HHI Trip Report

LUVDVC

Earning My Ears
We just came back from eight glorious nights at HHI. We thought we had prepared for our first trip at our home resort by reading everything we could, so we were sure it would be great. But it was even more wonderful than we anticipated.

First, the staff is outstanding. The CMs seem to pop out of nowhere and rescue parents from tired or bored children. Our kids just clicked with Thad and Stephano who took them out on a golf clinic then played with them at the pool, in the community center, and at other events, including the fireworks. Crystal and Carolyn made our boys feel like two little kings. Disney has obviously gone out of its way in attracting outgoing, happy, and positive-thinking people. It shows.

We luckily ended up with a marsh view, which was outstanding. I couldn't wait to get up each morning and get out onto the deck with my coffee, binoculars, and bird guide book. What a restful view. At night, I sat in the rocker and watched the heat lightning. The weather itself turned out to be an event. With such a broad, open sky, you can watch the storms form in a matter of minutes, then pass over you.

The activites were well-planned and fun. We enjoyed the Longview Cooking class and Wine Tasting with Chef Gordon. We can't wait to try the Private Affair.

We also enjoyed the Secrets of the Marsh, the Resort Nature Walk, and the Beach Nature Walk with Eric, who displays talent not only as the naturalist who clearly knows an incredible amount about the land and history, but also as the campfire leader who changes personalities to entertain the kids and adults alike before leading them to s'mores.

I could go on for hours, but I'll just summarize by saying that HHI is Disney at its best and is staffed with talent and heart. We just can't wait to go back.

Thanks for the glowing report. We also just returned and found the same experience.

We have already scheduled "A Private Affair" for our next trip to HH.

Glad you had such a positive experience. Sorry we didn't meet each other! Maybe next time! :)

Hi, Doc. My husband and I were on the Behind the Ears tour with you last week, though we didn't introduce ourselves. Hope we see you at HHI next year (we're planning for the same week).

If you're returning within the next year, you'll have to let us know how the "Private Affair" works out. I'm just sure it will be special.

Carolyn

Hope we see you at HHI next year (we're planning for the same week).

Our trip to HH is already penciled on the calendar for the same week next year. See you then! :)

We were at DVC-HH last week too! I heard that Doc was around, but never managed to (knowingly) lay eyes on him.

A word on Chef Gordon's "A Private Affair". Last Friday night was our second "Affair" with Gordon;) and it was even better than the first. The food and wine were superb--he's a wonderful chef and host. He served a chocolate dessert that was to die for!

sweetp0618
Patti

Chef Gordon mentioned that Patti was at the resort when we took the "Behind the Ears" tour.

Sorry I missed you again this year! Next year for sure!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter