Hey there!!! Where's Pete's Grand Floridian Grand Gripe??!!!

Stuffy is the right word. I’ve stayed there a few times. The grounds are gorgeous but Pete was right. There are constantly carts moving about and parked. Much more than I’ve seen at YC/BC or BW.

When my mother stayed there she did not like it either. We both noticed that the laundry carts were parked on every floor 24/7. My family was on 3 different floors in the same building. I have never seen so many laundry carts on my life. We still talk about it.

The GFC is our go-to MK lunch spot. We leave the park as the crowd in pouring in. Take a lovely resort launch straight over. The CM’s and boat captains on the launch are old school CM’s and are exceptionally pleasant and chatty. It is uncrowded, quiet and calm at lunch which is a refreshing after MK RD. No ADR necessary. They have a hot turkey/cheese/bacon sandwich that is a “vacation diet” delight, plus until recently, the closest place to get a glass of wine. Then one monorail stop back to MK.

Sounds like he just a grumpy person overall

I feel bad for the cast members that had to deal with him

It surprised me to read that because I thought he was more fair about the overall stay than a lot of people would have been. I seem to find that once someone has had a few small things or one bigger something go wrong at a resort (or anywhere) it can be hard for them to see any other good in it; but Pete (and his mom) both repeatedly pointed out all of the great things and people they came across. I liked that he didn't let the beginning sour notes of the stay take over the review. He still took the time to list a bunch of things that they really liked. I appreciate that in a review. :)

The jaded side of me thinks the lead only reacted after @WDWtoday alerted them about Pete’s tweets and who he is - an owner of a travel agency, a YouTube channel and a massive forum.
I don’t think a regular Joe would have gotten that recovery.
Not true. Disney tries very hard with recovery. In January 2018 I got the room from hell at Animal Kingdom Kidani. No heat the whole first night (it was at freezing outside), no hot water the next morning and finally, no electricity that same day when we returned from the park. They were quick to fix everything, very apologetic and comped me two nights’ fees. They also sent up a very similar amenity platter to the one Pete received. Even regular people get decent compensation. I will say, I remained calm and courteous throughout all contact with cast.

I have to say when I had a bad time due to admitted cast error with my room (cash stay) they resolved very much to my satisfaction. I’ve found Disney customer service to be some of the best anywhere, even though I moan about nickel and diming and DVC things such as points reallocation.

It was worth the wait!! I've watched Pete's GF review twice!!! Hilarious!!!! But also eye opening. I hate it when hotel keys don't work or stop working. It happens, but the solution is to give the guest a working key/band so the door can be opened. It's the most basic service the hotelier provides: you rent the room, you get to go in!! Management should not be telling the guest that the guest is incorrect -- obviously the guest is having some issue, even if the guest IS doing something wrong, it needs to be rectified so the guest can get into the room. This is not rocket science, it's the hospitality industry, the name says what is required.

Side note: I love the way Pete treats his Mom. A+

Oh please! There is no place at Disney that is all that classy. When we were over at GF in March there were little kids running all over the place screaming in wet swim suits, strollers everywhere and even a dog laying on the floor at a table in the Grand Flo Cafe while we ate (ew). That (all the little kiddos) is why we'll likely never stay there, or any MK resort again.
Exactly what resort *are* you staying at that doesn't have little kids running all over the place? I mean, this is Walt Disney World we're talking about here. From All-Star Sports to the Grand Floridian, there's going to be kids all around.

The GF was inspired by Hotel Del Coronado. When I was there a couple of years ago, the feeling was of an ultra Deluxe resort. The beach villas were phenomenal as each had a hot tub looking out to the beach/Pacific. So if I compare the GF (and the associated pricing he paid) to the HDC, to me the HDC is worthy of that "wow" factor. I felt more comfortable walking around HDC as opposed to GF.

View attachment 407649View attachment 407650View attachment 407651View attachment 407652View attachment 407653View attachment 407654View attachment 407656View attachment 407657
Gorgeous pics, thanx for sharing! Takes me WAY back to when I stayed there for a few nights when I was stationed at the now-defunct Long Beach Naval Station. My boyfriend at the time was doing SEAL training in Coronado, so I went down to visit during a short break. Stunning place for sure!!

Sounds like he just a grumpy person overall

I feel bad for the cast members that had to deal with him
Of course you're entitled to your opinion If this is, in fact, your opinion. However, I'm tending to be of the opinion that you really don't know a lot about him at all. Or this might just be debate bait, or a randomly made comment.

Either way, I stick to MY opinion that Pete is NOT grumpy at all on a consistent basis. Tough but fair critic? Sure! Wanting to get a good bang for his buck, a good experience, and a nicely kept and administrated facility - especially at THOSE prices? Yep. Trying to make sure a place is well run/kept up so that when his Dreams clients and others stay or go there they have good experiences? Definitely. Reviewing and letting us all know the good and the bad that happened during his experience, so we might have a glimpse what to maybe expect when we go there?Yes.

But Pete being grumpy as just a general mood on a day to day basis? No way! Or - maybe it's the Joisey in me that's used to the Joisey in him. :o But I don't think so, I honestly don't. Some day I'll hopefully have the pleasure of meeting him (and others on The Team) in person, but I have been following him for about 6 or so years now, so that would be MANY MANY MANY hours of video alone, so I think I've seen a huge glimpse into his general demeanor on the daily to form this hypothesis.

And oh - yes - I WOULD feel sorry for any CM who has to deal with him - IF they don't have their "STUFF" together. Rue the day, they will, and rightfully should, in a case like this. Although even he said he kept it pretty much together in this case (probably even more than I would have, sounds like!!) But - again - have seen NUMEROUS compliments doled out by Mr. Werner on exceptional CM;'s.

Last edited:
Exactly what resort *are* you staying at that doesn't have little kids running all over the place? I mean, this is Walt Disney World we're talking about here. From All-Star Sports to the Grand Floridian, there's going to be kids all around.
Well the MK resorts have more. And more strollers cause of monorail and ability to stroller right on. We stay at BWV.

I loved the review. I like how he still showed the good things about the resort as well. I hate when the magic bands don't work cause you schlep all the way to your room. Then your band does not work...you have to schlep all the way back to the front desk, hopefully it works...if it doesn't work...you have to go back. Oh my goodness! This happened to us at POP and we had 2 backpacks and 2 carry-ons:faint: i understand that these things happen but it is annoying to say the least.

Those are the same worn-out couches I was seeing in room tours in 2015 when I was doing research for our 2016 trip. Those "meh" rooms were exactly why I rented DVC points for that trip and got a gorgeous 1 bedroom villa instead. It was spectacular and we felt totally pampered just being in there. At this point, the rooms at POP are way nicer than the hotel rooms at GF. They should be able to refurb those rooms way more often.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion If this is, in fact, your opinion. However, I'm tending to be of the opinion that you really don't know a lot about him at all. Or this might just be debate bait, or a randomly made comment.

Either way, I stick to MY opinion that Pete is NOT grumpy at all on a consistent basis. Tough but fair critic? Sure! Wanting to get a good bang for his buck, a good experience, and a nicely kept and administrated facility - especially at THOSE prices? Yep. Trying to make sure a place is well run/kept up so that when his Dreams clients and others stay or go there they have good experiences? Definitely. Reviewing and letting us all know the good and the bad that happened during his experience, so we might have a glimpse what to maybe expect when we go there?Yes.

But Pete being grumpy as just a general mood on a day to day basis? No way! Or - maybe it's the Joisey in me that's used to the Joisey in him. :o But I don't think so, I honestly don't. Some day I'll hopefully have the pleasure of meeting him (and others on The Team) in person, but I have been following him for about 6 or so years now, so that would be MANY MANY MANY hours of video alone, so I think I've seen a huge glimpse into his general demeanor on the daily to form this hypothesis.

And oh - yes - I WOULD feel sorry for any CM who has to deal with him - IF they don't have their "STUFF" together. Rue the day, they will, and rightfully should, in a case like this. Although even he said he kept it pretty much together in this case (probably even more than I would have, sounds like!!) But - again - have seen NUMEROUS compliments doled out by Mr. Werner on exceptional CM;'s.

I do t really know who he is. I’m assuming he’s one of the main ppl on the boards.

Yes - his general demeanor seems that he is a generally grumpy person. That must be the polite no matter what from Kansas in me. Yes, he was sweet to his mom, but that’s to be expected- it’s his mom.

My opinion though. Like I said - I have no idea who he is, so my opinion is based off the one video.

I do t really know who he is. I’m assuming he’s one of the main ppl on the boards.

Yes - his general demeanor seems that he is a generally grumpy person. That must be the polite no matter what from Kansas in me. Yes, he was sweet to his mom, but that’s to be expected- it’s his mom.

My opinion though. Like I said - I have no idea who he is, so my opinion is based off the one video.

Pete OWNS the DIS. These are his boards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!