Hey Mickey You're So Fine but Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Updated 1/7 Day 7 the end

Welcome back from your cruise. I hope you had a great time! I also hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving.

The cruise was wonderful. Can't wait to plan another one in the future.

I was away right before you so I am just reading your 11/6? update.

I need to catch up on TR's myself.

Lily is absolutely adorable. You got so many great pictures of her and she looks like she had a fantastic time at the MK. What a lovely day with her and Kat.

She is really a very cute little girl and kept us entertained all day. Kat now lives about an hour away so they get to Disney quite often. I'm jealous.

That chicken looks really good. I'm not a huge chicken fan either, but every one and awhile you get a chicken dish that is just delish!

That chicken really was very good. It amazes me that a QS meal can be better than TS meals at times.

You got a lot of lovely pictures at the MK.

Thank you. Some were better than others. That camera drove me crazy the whole trip.

I will be back to read your latest update (gotta plug in the old computer for a charge :laughing:)

Take your time. I will get over to yours and catch up soon. It's hard with the holidays and report cards coming out for the grandkids. It means half days and I need to watch an extra grandchild.

Nice pic of all of you at MK.

kristel must have thought the paparazzi was watching her when you were on Dumbo. LOL.

Looks like a fun time at MK.

Nice animal pics.

LOL you got to day 12 and it ends. That would have annoyed me if I was taking the pics.

That is great you got on The Mine Ride.

The Splash photo is funny with you holding on. I do that to but you look like you got some grip on it.

The root beer float looks so good.

Nice you got to do all 4 parks.

Looks like you are with a Clone Trooper and I love your t-shirt.

Queen Amadela (SP?). Luke & Leia’s mother.

Cute pic with Chewie.

No clue who she is.

Love the pic with Ewok Chip & Dale.

Dinner sounds great.

yes he is a Sith, Darth Maul and he did not so nice things to Vinny. LOL.

Never saw the figure in the window. I must look next time.

Too bad it was so crowded at the party. Those are some crowds going inside.

I am caught up again.

Nice pic of all of you at MK.

Thanks

kristel must have thought the paparazzi was watching her when you were on Dumbo. LOL.

She is used to it. LOL She tweets or texts I take pics

Looks like a fun time at MK.

It was and more so seeing the fun through a little one

Nice animal pics.

Thanks again

LOL you got to day 12 and it ends. That would have annoyed me if I was taking the pics.

There are things that annoy me as a photographer but then I figure it's an excuse to go back again.

That is great you got on The Mine Ride.

I was thrilled!!! I wanted to get a chance to ride it so badly and it was worth it.

The Splash photo is funny with you holding on. I do that to but you look like you got some grip on it.

Yeah, that's my I'm going to die, death grip. Sort of like the one you had in my car on the roads in Lancaster.

The root beer float looks so good.

It was very good and I enjoyed it much more than the Dole Whip. Pineapple isn't a favorite, I just need to remember that.

Nice you got to do all 4 parks.

It was on my bucket list so I was very happy.

Looks like you are with a Clone Trooper and I love your t-shirt.

Chewbacca liked the shirt too - he was on it.

Queen Amadela (SP?). Luke & Leia’s mother.

I really need to pay more attention when I watch the movies and I loved that movie.

Cute pic with Chewie.

Thanks, one of the reasons I split from Kristel. She really didn't want to do character meet and greets this trip.

No clue who she is.

Love the pic with Ewok Chip & Dale.

Dinner sounds great.

That dinner was worth the money just for the character interaction and the food was good too.

yes he is a Sith, Darth Maul and he did not so nice things to Vinny. LOL.

I would love to hear that story, poor Vinny.

Never saw the figure in the window. I must look next time.

Too bad it was so crowded at the party. Those are some crowds going inside.

It was insanity. I was glad we did it early in the day. I did make the live stream though. Someone I know saw me. :rotfl2:

I am caught up again.

And I am planning on finishing this today.

Thanks I hope you had a wonderful holiday.

OK I am a bad TR writer. I just let things and time get away from me. We are having a really cold day and I'm in hibernation unless forced outside, the decorations are down and away, I found my notes so I am finishing here and hopefully starting a TR for my cruise.

Day 7 and our adventure comes to an end

We were up early and finished packing the last few things. I had call from Walker Mobility that they would be there shortly to pick up the ECV. One of the downsides to a non-preferred company but I like them. I went to Bell services to check my suitcase and then outside to wait for Walker. After that was done Kristel and I headed to Mara for breakfast. We changed a few FP+ times and were off. I did find a Hidden Mickey on the lid of my cup.

We had decided to do Animal Kingdom on our last day as it was the closest park. It was a little weird actually going on a bus like everyone else but I enjoyed it. We knew that since I had no scooter we were going to take it at a slower pace.

No pic of the entrance but I got an African Spoonbill

We headed towards Africa and spotted this guy swimming around as we crossed the bridge

I have no idea what these are but I thought they were interesting looking

At this point we reached

Kristel decided to skip it as she was already hot and tired. It was steamy. I found an Okapi and the lens of my camera was still adjusting to the temps

The lens cleared up and I got the Taveta Golden Weaver

I believe these are Mandarin Ducks

A Meerkat

And a Photo shy Gorilla

We then had a FP for the Safari but the line for the FP was longer than standby so we did the standby first timing the wait. Posted time was 10 or 15 minutes and the wait was 12 minutes so very accurate.

First up was an Okapi, as shy as the Gorilla was

The crocs were awake or laughing at us, I'm never sure

I believe these are Sable Antelope

A Giraffe

The elephants were a little tough to see

Got a bird in flight

Some lazy Rhinos

I loved this rock formation. It looked like a face to me

Zebras

and Addax

A detail I never get to see on the accessible truck

And the ride was over.

Reached photo limit so continued in the next post

Hi Lorrie! I'm joining in. It looks like y'all had a great time, I love seeing all of the pictures from Flower and Garden!

Continuing on.

We decided to use the FP+ this time and the line was still really long so we timed the wait again. It was 10 minutes. Not that bad. It took almost that long to get on a ride vehicle.

Our safari was really different this time which is why I love the Safari ride so much.

Saw the Rhino this time but no pic here as I am having issues with Flickr again and it will not let me post the picture or several others.

The Giraffes were out in force and I got both types in 1 photo but again flickr issues

Love this one, the Giraffe was posing for me

And playing Hide and Seek

Believe this is a Bongo and he posed too.

Got a better pic of an elephant

And some very frisky Mandrills. They really needed some privacy if you get my meaning

Zebras and Rhinos

And the Addax

Sadly there were no lions to be found on either ride. I was happy other than that.

Our next FP time had arrived so we were off to that. Unfortunately the ride was down. We had really had a light breakfast and a few QS meals left on our DP so we decided to eat at Restaurantosaurus. This was a new one for me as I really prefer Flame Tree BBQ but I was happy, they had a fixings bar and I LOVE fixings bars.

As proof here is my meal. Somewhere under the mushrooms is my burger

Kristel was still wearing her Birthday Button, her birthday was actually the next day, so the CM's working in the dining room stopped to serenade her with a dinosaur puppet.

After we finished lunch we headed over to check on Dinosaur and it was up and running now. Another somewhat unique experience for me as I had to go through the main entrance onto the ride. Thankfully it wasn't to bad taking the stairs on my ankle since the line was long.

One of the rare ride photos that you can see my face, of course I never looked surprised or scared

At this point we started to head back towards the entrance of the park. Kristel pointed out a lizard

And then we said our goodbyes. I still had some time left and Kristel needed to get on the road. She drove from Indiana and had an 8+ hour ride ahead of her that day.

I saw 2 of my favorite characters, Baloo and King Louis, coming and grabbed a quick picture and this won't load either. I always have great interactions with these guys

Found a pretty spot

And a petty annoyance of mine. There are rules for the parks and one is NO rolling backpacks or coolers, yet I see them more and more each trip

Almost at the picture limit again so to be continued in one more post

Hopefully Flickr will cooperate and I can finish this with photos.

One last thing before I had to leave and another favorite, I really love this park.

Komodo Dragon, I think

Ducks

A Tiger

Tiger Mural

Nicobar pigeon sitting on a nest of eggs

This was some kind of pheasant and I had it in my phone. Unfortunately I lost my phone the day before Thanksgiving.

A little bird

Nicobar pigeon not on the nest

This bird was so colorful

Spoonbill getting a drink

And with that I had reached the exit. As I was leaving I saw someone lying on a bench with his companion next to him fanning him furiously. I stopped a security guard and alerted him to the situation. It was really hot, I mean mid 90's middle of the summer hot and humid. I have a DD who gets heat exhaustion and wound up in the ER one time because of it so I had a feeling this guy was suffering adversely. I didn't stick around to see if he was ok as I had to get back to AKL and wasn't sure about the bus wait.

Took some final pics at AKL heading in

Looking out at the Savannah

One final lizard

And the lizard with his throat puffed out

Bye Giraffes

I then headed to Mara for a quick meal. There were still some credits left and I wouldn't have anything on the plane so figured I would get a salad. I saw a nice young man getting ready to order and asked if he would like to use the other 2 credits for his meal. He was very grateful and gladly accepted. His wife was expecting and the heat had gotten to her so she was in the room relaxing.

It was fun to pay it forward as this once happened to us and it was greatly appreciated at the time. Two good deeds in one day, I was on a roll.

A few more pics of AKL

One final look

And I was outside waiting for ME to take me to the airport. We had one stop

And it was off to the airport. The one thing I dislike about Orlando is that you have to search out a wheelchair and I needed one as my ankle was throbbing. Thankfully I was able to find one and was soon at my gate.

The plane boarded and took off on time and I was home. Of course this time my DH left me to struggle getting my suitcase on my own, last trip he surprised me by showing up at the hub. My good deeds paid off as a very nice young man helped me get the suitcase off the carousel and I was in my van and on my way home.

Another wonderful trip over. Sadly no new one was in the plans although I did have my first cruise to look forward too.

AKL was amazing and I hope to stay there again.

Seeing Kristel was great. We have our moments but then again I have them with my DH. I think I can be difficult at times. We always work them out and are still friends so we survived.

And the camera issues that drove me insane - I took the camera back to the shop and had a huge argument with the tech who said it was fine. It was so bad trying to get him to listen I threatened to throw the camera into a wall to see I he would agree it wasn't working then. He finally agreed, reluctantly, to send it out for repairs. Over a month later I got it back with a whole new motherboard installed. The camera was NOT working properly which I had argued about for almost 3 years. It's now my back-up camera as I went out and bought a Nikon 5200. I just couldn't trust the Sony anymore. It is working OK though just not my go to camera. The owner of the shop apologized when I got it back.

Those who read along thank you. Those who left comments thank you even more. It's nice to have comments.

Hi Lorrie! I'm joining in. It looks like y'all had a great time, I love seeing all of the pictures from Flower and Garden!

Hi and thanks for joining in. We did have a great time. I wish I could have had more time at Flower and Garden, it was amazing.

A slow stroll through Ak is the best especially if it was super hot. We have no plans as of yet to go back either but we are hoping to go in June. Everything is up in the air until we sell the house. I hope you had a great Christmas and New Year.

A slow stroll through Ak is the best especially if it was super hot. We have no plans as of yet to go back either but we are hoping to go in June. Everything is up in the air until we sell the house. I hope you had a great Christmas and New Year.

Slow was definitely the key.

Have you had any lookers for the house? Real estate here is still slow.

I am trying to plan a trip but with my dad having cancer, a new grandbaby coming and orders of no vacations during baseball it's hard finding a good time. I also would be traveling alone so I need to factor that in too.

Those pictures of the giraffe are so great! Love them!

What a great day at AK to cap off your trip. I just love those bird on the M trek! Very cool that you actually knew what kind of pigeon it was.

I love the AK resort, too! It's a great place to stay.

I really enjoyed your TR and hate to see it end. I'm glad you came back to finish it up!

Those pictures of the giraffe are so great! Love them!

What a great day at AK to cap off your trip. I just love those bird on the M trek! Very cool that you actually knew what kind of pigeon it was.

There are certain birds that I have taken enough pictures of that I know them now. That and we have some at the zoo here so I practice on them.

I love the AK resort, too! It's a great place to stay.

It definitely was one of the best resorts so far. I am hoping to bring the grandkids there in a couple of years. They would love it.

I really enjoyed your TR and hate to see it end. I'm glad you came back to finish it up!

Thank you. I really fell behind with the holidays and the cruise but I lost interest for awhile because of my dad. He was diagnosed with cancer and being on here didn't seem to matter as much. He says they caught it early and should be 100% treatable. Of course he started treatment this week finally and today he fell and broke his wrist and has some fractures in his back so a whole new set of worries.

I am going to start a TR for my cruise as a distraction. Not sure if I will add it here or on the cruise forum. I'll let you all know as soon as I figure it out.

Slow was definitely the key.

Have you had any lookers for the house? Real estate here is still slow.

I am trying to plan a trip but with my dad having cancer, a new grandbaby coming and orders of no vacations during baseball it's hard finding a good time. I also would be traveling alone so I need to factor that in too.

We have had dozens of showings but no bites yet. congrats on the new grandbaby. My Craziness has been Emily decided that her and Eian are getting married on 1/25, they decided on New years day :hyper:

Sorry to hear about your dad my dad is as well thats why I have been to Florida several times this with no trips to Disney.

We have had dozens of showings but no bites yet. congrats on the new grandbaby. My Craziness has been Emily decided that her and Eian are getting married on 1/25, they decided on New years day :hyper:

Sorry to hear about your dad my dad is as well thats why I have been to Florida several times this with no trips to Disney.

Congrats on your daughter and boy do I know that feeling. I had a little more time but not much more when my daughter got married in August. No time to plan so I tried to have the reception at Bob Evans. They didn't really like that idea.

Housing is still rebounding. I don't think next door has had anyone even look. Hope you sell soon.

I started a TR over on the cruise line forum for the cruise we took.

Nice animal pics.

LOL! Enough mushrooms? LOL

Love hanging out at AKL. Such a pretty resort. it is a contender for September.

Great report and pics, thanks for sharing.

And now I think I"m caught up with this one too! I particularly loved your AK photos- made me all the more anxious to get myself there in a few weeks! and hopefully we can squeeze that Meet in we've been talking about!

:hug:

And now I think I"m caught up with this one too! I particularly loved your AK photos- made me all the more anxious to get myself there in a few weeks! and hopefully we can squeeze that Meet in we've been talking about!

:hug:

Wow I forgot about this one. Thanks about the photos I love taking pictures and sharing with anyone who wants to see them. I hope we can squeeze it in too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter