"Hey Look, It's a Goat!" Baby's 1st WDW Trip/Little Sister's Grad Trip! (6/12) *5/8*

Animal Kingdom -Friday, June 8

Y'all... I suck at TRs!

Do we realize that it's almost mid-May 2013, my DD is 20 months old, and when we took this trip, it was June 2012, and she was 9months old? SMH!

So, at this point, I don't know where my journal of notes is from the trip. I'm going to try real hard to remember what we did. We'll see how that goes, haha!

I DO know that this morning was Friday, June 8th, and we were headed to Animal Kingdom for, what, I believe, was an 8:20 ADR at Tusker House. I was really excited about this, because it was the first real interaction DD would have with characters! (Standing in character lines just didn't appeal to me with the little one!)

We got up and did our usual shower/get ready routine in the condo, just a bit earlier than usual. I was a little worried that DD would be cranky for breakfast before we got there, but she actually did great!

We parked in AK, got through the gates and made our way back to Africa, where we waited. Ugh! I know it wasn't that long, but it seems like a long time when you have to leave your stroller and carry your hungry LO around in a slow line!

Waiting for Donald!

With Daddy!

Meeting Donald (DD was more excited about meeting Donald!)

We finally got seated and had some delicious juice! I ran up and got DD some oatmeal and fruit, then DH and LS got their plates while I got DD going on her breakfast.

Getting ready to chow down on some mealie pop!

Of course, before I could get back up for some food, this guy came by to see us!

The big cheese himself!

I couldn't tell you what all we had, but I remember it was all very tasty. So, that's a plus! After I got some food, the rest of the characters came by one after another! (we were pretty close to where the came out, I believe.)

Kisses from Daisy!

Daisy liked DH's shirt

Hugs for Goofy!

After breakfast, it was time to head over to the safari. We were done after park opening, which I was a little bummed about, but, gotta get used to that with little ones! We weren't too far behind though! It was only maybe a 20 minute posted wait? So, we hopped in line!

The girls, ready for a safari!

Aaaand, no safari for this little princess!

Yeah, DD made it about 10 steps into the line before she passed out on her daddy's shoulder. And the poor thing slept through the ENTIRE safari. So, don't worry about it being a bumpy ride. It apparently doesn't wake sleeping children!

Next, we headed towards Asia. LS and I had one thing on our minds, and that was EE! But on our way, we ran into this lovely lady!

Divine! We FINALLY saw her!

We were pretty excited. We had all been talking about trying to find her since the last time we were there in '09. So it was fun to find her!

Now, here is where I get a little off without my journal. DH has NO desire to EVER ride EE again. So, I'm pretty sure that he took our tickets (and DD) to go pick up FP's for Kali River Rapids while LS and I jumped in the standby line for EE! It wasn't too bad of a line and within 30 minutes, we were being chased by that darn Yeti!

By the time we got off, we called DH, since we didn't see him and DD. It turns out, they had a little bit of drama... Our Cinderella had lost one of her slippers! Her cute little Minnie Mouse flip flop had fallen off *somewhere* in Asia! We kept our eye out for it, but decided to check in with the park lost and found later on.

After a little searching, it was time for some Kali! We grabbed a Rider Swap and DH and LS rode first while DD and I stood on the bridge at the exit and watched for them. We did our Rider Swap and I rode with LS (and we got fairly wet, but not too bad). That was actually my first time riding that ride. Somehow, I've always missed it! It was fun, but it needs another couple minutes added on!

After a diaper change, we contemplated getting some lunch in the park, but there were some very dark clouds rolling in, and some rumbles of thunder in the distance. We decided to head on back to the car and go to the condo for lunch. Turned out to be a good idea, because a good storm rolled through as we got back to the condo a few minutes later!

From what I remember, LS and I had planned on going back to AK later that afternoon, but she didn't really feel very well, so I think we just hung out a the condo. I was a little disappointed, but she needed the rest. DD got a really good nap though!

We had some dinner in the condo (I think we did pizza that night). We were hoping to go over to Winter Summerland and play some mini-golf that night, but the rain just didn't really let up enough!

We did, however, head over to Ft. Wilderness to show LS around. DH and I love the Fort and hope to go back in 2014. We checked out the Meadows and then the rain started up good again, so we went to get some ice cream at Baskin Robbins.

After that, we were all getting worn out from all the rain, and decided it was time to go back to the condo and get ready for our last day in the parks :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter