HHI LOVERS THREAD

That's good to know. I've heard of people using them Aulani as well which is why I asked about HH
Some people have reported being able to use MBs at DHHIR if they link their active MBs to their trip here. However, many others have not been able to get their MBs to work. The front desk links your access cards (room keys) to your reservation so that you can unlock your door, Beach House gates, et.al. If you attempt to use your MBs, however, some have reported that effort then messes up your room keys. In short, you can try it but don't count on it. ;)

What's the resort like in January/December? Besides being fewer points, how might our experience be different vs. November?

Last week of February last year, it was too chilly for us to swim.
We are going there next week for a three night stop on the way to WDW.

What's the resort like in January/December? Besides being fewer points, how might our experience be different vs. November?
Definitely chillier. The pools tend to have more days when they're closed due to the "feels like" temperature being below 50F. While Tide Me Over is open normal hours throughout the year, Surfman's Sandbar will close if the weather is too cold and/or rainy. Likewise, even if the pool deck opens at the Big Dipper pool, not all of the games or trivia contests will be held if the weather doesn't allow. Moreover, some outside restaurants close for a short period or have shorter hours. Mini-golf courses tend to be closed more during Jan/Feb, as well. Biking is tougher as it's colder, but still doable. Overall, prepare to be in your room a bit more should cold weather settle in during your stay.

Our one and only visit to HHI was in the middle of January. We had great luck and the weather was great mid 60's to low 70's. Given that we were coming from a cold front in Denver, it was fantastic. We spent a lot of time at the pool and hot tub.

The resort didn't have many people, and we spent a lot of time at the activity center. The activities crew is phenomenal. They really try hard to create fun experiences for their guests.

It was a fantastic trip.

Just returned home from our five nights at the resort. I cannot say enough positive things about our stay!

I was expecting the cast members to be great based on these boards, and they exceeded expectations. Vin, Emily, Jill, Mike and Carol were just a handful we encountered who made everything a little more magical.

When we first cooked up this visit in about May of last year, we originally thought we would do day trips to Savannah and Charleston after flying directly into HHH. A few months after we booked the room and flights, Delta cut off service into HHH so we rerouted into Savannah. Our plans gradually changed to just an afternoon in Savannah, but once we got to the resort they quickly turned to "we are not leaving the island." It was such a treat to enjoy a DVC resort with no theme parks calling our names (having a grand villa with a wood burning fireplace for most of the trip did not hurt - we lucked out at got building 18 with that BEAUTIFUL marsh view).

We enjoyed the s'mores, meeting Pluto (this was our first visit and it was so sad hearing repeat guests asking where Shadow was!), and playing trivia from the hot tub. We had a great beach walk with Cassie, who was super fun and informative. The weather was kind of a mess to start our trip (freezing rain/snow in the area Friday night and pretty cold Saturday), but we still managed to take a couple great bike trips, hot tub, walk on the beach, etc.

I think I was the only one of five who expressed any interest in ever coming back during the warmer months LOL. My dad and sister said multiple times that they want to come back in winter with low crowds and lots of peace and quiet.

The staff should be proud of the experience they give guests. I only wish it weren't such a trek to visit SC from SoCal. I still love the theme parks, but this trip was really something special. True Disney Magic.

I have passed signs touting fresh shrimp along the road into HHI. Are any especially good? Any to be avoided?

Well- we stayed in a GV at HHI last Saturday night and immediately started looking for HHI points. We signed contracts today! What a wonderful resort!! Even though it was too cold to use the pools and many things were closed, we saw the potential for the warmer months and definitely need to go back in the summer (hence the need for HHI points). Now I just need this contract to pass ROFR so that I can be an HHI owner!

I have passed signs touting fresh shrimp along the road into HHI. Are any especially good? Any to be avoided?
I suspect most get their shrimp from the same source so are okay. However, I can recommend two totally legit places if you want to be sure.
1) Hudson's Seafood on Squire Pope Road (turn left at the first traffic light after crossing the bridges). Go about 1/2 mile +/- on Squire Pope and you'll see the sign on your left.
2) Barnacle Bill's on the Wm Hilton Pkwy, about 2.5 - 3 miles before you get the the resort. It will be on your right and is a little stand in what looks to be a small park-like area.

Both have an excellent reputation, and we shop at both.

Well- we stayed in a GV at HHI last Saturday night and immediately started looking for HHI points. We signed contracts today! What a wonderful resort!! Even though it was too cold to use the pools and many things were closed, we saw the potential for the warmer months and definitely need to go back in the summer (hence the need for HHI points). Now I just need this contract to pass ROFR so that I can be an HHI owner!
We also just just signed a contract on the 24th! so excited to be able to experience DVC in another state. We are from Florida so to be able to travel somewhere different and get the Disney vibe is why we decided to add on here. fingers crossed we both get through ROFR!

Any tips/suggestions on getting to Dafuskie Island? Is a tour of the island necessary/advised?

The SilverDew Winery looks intriguing, but I cannot find info on how to book a tasting.

has anyone had the autumn salad? Looks good.
Holiday turkey sandwich was delicious. DH and I shared it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!