Hi Everyone!! I need your support and ideas!

Mermaid02

DIS Veteran
I have osteonecrosis in my left hip and the words "hip replacement" have been used! :earseek: I am NOT ready for that- I'm only 37 and they're good for about 15 years. I need to take off some weight (ideally 40 pounds) but I'm going to have to do it without exercise. Can this be done??? Any ideas for me? I might look into water aerobics but that is about all I could do at this point. I know the hip will feel better if I can take off the weight.... thus reducing the use of the words "hip replacement".....

Mermaid -

I also have osteoarthritis (both knees).....Every pound you can take off will be like taking 4 pounds of pressure off your hip!! Choose a food lifestyle that works for you and take it one day at a time!! Drink water and THEN drink alot more......I think that is one of the most important things to do.

I also am limited to what exercise I can do......try the water aerobics or just swimming. I feel no pain. How about using the balance ball? or yoga......you can always modify your exercises to keep yourself pain free.

Good Luck - know you can do it.

Have a Magical Disney Day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter