• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HHI trip report 6/24 - 6/29

bthrsoon

Mouseketeer

Just back from HHI! Had a wonderful time. My cast, me, DH, DS13, DD9

Sunday
Check in around 1:30 pm just as B'Lou is bringing out Shadow for a meet and greet (DD is delighted). We are in building 16 overlooking marina about halfway between the lodge and the pool.
After unpacking, we go to the pool before the slide closes.
Then, we get some breakfast groceries at Piggly Wiggly and head out for a late lunch/early dinner at Guiseppi's. Dinner was very good and inexpensive. The campfire is fun but rather than s'mores, we get Mickey ice cream bars before a quick dip in the hot tub before bed.

Monday
We drive to the beach house at 9am and we appear to be the first ones there, no other cars. We loved the beach house! We spend most of the day there. DS enjoys the arcade, foosball table and ping-pong table. We all love the beach and the pool. Signals is convenient, tasty and the view is awesome. When we need a break from the sun, DD and I play board games in Surfman's Station. Oh, and Surfman's Sand Bar makes an awesome drink, the banana bomb.
At 2pm, DD and I make shark tooth necklaces with the naturalist and learn about sharks. We eat dinner at San Miguels and see Shannon Tanner's show at Shelter Cove in the evening.

Tuesday
Up for another day of fun in the sun at the beach house, which is basically a repeat of yesterday. At 5pm, DH and DD go to Shadow's funny bunny hunt and DD gets some quality petting time with Shadow. We had a great time at the barbeque the food is good and the party is awesome. DH and DD do the ice cream drop. We all have a great time and the evening ends with fireworks!

Wednesday
We have blackberry/blueberry stuffed french toast at Signe's for breakfast and it is sooo yummy! DD goes to Tiaras and Treasure Chests (this was her very favorite activity). Only 4 kids (2 boys, 2 girls) are signed up and this was such a great time for DD. We spend time at both the pool and the beach house before DD, DH and DS, go fishin' for the Big Murgie. DD makes a craft, big Murgie and then they do a little fishing from the pier. DS goes on the Teen Mini-Golf & Adventure Cove excursion and when we pick him up at the community hall, DD gets in line to get a s'more at the campfire.

Thursday
More time at the beach house. DD and I meet the naturalist to learn about sea turtles at 11am. Signals for a quick lunch. Then DD makes a character pillow and we all learn about solar energy and make a solar oven to cook s'mores. We all enjoy the Edmunds Family Low Country Boil tonight. I really enjoyed this event. It was casual, not very crowded and the food was excellent. DD participates in the band with B'Lou. Then, we end the evening hunting for shark's teeth on the beach.

Friday
Our last day, already! More time at the beach house before DD goes to the UnBirthday party at 1:30. After that, we head home.

We had such a great vacation. It was our first trip to HHI and we liked it equally to Vero (and we love Vero). I enjoyed HHI for its laid back charm and I liked the planned activities too!

I did a double-take to make sure I wasn't reading a different version of my own trip report. I think we were shadowing you. My dd was the one that caught the baby shark at the Big Murgie fishing. We made pillows and did the solar ovens too. You must have been there! We also did the shrimp boil and my kids did the rhythm band. We were right by the shuffle board during the ice cream drop.....small, small world!

Glad you had fun!

My family must have left before your DD caught the baby shark but I think I figured out which family you were. Have you figured out us? Your DH was in the DVC shirt at the Shrimp Boil, right?

Add me to the list that thought you were writing our trip report. We also had just finished checking in when B'Lou brought Shadow out. We also shopped Sunday night at Piggly Wiggly and ate at Guisseppe's. We did the Shark Tooth necklaces I had my daughter and two sons they were sitting at the front table on the right side of the room when you are standing at the back. We were also among the first people to arrive at the beach that Monday.

My family must have left before your DD caught the baby shark but I think I figured out which family you were. Have you figured out us? Your DH was in the DVC shirt at the Shrimp Boil, right?

Wow! You are right....my dh did have his DVC shirt on that night. We were sitting over by Signals. We had a high chair for my dd2. I wondered if other DIS'ers were floating around!

Excellent report... Thanks for taking the time to include details of what HHI has to offer.

Hey STARBOX... remember a few months ago me asking you what a "Low Country Boil" was? That was the first time I had heard the term, but since I have come in contact with a couple people referring to it too. Weird... Yesterday we spent the evening at our neighbors house and guess what the had for dinner.... yep. Funny how you can go your whole life not knowing about something and then it's like common day stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter