Hi, I am new and have a question about the dining plan, can someone help me out?

hi , I have a reservation through a friends dvc. If Disney cancels, they will only give credit to original form of payment. I no longer have that credit card account open. I asked her if they can credit it to another card or Disney gift card. She said they will not. How am I to get my money back then if they stay closed?

hi , I have a reservation through a friends dvc. If Disney cancels, they will only give credit to original form of payment. I no longer have that credit card account open. I asked her if they can credit it to another card or Disney gift card. She said they will not. How am I to get my money back then if they stay closed?
Whoever's name the reservation is under needs to call Disney and get help with that.

She did and that is what she said she was told. I am concerned and wanted to reach out for more information.

I believe your bank will cut you a check. If you completely closed accounts and no longer do business with the financial institution, the bank will cut you a check after receiving the credit to your closed account. I'd contact the financial institution and make sure they have up-to-date contact info. If you canceled one card and opened a new one (such as the account was compromised), the credit will automatically roll to the new card.

This may be so, but regardless, this is a ridiculous inconvenience. I am not happy about this and will not be putting myself in this position again. It’s my reservation and my account it was placed. If I am due a refund by their canceling, it should be done with the least inconvenience to me. How they refund me should be my choice.

What would you like to know, Have been going for 13 years and use the dinning plan every year.
Hi , I have a reservation through a friend with her dvc points. It was made almost 11 mos ago. At the time married. I put the dining plan on our joint credit card. I no longer have that credit card. I opened my own account. The reservation is in my name. If Disney does not open and I wanted to be credited my dining plan to my new card or a disney gift card. DVC told my friend that they only credit to the original form a payment. I no longer have access to that account.

That's true to extent, there is always some exception to every rule. Just call and if they cast member is not willing to help, Just ask to speak to a supervisor. I had this happen as my credit card was stolen and the account changed. I explained that to the supervisor and he was more then happy to help as long as it was a credit card in my name. things like this happen all the time.

Was final payment made? Here's the thing, things are changing on a regular basis with dates that are currently cancelled. Asking what may happen on a reservation that hasn't been cancelled due to the virus you will probably get a mixed bag of responses, even from Disney. They are going to go by what the current, non-interrupted policy would be. I wouldn't expect them to give a definitive answer on something that may or may not happen. It's similar to the airlines, policy is changing daily.

I'd call back and see if you can explain the situation to a manager and see if they can change the form of payment that's on the reservation now, which could make cancelling easier later.

That's true to extent, there is always some exception to every rule. Just call and if they cast member is not willing to help, Just ask to speak to a supervisor. I had this happen as my credit card was stolen and the account changed. I explained that to the supervisor and he was more then happy to help as long as it was a credit card in my name. things like this happen all the time.
Thank you, that is what I though. I actually tried have 4 people still for dining ( I wanted my husbands dining credited back to me) they refused to credit the extra person to my new card or gift card. I am very frustrated by all this.

Was final payment made? Here's the thing, things are changing on a regular basis with dates that are currently cancelled. Asking what may happen on a reservation that hasn't been cancelled due to the virus you will probably get a mixed bag of responses, even from Disney. They are going to go by what the current, non-interrupted policy would be. I wouldn't expect them to give a definitive answer on something that may or may not happen. It's similar to the airlines, policy is changing daily.

I'd call back and see if you can explain the situation to a manager and see if they can change the form of payment that's on the reservation now, which could make cancelling easier later.
Hi, I did try and have my husbands dining plan fee credited back to my new card before the virus and they refused to put on my new card. I have a dining plan for 4 people and only 3 are going. Myself and my two daughters.

So the reservation isn't canceled, you're trying to drop 1 person from the party? By any chance was the original reservation put in your husband's name and his credit card (even if a joint credit card account at the time)? If so, that may be the issue. He's listed as the primary on the reservation and the primary can't be dropped. If you can't get him dropped, you and your daughters can share his dining credits and hit up some signature dining. Not the best solution, but an option.

The other challenging aspect is that this is a DVC rental reservation. I believe the DVC owner (your friend) will need to make all contact regarding changes to the reservation and argue your case for you if there are extenuating circumstances - and that contact would be done via DVC Member Services not the regular reservation line. But I also don't know if a dining plan change can be made to a DVC reservation because that is usually a "pay in full" transaction. You might find more knowledgeable responses on the DVC Resorts Forum rather than here on the Welcome Board.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter