"Hey! You Look Like My Wife!" A Better Late Than Never Not So Scary Adventure

pirateprincess1976

Mouseketeer
"Hey! You Look Like My Wife!" A Better Late Than Never Not So Scary Adventure Update 3/10 x3

Hey Disers! I'm back! Sorry for my absence but such is the life a retail employee in November and December.
But now that things have started to return to normal at work I can finally start my new trip report. I know it's a little later than I was hoping for but... better late than never!
Ok, let's get the basics out of the way.

The Who:

Me! Otherwise known as Mary.
I'm your basic, average Disney lover, and I just happen to share a birthday with Disneyland and Splash Mountain. Yup, July 17th is the BEST DAY EVER!!!
My Faves
Park- Magic Kingdom
Princess- Belle
Character- Tinkerbell
Snack- Nutella waffle sandwich, Dole Whip
Ride- Splash Mountain, Soarin', Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest
This was my 16th trip to Disney World and my 6th solo trip

The When:

September 8-12, 2014

The What:

Solo trip, 5 days, 4 nights, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

The Where:

All Star Music, Broadway section

The Why:

Do I really need a reason?

OK.... now that that's out of the way, let's get on with the show!

Last edited:
Day 1 9/8
Part 1
Getting There is Half the Fun

I booked this trip about 12 hours after I got home from my May trip. I spent the time leading up to the trip doing the usual. You know, finding Disney shirts to wear, booking my FP+ 60 days out, working on my May trip report.
The day before I left I did the work thing, which isn't a big deal since I got out at 2, which left me plenty of time to head home, do some last minute laundry, and pack.
Of course, packing is pretty easy, since I'd been "pre-packed" for weeks LOL

Of course, my kitty decided to help. He also thought he should go with me but, rest assured, he lived like a spoiled little king while I was gone. My uncles cater to his every whim LOL

All set to go!
I went to bed around 10 and tossed and turned for awhile before I fell asleep. I had a super early wake up call, 3;30 am. Yikes!
My alarm went off and I jumped right up. It was Disney Day!!!!!!
I jumped in the shower and got ready to go. My taxi arrived around 4:15 and I was on my way to Logan.
I had a 6am flight on Jet Blue.
I got to Logan in about 20 minutes and there was pretty much no one there. I think I want a 6am flight every time I leave Boston LOL
Seriously, I walked right up to the desk and dropped of my bag and then I walk right up to the TSA check point. No lines at all! Loving this.
I made my way to the gate and relaxed for a bit. I had a few more minutes to kill before I could get my last Dunkies ice coffee.
At 5 Dunkin Donuts opened so I grabbed a caramel mocha ice coffee and I got a glazed donut. The donut wasn't worth a picture, but my last coffee always is.

They started boarding around 5:30 and by 6 the doors was closed and we were on our way. The flight was pretty uneventful, I watched tv, listened to my ipod and read.

Almost there!

We landed at 8:50, about 20 minutes ahead of schedule. Score!
I made my way off the plane and headed down to the Magical Express.

I made it down and tapped my magic band and was sent down to line #8

There was no one in line and I was sent to a waiting bus. I was the last person on. The front seats were reserved and once I got on the driver said we were ready to go and if anyone wanted to move to the front they were welcome to at this time. No one else wanted to move so after a couple of minutes I did!

At 9:20 we were on our way!
Soon we were passing through this beauty...

Our first stop was Coronado Springs and then it was off to the All Stars. First up was All Star Sports and then at 10:15 we arrived at All Star Music!
I went in and jumped in the Online Check In line. After a very short wait I was all checked in and yay! My room was ready and it was in the Broadway section which was my request.
And that's just where I headed. I was ready to drop off my bag and go have fun.

Day 1 9/8
Part 2:
Broadway, Baby!
Of course, as I headed to my room, I needed to take a few pictures along the way.

I almost forgot how much I love All Star Music. I haven't stayed there in about 5 years, but it really is kind of peaceful as value resorts go.

I was on the Beauty and the Beast side which was pretty awesome, especially since I was going to MNSSHP the next night and I was going as Belle.

I was ready to go play. Where was I going first? Stay tuned to find out!

I am sooooooo sorry. I've been a terrible dis-er lately. Home has pretty much turned into the frozen tundra. Seriously, we got like 7 feet of snow from the end of January through February. And it's been so cold. It makes me feel all super blah and I haven't had the enjoy to do anything. Hopefully the weather is starting to turn around, but.... this is New England, it has been known to snow into April, so.... we'll see.
But I just realized that I leave for Disney World in now less than 8 weeks so I better get my butt moving on this. So without further to do, let's get a couple of updates going.

Day 1 9/8
Part 3:
Hollywood Bound!

Forever ago, I last left off with checking into my hotel and ready to head out and start my adventures.
First thing I needed was some delicious Disney food. During my trip the food court at All Star Music was being renovated. They turned the arcade into a little grab and go and provided shuttle service to All Star Sports.
I was lucky enough to be right across the parking lot from All Star Movies so I decided to walk over there and grab something from their food court.
I ended up getting the kids Mickey waffle breakfast. It's not a bad deal, about $5 for a couple of mini waffles, some turkey bacon, grapes and a little bottle of water.

Nothing says Disney like Mickey waffles :)
Once nourished I headed out to their bus stop.

I thought this Star Wars display was pretty cool.
I waited for the bus and by 11:30 I was here...

Hollywood Studios!
After a quick bag check I headed in and was greeted with my little flat Olaf.

Ready for some Summer Fun, Olaf? And I'm sorry, I think you're very cute and funny but no, I do not want to build a snowman.
I decided to head down Sunset Boulevard. I was going to be right in time to catch the first showing of Beauty and the Beast!

Close up of Flat Olaf.

You better believe he came home with me. My Frozen obsessed niece loves him lol

Day 1 9/8
Part 5:
Tale as Old as Time (part 2)

More pictures... I went a little photo crazy but I love this show! Beauty and the Beast is my favorite and Belle is my favorite princess. In fact, I heard Beauty and the Beast is coming back to Boston so I'm pretty sure I need to see it. I'm pretty sure I've seen it every time it comes to Boston lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter