the phone trying to book these events Only could get 3 of the 4 I wanted, so I will be back on hold on Thursday morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!