"Hey Look, It's a Goat!" Baby's 1st WDW Trip/Little Sister's Grad Trip! (6/12) *5/8*

Fun day!! Aria has no experience with straws, and I've given her a sippy cup once. Hmm maybe we should work on that! What did you do to keep her hydrated?

Glad ot hear feeding and such went so well. I can't believe how few bottles she's taking!! Aria JUST in the last week dropped a feeding, so she's down to 5/day. Plus oatmeal or cereal in the morning. I try to do a dinner too but we're still introducing foods.

Looking forward ot more!

Imagineer5 said:
Fun day!! Aria has no experience with straws, and I've given her a sippy cup once. Hmm maybe we should work on that! What did you do to keep her hydrated?

Glad ot hear feeding and such went so well. I can't believe how few bottles she's taking!! Aria JUST in the last week dropped a feeding, so she's down to 5/day. Plus oatmeal or cereal in the morning. I try to do a dinner too but we're still introducing foods.

Looking forward ot more!

With hydration, I offered her a sippy cup with water anytime we were drinking water. She usually drank some. Her pedi said that sounded like a good idea when I said that was my plan with the FL heat. She never drank a ton or anything, but always drank some. She likes water though (that's her only drink besides milk, we don't do juice).

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

With hydration, I offered her a sippy cup with water anytime we were drinking water. She usually drank some. Her pedi said that sounded like a good idea when I said that was my plan with the FL heat. She never drank a ton or anything, but always drank some. She likes water though (that's her only drink besides milk, we don't do juice).

OOk thanks. Sorry I'm stalking your TR with these silly questions! :goodvibes

Imagineer5 said:
Bumping for ya because I'm excited to read more! :goodvibes

I know, I know! It's been a CRAZY past week and a half (but hasn't it always?!?) DD's 1st birthday party is NEXT Saturday :O! You know how you always invite lots of people, thinking a lot aren't going to be able to make it? Well, we are going to ave about 50 people at our house... I mean, out house isn't tiny, but that's a lot of people y'all! Pray for good weather so we can have people out in the backyard too! So, of course, I've been busy busy planning for that (Minnie Mouse themed... Lots of pics to come, I'm sure!)

Also, last week, I went to the doctor, cause I had been feeling bad and turns out I had been sick for about 3 weeks. So, antibiotics for me (which also make me feel yuck, since it's a high dose, combo one, ugh). Then, DH has been in super study mode, since he took the second section of his CPA exam yesterday afternoon! Lots of random outings for DD and I in the evenings to give him extra study time! Plus, a long weekend trip for DD and I to Nashville last weekend so DH could have extended quiet study time to get everything in. ::Good vibes:: for a passing grade here in a couple weeks for his test!

Then, on top of all of that, Sunday night, when we got back from Nashville, DD came down with a stomach virus or a reaction to something she ate. It was awful. I felt so bad for my poor baby girl. It was a long night filled with lots of sheet changes, pajama changes, baths and pedialyte. Thankfully, it was short lived and she finally got to sleep after midnight.

So, it's been ridiculous in these parts, and now I'm packing for us to go camping this weekend in Arkansas! After the party next weekend, I'm taking a LONG nap!

Hopefully, while camping, I can get an update or two typed up! (we don't rough it too bad... I have A/C and always have my iPad :p)

I know, I know! It's been a CRAZY past week and a half (but hasn't it always?!?) DD's 1st birthday party is NEXT Saturday :O! You know how you always invite lots of people, thinking a lot aren't going to be able to make it? Well, we are going to ave about 50 people at our house... I mean, out house isn't tiny, but that's a lot of people y'all! Pray for good weather so we can have people out in the backyard too! So, of course, I've been busy busy planning for that (Minnie Mouse themed... Lots of pics to come, I'm sure!)

Also, last week, I went to the doctor, cause I had been feeling bad and turns out I had been sick for about 3 weeks. So, antibiotics for me (which also make me feel yuck, since it's a high dose, combo one, ugh). Then, DH has been in super study mode, since he took the second section of his CPA exam yesterday afternoon! Lots of random outings for DD and I in the evenings to give him extra study time! Plus, a long weekend trip for DD and I to Nashville last weekend so DH could have extended quiet study time to get everything in. ::Good vibes:: for a passing grade here in a couple weeks for his test!

Then, on top of all of that, Sunday night, when we got back from Nashville, DD came down with a stomach virus or a reaction to something she ate. It was awful. I felt so bad for my poor baby girl. It was a long night filled with lots of sheet changes, pajama changes, baths and pedialyte. Thankfully, it was short lived and she finally got to sleep after midnight.

So, it's been ridiculous in these parts, and now I'm packing for us to go camping this weekend in Arkansas! After the party next weekend, I'm taking a LONG nap!

Hopefully, while camping, I can get an update or two typed up! (we don't rough it too bad... I have A/C and always have my iPad :p)

I'm sorry you guys have been sick - it's the worst when your baby is sick and you can't do a whole lot for them - but I can't wait to see pictures from your DD's birthday party! The theme sounds perfect. :thumbsup2

ETA this was my 500th post! Lucky you. ;)

DHS Day! - Part 1

I've taken long enough, yes? During my DIS-break, we've had a birthday party and my sweet baby girl has turned ONE! I still can't believe it! (I'll save pictures of her Minnie Mouse party and of her actual birthday, when we went to the zoo, for another post). So, on to a real, live, actual UPDATE *shocking*!

(Disclaimer: With all the cleaning for the birthday party, I haven't a clue where I put my notebook from Disney, so hopefully my memory will serve me correctly! )

On Tuesday, we all go up early again and had breakfast in the condo. I was up before everyone, since that seemed to work best. Thankfully, I got some sleep this night! We were out the door a little quicker this morning though, and we're to the DHS gates by 8:40. They opened a little early and of course, mad dash to TSMM! DH grabbed us som FPs and then we headed down to ToT. DH doesn't do this one, so LS and I jumped in line (which was a walk on) and DH and DD hung out while DD took her morning nap.

When we came off ToT (which was crawling with 13 year old school groups, sigh), we found DH and DD and ducked into the nearby shops during a quick shower to see if there was anything we couldn't live without! And, the lone picture, from my phone, from DHS:

846ae378.jpg

Next, LS and I rode the new Star Tours and LOVED it! There was no wait, so that was great too! It had been awhile since breakfast, so it was snack time! We picked up a popcorn, a couple of waters and a lemonade. DD loves straws. And is very sneaky with them. She grabbed that lemonade and started sucking it down! She loved it! (She usually just has water and milk, well formula at that point).

We still had a little time before our FP's for TSMM, so we decided to head over to the GMR. Right as we got to the entrance, a CM asked us if we wanted to be his special stars of the day! We got a bit of Pixie Dust, went in the back entrance, skipped the 15 minute wait, and hopped right on the front row of a car! Plus, DD got a big roll of stickers (every 9mo's dream!). So that was a special moment for us!

We finally headed over to TSMM and rode with our FP's. Fun as always! Since I knew LS and I would be back that night, I went ahead and grabbed some more FP's for us, since the return time was 6:45. We looked through a few more shops and then headed towards the condo around 11:45 for lunch (PB&J or Turkey!).

DD and I stayed at the condo for naps and DH and LS headed back to DHS to see Lights, Motors, Action (DH's favorite!) Unfortunately, a storm came up and they only got to see half. Then, they went over to see Indiana Jones, and the same thing happened after the 1st scene :(. But, they still had a good time! They headed back to the condo and made it back RIGHT before the rain really started!

Next up, LS and I have a graduation celebration dinner out and a night at DHS!

I have sooo enjoyed reading!! Hannah is about precious!! I love her red hair. We are going in 2 weeks and my son is 11 months so I am sure my experience will be similar to yours. We also have a 4 year old. Can't wait to read more!

DHS Day - Part 2

I had this whole thing typed out, and accidentally deleted it. Dumb iPad! So, take 2!

LS and I had a 5:30 ADR for Kouzzina and so we headed over to the Boardwalk a little early to walk around and explore! DH and DD had Daddy/Daughter date at the condo

Isn't she so pretty!? I can't believe she is moving into college in Savannah TOMORROW!
eb3de2f5.jpg

Everything was SO good! We started with the trio of dips (hummus, whipped feta with peppers and touknuketa (sp?.. Too lazy to look it up... It was caviar based and delicious though!)) with fresh pita! We could have eaten 3 plates of this! I had the braised short ribs and LS had the tasting trio. I also had a glass of the Cat Cora Coronation Cabernet. It was all delicious! We stuffed ourselves so full, we even had to skip dessert (which is very rare for LS... She can always save room for dessert!)

After a yummy dinner, we headed over to DHS! First, we ran over and grabbed a FP for ToT. Then, we walked back to use our TSMM FP's that we had picked up that morning. Yay for planning! It was just as fun as earlier (and my score was definitely higher, since I wasn't holding a squirmy little one!) It was looking very rainy when we hopped in line for RnR. The line said 40 min and it was right at it, even in the single rider line! I hate waiting that long for anything, but it's one of LS's must do's so I was happy to do it! And it was fun as always too!

When we came out, it was pouring and we had to bust out the pretty ponchos. We threw them on long enough to get over to ToT to use our FP's there. It was fun again and one of our favorites. The rain had let up by the time we were done there and we decided that it was time for a scoop of ice cream (mint chocolate chip.. Yum!) and a couple of bottles of water. We walked around, taking in DHS at night while we ate that and then decided to call it a night around 9, even though the park didn't close until 10. We were tuckered out and had another early morning planned, this time at EPCOT!

It sounds like y'all had a great day at DHS, and how fun that you got to have some "sister time" with LS. I've heard mixed reviews about Kouzzina, but I think I could make a meal on the pita and dips alone!

YAY for updates! LOL on Hannah drinking lemonade from a straw so fast! Had she had it before? Haven't tried a straw with Aria! hmmm

DHS sounds like it was great, and what a fun evening out with your sister.

Can't wait for the Birthday party and zoo updates too!!!

Happy Birthday to Hannah! I love the picture of her with the ears on! Very cute!

Glad you and your LS got to enjoy some sister time together at DHS. Sounds like you had a good dinner and a fun evening. :)

EPCOT Day!

So yeah... I DO still exist! Lots of lurking lately! Got is one cranked out and maybe I can get another one out! So, here we go! :)

This was a day that I was really looking forward to. I love EPCOT. So much to see and explore! I got up at the usual time, around 6:30, got ready, then got the rest of the crew up around 7. We had some bagels for breakfast in the condo and we were at the gates at EPCOT by 8:45. Almost as soon as we got to the gates, they opened them!

Of course, I ran ahead to the Land and grabbed some FP's for Soarin'. DH, DD and LS followed behind and met me downstairs and we all rode LWTL together (and we were the first ones to ride it for the day!) DD loved it (of course, it was a boat!).

It rained while we were in The Land, but thankfully stopped by the time we came out. We headed over to see Nemo and Friends, and DD fell asleep on the walk over on her Daddy's shoulder! She slept all the way through Nemo, on the walk over to Spaceship Earth, and through the (5 minute) line! She did wake up for our 'journey through the history of communication' though!

65bdd67a.jpg
Hey look! We're in the future!

After "the big golf ball" it was finally time for Soarin'! Woo hoo! We did a rider swap, with DH and LS first, while DD and I had a snack time with some goldfish, and then LS and me!

fc4eb7c3.jpg
Mmmm! Snack time!

After our flight over California, it was World Showcase time... Yay! We started in Canada on a mission... FOOD! I didn't have anything scheduled this day and left it open for whatever counter service everyone wanted. First, LS and I decided to try out the Tangerine Cafe in Morocco. Yum! I had the Lamb Platter and LS had a Falafel Wrap. Mine was great! I liked her wrap pretty well too, but she wasn't a huge fan of it. In her words, "Just so you know, falafel is NOT a fluffy waffle!" :p

Next, we stopped in Germany where DH picked up a brat and a beer for his lunch. He enjoyed it for sure! On our quest for food, we also so a TON of characters (and stopped to snap a few pictures, though didn't stop in any lines).

DD was getting a bit sleepy by this point (as it was her usual nap time) and she ended up falling asleep in her stroller. We headed over to Norway and DH and LS rode Maelstrom while I hung out with this little nugget!

IMG_2306.jpg

And what do you do when you are with the sleeping babe and others are off having fun? You make your own fun... And get one of these babies!

1c81e2da.jpg

I would have loved to have gone in and tried a margarita from La Cava, but I didn't want to risk waking Hannah up by taking her inside! But the Fiesta Margarita worked just fine :)

While sipping my tasty drink, I took a few pictures of the World Showcase:

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

IMG_2308.jpg

Once DH and LS finished sprinting through the Norway video room (so they wouldn't get caught and have to WATCH the movie, haha!), we decided it was snack time! And, more importantly, slushie time! I had literally been dreaming of the Grey Goose Limon Citron slushes in France since I was pregnant. It was a good, good moment. We also picked up an apple tart (me), a cream puff (DH) and an almond triangle (LS). They were all tres bon!

The sky started getting pretty dark as we were finishing our treats, so we decided we should probably head to the car, even though we really wanted to stay a little longer. DH and I *hoped* to be back to EPCOT later this night after our dinner at Cali Grill anyhow, so it was ok (ooooh, he foreshadowing... ). Thankfully, we made it to the car right as the bottom absolutely fell out! We hated to be leaving, but I'm pretty sure we would have hated to have been soaked and at the very back of the park too!

Up next... The date night/anniversary celebration that just wasn't meant to be :(

I'm not even looking forward to writing this. Ugh! I was SO looking forward to this night! And I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

DH and my's anniversary is May 13th. Our trip was just a couple weeks later, so we put off going out to celebrate and made a reservation for this night at California Grill! LS was all about babysitting DD for the evening so DH and I could have a nice dinner, then maybe head over to EPCOT to catch Illuminations or just stroll around the World Showcase without a stroller for a little bit!

When we got back from EPCOT that afternoon, we all just stayed in and rested, since the rain kept coming. DH and I got ready to go, since our ADR was for 5:30. We set LS up with DD's dinner, toys and all the necessities. DD was a little fussy and we had been dealing with some separation anxiety over the past few weeks. As we headed for the door, DD's meltdown began. We assured LS that after a few minutes, she would calm down, specially once she got some dinner, favorite toys, etc. We headed on towards the Contemporary and promised to check in.

We got to the Contemporary about 5:25 (thankfully, because it was rainy and gross) got checked in and went upstairs almost immediately. We took a seat in the bar to wait and I texted Cindy to check in, assuming I would hear everything was fine. Negative. Hannah had been crying the whole time we had been gone. I gave her a few suggestions and told her I'd call her in a little bit to check again, once we were seated.

We were seated pretty quickly, and had a good view of MK (or it would have been if it wasn't rainy). I had put on our ADR that we were celebrating our anniversary, but our waitress didn't say anything about it, nor did she even ask. :(

At this point, I called Cindy and SHE was in tears along with Hannah. Hannah was upset, couldn't get calmed down, didn't want to eat her dinner, and Cindy was upset because she just didn't know what to do to get her calmed down. And, then I started tearing up at the table. Feeling like an awful mom and sister for putting them both in a rough situation.

We ordered a glass of wine (for me), a Spicy Kazan Roll and the Korean Chicken Flatbread. The waitress was still one of the worst we had in Disney, unattentive, wouldn't bring us the check (even when we told her we needed to get back home to our child). The food was good. Just wish I could have had more than an appetizer.

We finally got back to the condo and got everyone calmed down. DH went out to the store and bought us some dessert, since dinner was such a roaring success (hello sarcasm). So, all in all, the night really sucked. We didn't get dinner, we didn't get to spend more than an hour alone together, we never got to go back to EPCOT, and never got to see a firework (not a one). And while I know it totally shouldn't, it still makes me upset. I guess because it's the one thing I actually had planned for myself, and it's the one thing that was such a failure. Such is the life of a mom I suppose.

There's always next time I guess.

Next, our rest day! And we definitely needed it!

YAY for an update!

So sorry to read about your anniversary dinner! WOW that sounds familiar, MINUS a sister telling us she had been crying unconsolably. I have no idea if our KNO babysitter was lying to us saying Aria settled down, and I hate the thought of her crying the whole time we were out. I'm sorry you had to go through that too, makes even wanting to go out difficult! :goodvibes

And to top it off, California Grill was ALSO a disappointment for us, but for different reasons. Our server was decent at least, that's terrible you were treated so roughly on top of feeling bad about leaving her.

Nice EPCOT morning though, very nice you didn't have a lunch ADR planned and was able to just snack around the world!

June 7 - Rest Day (well, kinda!)

SURPRISE! I'm still alive! :rotfl2: Apparently, having a toddler (and a crazy active one at that) keeps you really busy and doesn't leave you much time for being online or really doing anything. Who knew?!? Hahaha!

Anyhow, where were we? (I totally had to go back and look!) Oh yeah... We had the awful, terrible, very bad, no good night. Yeah... So, we were pretty glad that the next day was our "rest day. By rest, we just weren't going to any parks. But, that didn't mean we weren't doing anything all day! (That would drive me nuts!)

We slept in until DD woke up at 7:15 (haha!) and woke up to thunderstorms and were immediately glad it wasn't a park day! DD had a good morning nap while DH and I lounged around. Once LS woke up at 11am, we had some lunch in the condo, and then loaded up in the car to go,see what we could see!

First, we headed over to drive around Celebration, since none of us had ever been over there. DD napped a little more while we were over there. Then, we headed over to one of the Flea Markets on 192, to see what kind of stuff we could find, but there was nothing we couldn't live without.

Next, we headed over to DTD. This was also a first for all of us. It was a bit rainy while we were there, so it kept the crowds down a bit for us. We stopped in WoD, Team Mickey, the Christmas Shop, Mickey's Pantry, Pin Traders and Trend-D. DH bought a t-shirt, LS bought a polo for her dad, a monorail tshirt for herself and a long sleeve shirt from Trend-D. And I bought a Fort Wilderness pin from Pin Traders for DH.

DD napped in the car on the way back to the condo but woke up and played for a bit when we got back. Thankfully, she laid down and took an hour nap though and was ready to go for our 5:15 ADR at Kona Cafe!

It was POURING down rain when we got there so DH dropped us off and we went in and attempted some pictures...

IMG_2314.jpg
Yeah, not feeling it.

IMG_2317.jpg
"Mom, don't leave me!"

IMG_2319.jpg
Hannah and her "LaLa"

Our food was delicious and service was, eh. LS and I shared the Sticky Wings. I had the Pan Asian noodles with shrimp and an Island McCaw drink (yum!). LS had the Coconut Almond chicken and a Kona Kone for dessert. DH did the pick 3 and had Pot Stickers, Pan Asian noodles with Chicken and Panna Cotta.

DD was really good through this meal. I took her food with us and fed her there. (So weird to think of her eating baby food now! Just about 2 weeks after we got back from this trip, she went to all table food, all the time and eating whatever we were eating, so it has been a long while since baby food!) She got a hold of a lemon from a drink and LOVED it!

After dinner, we hopped on the monorail and went over to the Grand Floridian. We went in Basin and in their gift shop. Then, we sat down and listened to the band playing for a little bit. But, DD was getting tired, so, with the rain still coming down, it was time to head back to the condo and get some rest.

It was a pretty good rest day, even if we didn't get all that much rest!

Next up, an early morning to have breakfast with Donald and friends at the Animal Kingdom!

Posting that last update and having those couple of pictures in there, made me realize how little Hannah was then! Of course, she was just 9 months old then, and as of today, she is 17 months!

So anyways, I thought I'd share a few pictures of the little one from the past few weeks! :)

image.jpg
Cheeeese!

image-1.jpg
Who me? I'm not doing anything sneaky... Promise!

image-2.jpg
Haning out with Mommy

image-3.jpg
Having fun at a recent Mickey Mouse birthday party of one of her friends!

image-4.jpg
Little ham!

Leslieann1024 said:
Hey you ! Any updates coming, or maybe "life got in the way" lol, as it does for quite a few of us !

I know, I know! *slacker* I came across my trip book the other day and was thinking ' I sure do need to get another update done'. And then we see how far I got with that. Smh. But, at least I know where it is now! Haha!

You are right thou, life has gotten in the way a bit. Had a big push for my DH in his last CPA exam, which he passes (YAY!!!). So, if we can just get through tax season, we'll have lives again! And, he's officially (well, minus the official license from the state, but whatever, I don't care, hah!) a CPA. Woo Hoo!

But, maybe I cane crank an update or two out in the next few days! That's on the to-do list! Mostly, if I can finish before we hit the 1year mark of the trip, I'm gonna call it a success at this point! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter