Hi all..planning our trip for May10-14 and have questions!~

ducky921

Earning My Ears
Hi..WE are planning our umm...I guess about 9th trip to WDW in May. Have the 2 of us(mom and dad) and our 3 kiddos going(7,4 and almost 5)....First off, my almost 5yo will be celebrating his bday while at Disney! Do they do anything special for birthday boys at Disney? This trip is especially important to us for him, because Chan is autistic and it is our first trip to WDW since his dx. I am hoping that with reasonable accomadations this trip will be the best yet. Also, we are staying at PO-R. Any thoughts or suggestions on what building to ask for? We already have the reservation, but I know we can call back with requests...Also, childcare at Disney...any suggestions on that? Thanks in advance for any info! :)

At MK go to guest relations and get a birthday pin. CM's go out of their way to say happy birthday to whomever is wearing the pin. Also when you check in tell them what situation and they might go out of their way and do something special for your son. One thing I did last year was I emailed WDW and asked them if they could send my son an autograph picture of his favorite character. I went on to explain to them that my son has a learning disability and had worked hard all year long and was finally going to be mainstreamed the next year of school. Totally forgot about sending the email but my son got an envelope in the mail (addressed to Master Brian). It was an autograph picture from Tigger with his friends saying he could not wait until my son came down to visit. My son thought it was the best thing. Also heard that if you go to a restaurant and you tell them that it is someone's birthday they might sing happy birthday. Good luck.

I went and read the other board...that was interesting. I have had a lot of help from the DISability board here...back when we were first working on the trip. I am sooo ready for this trip to just get here. We have been in the middle of a major ice storm and warm and sunny Flordia sure does sound GREAT. As well as just being able to relax and not think about anything! Thanks for the replies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter