Hey Mickey You're So Fine but Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Updated 1/7 Day 7 the end

Looks like a nice time at Hollywood Studios! Great spot for Fantasmic. Loving all the pictures!

We had fun that night. The spot for Fantasmic could only have been better if I was closer. I was happy there, great view.

Thanks I love sharing the pictures. More will be coming. I'm working on the Day 3 updates but with the grandkids starting school soon and the summer getting away from me I need to help them get some projects done.

Great update and pics.

The TOT pic made me laugh. Looks like the kid in the front row punched the lady behind him.

I'm with you on DHS, it is not my favorite I could skip it, but I love Fantasmic.

I do love Star Tours and Fantasmic. Other than that I go but for a small time.

Great update and pics.

The TOT pic made me laugh. Looks like the kid in the front row punched the lady behind him.

Thanks. I didn't even notice that but it does. :lmao:

Sorry I have really been absent over here. Just took a long break to enjoy my last few weeks of summer.

I hope to update in the next day or two.

Sorry this has taken so long but I took a long break from the DIS. I needed to do some things in my life and found my visits here to be time consuming. I spent most of the last couple of months organizing over 62,000 pictures. It was a pleasant trip down memory lane seeing my children as little ones and looking at how much my grandchildren have changed.

BUT since I have my cruise coming up I thought I should get back here and finish up this report. I promise I will try and get to all the TR’s I was following also. This will be a bit of a marathon finish as I plan to finish this TR quite quickly.

And now on with the show.

Day 3 Part 1
This started out as an early day due to an 8:20 am ADR. While Kristel got ready I headed down to Mara for some Iced Tea and pictures.
I loved this little waterfall as you exited the building

The fire pit although we never really made use of it

Have to get natural wildlife

Liked the little facts they had around the resort

A wonderful smelling flower. I don’t know what kind but it was truly a pleasure breathing in the scent in the area. And this comes from someone who is allergic to many flowers.

The only animals I saw – ostriches in the distance

Some of the lobby area

And old cameras on display. I loved this display

A light fixture in the hallway.

I even liked the carpet

I had some time on my hands as you can tell. I joke that Kristel is high maintenance and I’m not. I seriously am up, showered, dressed and out the door in 15 minutes. She takes a bit longer. She was ready when I wandered back to the room so we were off.

continued

Like I said a marathon of updates

Day 3 Part 2

Our destination park was the Magic Kingdom. My photo data time stamp has us in the Magic Kingdom at 8:02 AM so we made some good time. Of course I had to take pictures. Seriously an almost empty park, I have to take advantage of that.

Heading up Main Street

Probably one of the best pics ever – the Partners Statue and not a person in sight

Kristel taking a picture

And one of the HUB statues – Dumbo

Our destination – the Crystal Palace. This was Kristel’s birthday trip so her choice. I was happy I like it there.
Pooh came around first

Then Tigger

Piglet

Kristel got a birthday card

My favorite – Eeyore

And Pooh again. The look on my face was from Tigger butt checking me to get by. I do not like this picture just because I do not look good sideways. But it was fun.

No food pics but we ate our fill. I LOVE the Puffed French Toast. The waitress was a bit slow according to my notes, which was annoying to me. I like my OJ refilled when it’s empty. I did have a pot of coffee so at least I had caffeine. The total here was $53 plus tip. Kristel treated this time. We did manage to eat and get pictures in less than an hour so I guess it wasn’t that bad of a wait. I just get antsy.

After breakfast we headed through the castle and I got some pictures of the murals

They are so pretty and often over looked by people just rushing past them to get somewhere. I had to dodge those people for the pictures but was glad I took the time.

Stopping here for the next update.

Day 3 Part 3

We made it through the castle and headed over to the Fantasyland Expansion.

When we were last at Disney together the area was just starting to have soft openings and she didn’t have time to get there. We had a FP+ for Under the Sea. On the way we stopped to look at the Seven Dwarves Mine Train.

It was running empty cars. Then we went by Gaston’s Tavern but no LeFou Brew.

And finally Under the Sea. I wished at the time that she could have seen the queue for all the little details.

This was new for me

My grandfather was a wood carver so I enjoyed looking around.

Stopped by the Mine Train again

And an empty train

The sign made me a little sad I was leaving a few days before that date. There were cast members outside the entrance turning people away. I was polite and chatted with one of them. He gave me hope for a soft opening.

And I will stop here

Day 3 Part 4

We headed to my favorite ride in the park, I know I hear the groans, but it makes me happy.

Not a great pic as I spotted it late, but a Hidden Mickey

And the penguins for my granddaughter

And the ride was over.

We both needed a bio break so we stopped at the Rapunzel bathroom. Don’t know what else to call it but I really like the artwork

Yes I take pictures of bathrooms. Just the walls or floors though, never any people. I also got the tower

We headed to another favorite. The last time I rode Haunted Mansion with Kristel was not pleasant. Not because of her or the ride but a CM. I had severely injured my ankle 10 days before that trip and was in a boot and ordered to limit my walking. The CM – George – a name I will never forget, got into a huge argument with Kristel. She wanted me to park right at the exit as I had done previously and he got an attitude. She reported him, she was that angry. Thankfully this trip was better.

A little dark but the Hidden Donald chair. We stopped here for a few seconds which helped.

A ghost blowing out his birthday candles

And legs under the table

We wandered over to Splash Mountain but there was a 45 minute wait. I suggested checking out BTMRR but she said no to that one. I got banged around my last trip with her and got off trying not to cry from the pain. My ankle still hasn’t healed so she was not risking further injury. Secretly I was a little glad.

Next stop our FP+ and another favorite.

And I seriously only took one or 2 pictures this ride and tried to enjoy just the ride. I really didn’t. I need my camera. I’m obsessed, I know.\

We were thirsty so we stopped for

I keep forgetting I don’t really like them. I am not a fan of pineapple. Maybe if I got vanilla ice cream instead???

Headed over to Jungle Cruise to use our return FP+. The new DAS rules have a FP issued for the length of the wait time. I don’t mind it

Again not many pictures. One last one for this update

That seriously was 180 minutes. I love my granddaughter who has watched Frozen every chance she could all summer but the word NO would come into play. I’m sorry but no character, not even GRUMPY, is worth waiting that long.

That wonderful smelling flower is a Gardenia, they smell great just don't touch them the oils on skin kill the flower!

What a great day I also like IASW to me it just screams classic.

:scared1: 180 minutes for Anna and Elsa I agree with you not worth it!

That is a lot of updates :lmao: That beautiful flower is a gardenia. I miss Disney, I am waiting to see if I am going in December for pop warner and then we are going in January. I love all your photos :thumbsup2

Day 3 Part 5

We decided to go on the big blue ride in the sky – Tomorrowland Transit Authority or whatever it is called. One ride I really get confused on the name. You were able to see some of the HUB construction on the ride around.

We headed back to the Haunted Mansion as I believe we had a FP+ this time. Managed to get a good picture of the alternate way out.

And we were shuttled off to the side for the exit or entrance in my case. We waited and the line behind us grew. A cast member used the phone by us and Kristel heard what was going on. I knew the cast members were freaking out over something. Turns out the ride went into shut down because some idiot decided to SMOKE on the ride. They had him on camera but couldn’t find the cigarette butt.

At this point Kristel wanted to do some shopping and I wanted to do ONE thing, see the new parade. We had discussed this before the trip so we went our separate ways. I got a nice spot in the accessible area and chatted with the couple next to me for a bit. They were celebrating an anniversary, 50+ years.

I also people watched. If this is anyone here I apologize but this girl’s hair amazed me. It was her natural brown, pink, green and yellow. Her boy friend/DH? had green hair.

The Main Street Philharmonic

At this point I present the parade.

Everyone’s new favorites

I have no idea who this is. Any Help???

continued

That wonderful smelling flower is a Gardenia, they smell great just don't touch them the oils on skin kill the flower!

What a great day I also like IASW to me it just screams classic.

:scared1: 180 minutes for Anna and Elsa I agree with you not worth it!

Thank you. It was a wonderful smell every morning. IASW is a favorite, has been ever since I rode it at the NY World's Fair.

We are planning a trip in a year, maybe 2, with my granddaughters. I have already warned hem I will NOT wait to see them.

That is a lot of updates :lmao: That beautiful flower is a gardenia. I miss Disney, I am waiting to see if I am going in December for pop warner and then we are going in January. I love all your photos :thumbsup2

There are more coming. :rotfl2:

I am trying to finish the whole trip up in the next 2 days. I have to get ready for the cruise.

I have no Disney World in the foreseeable future. We have the cruise but then I am looking at surgery on my ankle and have another grandbaby due at the end of March. Jay has given me strict orders - NO DISNEY DURING BASEBALL SEASON. With him that means through early July and then Fall Ball starts in late August. He likes me at his games. And since he is buying me my own room at Disney when he makes the pros I will go to his games. :lmao: It's nice to dream.

The Parade continues

Now I have a confession to make. I never knew who these 3 were until I saw Maleficient this year. And Yes I have seen Sleeping Beauty, just never put it together.

And it came to an end

The parade was awesome to borrow my grandson’s favorite expression. I tried to make a quick exit completely forgetting that the parade headed to the front of the park. I got to see the dragon breathe fire though so that was exciting. Made my way out and of course had to get one more picture.

And I was off to AKL to meet up with Kristel.

Day 3 Part 6
When I got back to the resort I took some more pictures. I couldn’t help it, the resort is beautiful.

Flowers at the entrance

Some of the animals outside

I met up with Kristel and we had some discussion about me leaving my scooter behind. I have an issue with my ankles swelling in the Florida heat by not walking around. I wanted to walk she refused to go anywhere if I did so we reached a compromise. I parked and walked when I could. And we were off to

It looked so empty with the Flower and Garden display gone. We went to Club Cool and I got a rainbow

We decided we were finally hungry and our choice for dinner was Sunshine Seasons. I think it’s one of the best QS options in Disney.
Kristel opted for Curried Shrimp and Jasmine rice, diet Coke and cheesecake with berries.

She said the curry was very good, some heat but not over powering and the cheesecake was very good too.

I had the Smoked Pork Chop with mashed potatoes and paid for a side of green beans. I also had my favorite Strawberry cheesecake and the White Citrus tea.

This was amazingly good. The BBQ sauce was outstanding. It was sweet but had some heat too. I could have made a meal of just that with the potatoes. The green beans were good but spicy.

There was a school group there while we ate and they were very well behaved kids. I saw some groups run rampant at times this trip but these kids were great. After we ate we were going to go on Living With the Land but it was closed for the evening. Kristel was starting to feel a little ill from the curry so we parted ways again. I wanted to do a few things in WS so it worked out well.

Got another great monorail shot

And a few pictures wandering around

Some of the topiaries were still out

I went over to Mexico to see if the orchids were still there.

Took a ride on the Gran Fiesta with the Three Cabalierros

The flower pots as you are leaving the Mexico pavilion. One of the little details I like to look for

And one more shot of the orchids

To be continued

continued

Day 3 Part 7

I had one more thing I had to do. My grandson was home recuperating from his surgery but he really wanted a sword. I headed over to China to take some pictures to text him. He chose one that had some kind of tiger design on the part that holds the sword. He was feeling better but no baseball for a few more weeks so this lifted his spirits. Paid for the sword and arranged for it to be shipped to his house.

I wanted to see Illuminations so I was off to find a spot.

This was a sad sight

Parked and this was my view

I loved this area. I played around with my focus and what was central – the flowers or SE.

Took some pictures of Illuminations

I always wind up with this torch in my shots

This was a favorite

Took my time leaving and stopped at some of the countries

I tried for some pics of WS from a distance but the camera was having focus issues again

Mickey and Minnie didn’t come out well either

And with the frustration over my camera I stopped taking pictures and headed to the bus stop. Kristel was relaxing when I got back to the room and I was out for the count as soon as I hit the bed.

With that Day 3 came to an end.

As I said marathon posting. I will be working on Day 4 an hope to get that up tomorrow.

I love the new MK parade and was happy to see it in March. AKL is such a beautiful resort and love staying there but the family doesn't :confused3. Sunshine Seasons is my favorite cs after Flame tree.

That was a massive amount of updates. Great pics.

What a fool smoking on a ride.

Nice pics all around the world.

Parked and this was my view

I loved this area. I played around with my focus and what was central – the flowers or SE.

That really was a mega update! I especially love these two shots!

What a full and fun day! No rest for you! Starting the day with Crystal palace is always a winner! I finally got to ride the Mine Train last week and it was a lot of fun. Cute ride.

Love your pics of the AKL. Such a gorgeous resort.

Great updates!

I have no idea who this is. Any Help???

This guy's name is, I believe Ulf, he is from Tangled. If you have seen it, he is one of the "Ruffians" from the Ugly Duckling. In the song "I have a dream" they say that "Ulf is into Mime"
:) sorry I like Tangled...

Glad you came back to finish the report. Can't wait to hear more. I love this parade from the pics, I wish we had been able to see it when we were there in September.

I love the new MK parade and was happy to see it in March. AKL is such a beautiful resort and love staying there but the family doesn't :confused3. Sunshine Seasons is my favorite cs after Flame tree.

I can't wait to take the grandkids to see the parade. The girls will love it.

AKL was so nice. I am hoping that I can swing it to stay there with the family but they like ASMo so either way it will be good.

Flam Tree is my favorite AK QS but Sunshine Seasons just fo0r the variety has a slight edge.

That was a massive amount of updates. Great pics.

I am working on the next massive update and thank you.
What a fool smoking on a ride.

I wish they had been able to find the evidence. Fools like that ruin things for everyone.

Nice pics all around the world.

I do like taking pictures.

That really was a mega update! I especially love these two shots!

Thanks. I had fun playing around waiting for the show to begin and they were a couple of my favorites and the camera cooperated.

What a full and fun day! No rest for you! Starting the day with Crystal palace is always a winner! I finally got to ride the Mine Train last week and it was a lot of fun. Cute ride.

It was a full day but I had so much fun. I have a hard time just sitting and relaxing. Did I get to ride the Mine Train though? I intend to get this finished so we shall see.

Love your pics of the AKL. Such a gorgeous resort.

Great updates!

Thanks. AKL really is a beautiful resort. I am so glad we splurged this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter