HHI LOVERS THREAD

We were able to book 1 night in a studio at HHI to stop on our way home from Orlando. We normally stop about 2 hours further north, but it won't make the second day of driving that much longer and we really wanted to check out the resort to see how we like it and decide if we might try to book a longer stay in the future.

We'll arrive shortly after lunch and stay for lunch after we check out before getting back on the road. Not a lot of time, to be sure, but enough to get a feel for the resort and consider future visits.

We were able to book 1 night in a studio at HHI to stop on our way home from Orlando. We normally stop about 2 hours further north, but it won't make the second day of driving that much longer and we really wanted to check out the resort to see how we like it and decide if we might try to book a longer stay in the future.

We'll arrive shortly after lunch and stay for lunch after we check out before getting back on the road. Not a lot of time, to be sure, but enough to get a feel for the resort and consider future visits.
Enjoy! But, expect to want to visit more often once you've stopped there.

Hey everyone!
My DBF and I are going to HHI for the first time for Valentines day weekend! Just a quick little get away to hold us over and give us a little Disney while we wait for our April WDW trip. What are some things we need to see and do while we are there? Best places to eat? Any excursion type activities we should do (cold weather permitting)?

Going to HHI in less than three weeks and I can't wait. I have stayed at the resort once in October and once in April. Both stays were wonderful. I'm really looking forward to the Christmas decorations at the resort and HHI.

We just returned from DHHIR and have a few suggestions for anyone going soon. REQUEST TOP FLOOR!!! We had people above us, and it sounded as if they were running and jumping all the time we were there-12 nights. And yet I know there were about 3 different groups above us, but they all sounded the same-so loud! Next time we'll ask to move if we don't get top floor. Also, if you're staying for many nights, bring some toilet paper, nice and soft. Twelve nights of DHHIR toilet paper doesn't sit well on the butt. Kroger, nearby, sells nice soft toilet paper. All I can say about where to eat is any restaurant owned by SERG is very good.

We are here now. Does anyone know if DHHIR is on the list for renovations? We're in a one bedroom and it's really desperate for an update. Very dark, dingy and old. On the positive side, the cast members here are nothing short of incredible!

Enjoy! But, expect to want to visit more often once you've stopped there.
A second night opened up, and I have a little flexibility in getting home a day later, so we're now doing a 2-night stay at HHI on the way home from WDW! :banana:

Hey everyone!
My DBF and I are going to HHI for the first time for Valentines day weekend! Just a quick little get away to hold us over and give us a little Disney while we wait for our April WDW trip. What are some things we need to see and do while we are there? Best places to eat? Any excursion type activities we should do (cold weather permitting)?
Social Bakery is amazing! We also liked Bad Biscuit for breakfast and had great meals at Wise Guys and Annie O's. Have a great time!!

I'm getting excited! We are heading down for our once-every-three-years trip (I can't believe it's been THREE years!) and this time, my sister and her family are coming with us! It will be their first time to the Atlantic coast so I am so excited to show them our Hilton Head "home". We are driving down for Spring Break (first week of April) and leaving Michigan on Friday morning. We hope to pull into HHI on Sunday afternoon. We are staying in a 2BR for 4 nights, but my sister and family are leaving on Wednesday to head to the Biltmore Estate on the way back to Michigan. On Thursday night, my family has to move to a studio because, stupid me forgot to get online right at the 7-month mark to book that last night in the 2BR using our AKV points. Fortunately, I stalked the website and a studio popped up for that night which saved me a bunch of points AND we got a room.

We are planning a day trip to Savannah and my family will be taking a chartered fishing trip. Other than that....no plans...just hanging out and making plans day by day. What a total difference from WDW planning...no ADR's, no FP's, no rope dropping...just hoping for nice weather.

Hey everyone!
Tons of great places to eat in HHI. Our favorites are Skull Creek Boathouse (can't make reservations so go early) and Fish Camp on Broad Creek. Scott's Fish Market is fairly good, and the best thing about them is they're a 4-5 minute walk away over the bridge. The Social Bakery is good but expensive. Close by, as in walking distance, is a Starbucks for coffee in the morning, Poseidon (we found it average; others love it), and a few other decent spots. If you want a bit more upscale, try OMBRA Cucina, an Italian spot about a mile down the main drag from the resort. I'm sure they will do a Valentine's Day special, so check them out on FB. Enjoy your trip!

My DH and I just purchased DVC (resale) and I was going to plan a girls weekend at Hilton Head in May or early June. One of the ladies is big into golfing and is excited about going to HHI. Can you all recommend a golf course for her? Also a nice restaurant with a good wine selection nearby?

My DH and I just purchased DVC (resale) and I was going to plan a girls weekend at Hilton Head in May or early June. One of the ladies is big into golfing and is excited about going to HHI. Can you all recommend a golf course for her? Also a nice restaurant with a good wine selection nearby?
There a few courses nearby to Disney's resort. The Fazio course is perhaps closest and is a solid course and won't cost a lot--you could actually walk there though if you have clubs, that wouldn't be fun. ;) As far as wine lists go, any of the nicer restaurants will have a good one. In particular, Charlie's L'Etoile Verte has a very nice wine list and focuses on French wines though has some selections from other wine growing regions. , Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana has a solid list, as well, and though they say they focus on Italian wines, there list is actually more like a 50-50 split between Italy and the rest of the world, especially California. The best focused wine list we've found (not that we have an exhaustive list, mind you) is OMBRA Cucina whose listing primarily deals with Italian varietals from their many regions and DOCs. The food is marvelous, too.

There a few courses nearby to Disney's resort. The Fazio course is perhaps closest and is a solid course and won't cost a lot--you could actually walk there though if you have clubs, that wouldn't be fun. ;) As far as wine lists go, any of the nicer restaurants will have a good one. In particular, Charlie's L'Etoile Verte has a very nice wine list and focuses on French wines though has some selections from other wine growing regions. , Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana has a solid list, as well, and though they say they focus on Italian wines, there list is actually more like a 50-50 split between Italy and the rest of the world, especially California. The best focused wine list we've found (not that we have an exhaustive list, mind you) is OMBRA Cucina whose listing primarily deals with Italian varietals from their many regions and DOCs. The food is marvelous, too.
Thank You!! I will take these recommendations to her and see what piques her interest. I am not a wine person, so I have water or soda.

How is the shuttle to the beach? and is there a shuttle schedule posted somewhere? is the beach nice or should I drive to a different beach?

How is the shuttle to the beach? and is there a shuttle schedule posted somewhere? is the beach nice or should I drive to a different beach?
Hi! Me again. The shuttle runs roughly every 20 minutes (though I forget the hours) and is easy AND convenient. You can also drive to the Disney beach house, but you need to get there fairly early as the parking lot is small. Alternately, you can bike there or even walk, though it's something like 1.5+ miles to get there. The beach itself is very nice, part of the larger beach area in the part of HHI. We've also stayed at the Marriott resort on the beach (a few hundred yards away from the Disney beach house), and we've loved the beach. You can walk a long way in either direction and enjoy a marvelous beach. I wouldn't bother to drive anywhere else as this is an excellent beach.

Another good course on the island is Dolphin Head (it used to be private, but went public a few years ago), in Hilton Head Plantation. Hilton Head National is just off island, good and usually less expensive.

Just popping in to ask if anyone has had experience with going in late march as far as whether or not the Surfman's Sandbar/Beach house Pool Bar would be open? We are going to be flying down on the 21st of March and staying a full week. I did call the front desk but they weren't sure. It sounded like it might be weather dependent? Basically I just want a Mickey Shave Ice hahaha and Pina Collava/the Moonshine drink I had last year in August.
They did say that the Pool House was open and I know that Signals (the pool house restaurant) is open on weekends. Not sure if that extends to weekdays in March??

Also has anyone flown into Hilton Head airport (not SAV) - it seems pretty small which is fine but I'm wondering about the car rental situation. Is there a place on site or would we have to go offsite?

Thanks!! We have typically driven in the past but now that American does direct flights we are flying.

Just popping in to ask if anyone has had experience with going in late march as far as whether or not the Surfman's Sandbar/Beach house Pool Bar would be open? We are going to be flying down on the 21st of March and staying a full week. I did call the front desk but they weren't sure. It sounded like it might be weather dependent? Basically I just want a Mickey Shave Ice hahaha and Pina Collava/the Moonshine drink I had last year in August.
They did say that the Pool House was open and I know that Signals (the pool house restaurant) is open on weekends. Not sure if that extends to weekdays in March??

Also has anyone flown into Hilton Head airport (not SAV) - it seems pretty small which is fine but I'm wondering about the car rental situation. Is there a place on site or would we have to go offsite?

Thanks!! We have typically driven in the past but now that American does direct flights we are flying.

We were there for Spring Break 2 years ago- Beach House was open/pool/restaurant but not the bar.

We stayed here for the first time in January. After 100s of trips to WDW, we decided to drive (first time) from the dc area. We stopped at HH 2 nights down and 1 night home. We enjoyed it. The CMs were the nicest we’ve ever encountered. Everyone was so helpful and full of information and advice for the area. We are thinking of doing it again. I must admit that the rooms look a little shabby. The sofa looked so bad, it needed to be thrown out years ago. Those are easy fixes. You can’t beat the points in January!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts