HHI Questions

poohfriend9

GO GATORS!
We will be staying at HHI and want to know what do we need to bring?

Are there dish soap, pots & pans and paper towels already in the kitchen or do need to bring? We wanted to cook breakfast in and go out to dinner in the area.

Are all the 2 bedroom units upstairs and spread out on property or are any in main building?

All 2BR have kitchens with pots, pans, dishsoap, paper towels. There will be 1 use of laundry soap too. They have the big shampoo pumps, and body wash and conditioner, in the shower. They no longer have the little notepad and pen by the telephone. All 2 BR villas are in other buildings, not in the main lodge with the elevator and check in desk (#11 and #12). All 1st floor villas are up a level of steps as the buildings are on stilts for if water comes up. I will attach a map of resort:

Main lodge (#11 and #12) have all 1BR and studios (really lock off 2BR villas but they only use those as studios and 1BR). The other buildings have 2BR dedicated villas (so 1 door in). I'd request top floor, if can handle all the flights of stairs, because the sound above can be noisy with the hard flooring.

There is a Kroger nearby...in Shelter Cove center next to resort (like .8 mile walk). Lots of great dining around there too. We love Poseidon, World of Beer and Giuseppe's. Heard GREAT things about Jane's Bistro too. Then in the marina the resort is on, we LOVE Scott's and Bucci and Murray's was good too (look for happy hours and early bird specials). There is the HH social bakery in the marina too...very yummy. ANd these places give discount 10% for showing room key. Thursday nights Poseidon has a dueling piano show in their rooftop bar. Very good show. Though not sure if it's every week in off season.

Then on island we love Frosty Frog, Frankie Bones, Marley's Island Grill, Crazy Crab and Skull Creek Boathouse. Tip for Skull Creek...go for lunch at like 11:30. Or an early dinner as that place can have a LONG wait sometimes. And no Friday or Saturday nights.

Last edited:
Added some stuff above. If I think of more I will add to this post. Any questions, ask. We LOVE LOVE LOVE the island!

Supposed to be really good seafood buffet in Sonesta resort at Heywards on Fridays from 5pm to 9;30pm. Might be expensive. But supposed to be good.

Unless you need a really specific type of pot, pan, or baking dish, they will have what you need. I usually bring a few laundry pods and dryer sheets. HHI is my favorite place...lots of great dining places with easy walking or biking distance, lots of resort activities. One great bakery in the center across from the resort.

No more notepad by the phone??? We visit HHI every year around my son's birthday and we have a tradition of using the notepad to make him little birthday notes (that he still has). Pity.

LOVE HHI. We bike to the Kroger shopping center and the beach house every day.

Adding on to this thread- we want to take our 5 and 7 year old there next summer. Is there enough to do at the resort/area for a week, or is that too much time?

Adding on to this thread- we want to take our 5 and 7 year old there next summer. Is there enough to do at the resort/area for a week, or is that too much time?
I think so. The resort offers activities daily, crafts and water activities and pool games/parties and fireside story telling/smores making and there is cornhole and shuffleboard and hammocks and I think a playground somewhere and basketball court. There is the beach, putt putt, biking, many various water activities, shopping and tons of dining. There is a nice movie theater in case it rains. Can do a day trip to Savannah. That said, I think our longest stay was 5 nights and that was nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter