Hi it's me- you want some pretzel?- a sisters' Dec 2019 USO/WDW trip! new 1/24!

We weren't 100% sure who this Seuss character was, but some quick googling informed us he was Guy-Am-I (the man who Sam-I-am is trying to convince to try green eggs and ham). #themoreyouknow

This is my favorite book growing up and I didn't know that he was from this book.

I’m not a huge show person, just never really made the effort to see them in the parks… But Grinchmas looks cute. Maybe we should have tried to see it when we went… maybe we will next time we are there in December.

And now I want donuts.

Not a bad deal. Were there plenty of refill stations? Ever have trouble finding one?

Basically any place that sold fountain soda was a refill location so there's a good number of them. The QS restaurant places are included but unless you're getting food there, the lines are usually too long to be worth it. The ICEEs were a little trickier because different stands had different flavors so if you wanted a certain flavor, sometimes it was annoying but I had fun trying all different ones so it didn't bother me too much. I don't think there are any refill locations in the Harry Potter areas though.

Orlando Informer Event Check-In

Even though we probably could have slept the rest of the day away, we had big plans for the night.

So we set our alarms to get back up and headed back to the parks around 3 pm.

View of Volcano Bay from our room!

I had been looking at DSLR cameras for a couple months leading up to this trip but was having trouble pulling the trigger on buying one. Just before the trip, Mike surprised me with one as an early Christmas gift so I could take it on this trip. :love:

I didn't bring it in the parks that morning because of the rain but I was bringing it now and as I was driving back, Kim took the opportunity to test it out.

So enjoy this lovely photo documentation of our drive.

Universal's newest resort was on the corner of where we were staying.

Luckily, we had no issues showing our parking receipt from earlier. We parked and got through security and were on Citiwalk at 3:19.

This mini golf course looks pretty cool and I want to actually try it one day.

For the Orlando Informer event, everyone was assigned to check-in at either Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure. We were assigned to Universal so that's the way we headed.

There were tables set up to the right of the park entrance to check-in and this ended up being a great time to do it since there was almost no line. We were given light-up wristbands which served as our identification that we had tickets for the event, a map indicating the food and dessert table options for the event, buttons saying which number meet up this was for you (1st for us!) and rain ponchos. We were also given a phone number to text if we had any questions during the event.

Since we had day park tickets, we were able to go into the park right away. If you only had event tickets, you were able to enter the parks at 5 pm. They closed at 7 pm and the event ran until 12:30 pm.

There was a cute photo op at the park entrance with a Universal photographer taking pictures. Even though we didn't have the photo package this time, she was happy to take some with our camera.

She led us through the same standard photo poses we learned in October .:rotfl:

There were some characters out meeting as we entered so we stopped for Despicable Me characters.

My sister spotted the Hello Kitty store and it was all over after that. When we were younger, her entire room was Hello Kitty themed. Literally, if they made it with Hello Kitty on it, we owned it so this store was her version of paradise.

Conveniently, this was a location on the Christmas tree hunt.

There was a bunch of merchandise with Hello Kitty staring in Universal movies which we thought was adorable. My favorite was E.T.

Orlando Informer Event Check In part 2

We continued on and the park was surprisingly empty.

I like the santa hats on the lamp posts.

Beetlejuice was hanging out so we joined him.

He was very amused by my "real" camera and was yelling at teenagers walking by that they probably don't even know that it's a camera. :rotfl:

When we swapped out for pictures, he said "Are you ready?" I said yes and he said okay here goes and this was the end product. :lmao:

We decided to go on E.T. adventure. It was posted as a 15 minute wait but it was really a walk on.

This ride brings me straight back to my childhood :love:

Even though we just got there, we had to head back out of the park. For the event, they were using virtual line passes for Pterandon Flyers, which you usually can only ride if you have a child with you. The passes were being distributed outside Toothsome at 4:30 on a first-come basis.

Some of the performers from the Christmas parade were out entertaining and these guys were lovely enough to pose for a picture for me.

We got in line at 4:28 and it was LONG.

It was super well organized though and they came through the line passing out the tickets and we were done by 4:40.

After another mini photo shoot, we headed back into the park for more fun!

When we went back in, we were going to look for a spot to watch the Christmas parade from but on the way we saw Despicable Me with only a 10 minute wait so we stopped.

I played around with my camera in line.

This was our first experience with the 3d-less minions (I think- I don't think I went on it in October) and it seemed strange to me. I'm not sure what went into the decision to get rid of it.

To no one's surprise, there was a minions Christmas tree in the gift shop!

After our ride, we continued on to find spots for the parade. I had read online to get a spot near the Mummy, across from the Christmas tree because Santa does a tree lighting ceremony here during the parade. We were able to get a spot here behind a mom with a double stroller and it worked out perfectly!

Up next: Christmas parade!

Basically any place that sold fountain soda was a refill location so there's a good number of them.
Thanks. :)
The QS restaurant places are included but unless you're getting food there, the lines are usually too long to be worth it. The ICEEs were a little trickier because different stands had different flavors so if you wanted a certain flavor, sometimes it was annoying but I had fun trying all different ones so it didn't bother me too much. I don't think there are any refill locations in the Harry Potter areas though.
And thanks for the tip.
Not sure (as is everyone) when I'll get back there again. And right now, I'm not drinking pop, so it may be a moot point. But... we'll see!
I had been looking at DSLR cameras for a couple months leading up to this trip but was having trouble pulling the trigger on buying one. Just before the trip, Mike surprised me with one as an early Christmas gift so I could take it on this trip. :love:
Wow! Nice! What kind? What lens?
So enjoy this lovely photo documentation of our drive.
Well... you look fairly happy.
This mini golf course looks pretty cool and I want to actually try it one day.
That does look cool... and I never saw it. I guess it's between parking and park?
and rain ponchos
:eek: Ponchos! At Disney those are over $3,000 each!
There was a cute photo op at the park entrance
Matching Tees!
She led us through the same standard photo poses we learned in October .:rotfl:
:laughing: So you're pros!
There were some characters out meeting as we entered so we stopped for Despicable Me characters.
Don't recognize her. Guess I need to watch again.
My sister spotted the Hello Kitty store and it was all over after that.
:laughing:
We continued on and the park was surprisingly empty.
The place is dead!
I like the santa hats on the lamp posts.
Me too. Cute. :)
He was very amused by my "real" camera and was yelling at teenagers walking by that they probably don't even know that it's a camera. :rotfl:
:lmao:
When we swapped out for pictures, he said "Are you ready?" I said yes and he said okay here goes and this was the end product. :lmao:
:rotfl: You don't look uncomfortable at all!
This ride brings me straight back to my childhood :love:
Me too. :)
But... I hate the ending.
Even though we just got there, we had to head back out of the park. For the event, they were using virtual line passes for Pterandon Flyers, which you usually can only ride if you have a child with you.
What???? Lucky!!! I wanted to ride that so bad!
We got in line at 4:28 and it was LONG.
It was super well organized though and they came through the line passing out the tickets and we were done by 4:40.
That's not bad at all!
This was our first experience with the 3d-less minions
I'm sorry, what? They took the 3d out of minions???? Why?

Nice! What a guy!

and rain ponchos.

Thank goodness!

There was a cute photo op at the park entrance with a Universal photographer taking pictures. Even though we didn't have the photo package this time, she was happy to take some with our camera.

Cute! I love your matching shirts :thumbsup2

My sister spotted the Hello Kitty store and it was all over after that.

Ok, so I hate Hello Kitty and it has really nothing to do with poor Hello Kitty. Years ago I took my daughter to see Mary Poppins on Broadway and we were walking around Times Square when Hello Kitty came over and put her arm around DD so as to encourage me to take a picture. I did and then she was insisting on me giving her $2.00 and she kept saying it over and over and being very rude. I've hated HK ever since :rotfl: (I'm not a big fan of Times Square either :sad2: )

Yikes, he's kind of scary :scared1:

Even though we just got there, we had to head back out of the park. For the event, they were using virtual line passes for Pterandon Flyers, which you usually can only ride if you have a child with you. The passes were being distributed outside Toothsome at 4:30 on a first-come basis.

That seems like a lot of work for maybe not a great ride….I mean, it's no ROTR :confused3

This was our first experience with the 3d-less minions (I think- I don't think I went on it in October) and it seemed strange to me. I'm not sure what went into the decision to get rid of it.

Wait, what? They took out the 3D? On purpose??

The Hello Kitty tree is so cute! And I love the merch of her in different Universal movies!

Sounds like a good start to your night! It's cool that for the event you are able to ride the Pterandon Flyers!

The Grinch show looks pretty entertaining!
Yum to Voodoo Donuts 🍩
Very cool to be there for an Orlando Informer meet-up.
The park looks very quiet, yay! I didn’t realize the 3D is not part of the Minions anymore, we were there in August and it was still 3D.
Beetle juice looks like a fun meet
Hello Kitty is so cute and the store is fun!

We actually managed to accidentally meet Hello Kitty in February 2019! It was a delightful meet, she is adorable.

I still haven't done the minions show, despite two visits to Universal... I guess I'll get to it eventually... haha.

I find it funny that Beetlejuice yelled to teens that they probably don't know what a camera is! Every once in awhile when I want to take a picture I'll look for my phone but say "let me get my camera" or "where's my camera" and the kids think it's hysterical in a mom-is-embarrassing kind of way lol.

Hooray, I’m really enjoying your trip report!
Don’t you just love an OD of Christmas trees when Spring is kicking in?!
Thanks for sharing!

Late to the party, but joining in!
I never really looked into Universal Studios, sounds like a lot of fun so far! And I love the Christmas tree hunt!
I have to say I am jealous of the sisters only trip... that is amazing! I hope to be able to do something like that some day with one of my sisters!
Can’t wait to read more!

Not sure (as is everyone) when I'll get back there again. And right now, I'm not drinking pop, so it may be a moot point. But... we'll see!

Yeah if you don't drink soda, I wouldn't recommend it probably unless you're going in the heat and will drink a ton of ICEEs! My body is probably 80% diet coke, so it works out great for me.

Wow! Nice! What kind? What lens?

It's a canon rebel t6. Pretty basic for those experienced I guess but for me it's perfect because I'm still learning how to use it. I have a long lens, a short lens and a fish eye lens (highly technical names I'm sure)

That does look cool... and I never saw it. I guess it's between parking and park?

Yeah- I'm not 100% sure where the actual entrance is but you see it when you're on the moving walkways on Citiwalk!

:eek: Ponchos! At Disney those are over $3,000 each!

Seriously!

:rotfl: You don't look uncomfortable at all!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

What???? Lucky!!! I wanted to ride that so bad!

It was much more intense than I was expecting!

I'm sorry, what? They took the 3d out of minions???? Why?

:confused3:confused3 I have no idea! It's very strange to me though.

Nice! What a guy!

🥰 🥰 🥰

Cute! I love your matching shirts :thumbsup2

Thank you! :love:

Ok, so I hate Hello Kitty and it has really nothing to do with poor Hello Kitty. Years ago I took my daughter to see Mary Poppins on Broadway and we were walking around Times Square when Hello Kitty came over and put her arm around DD so as to encourage me to take a picture. I did and then she was insisting on me giving her $2.00 and she kept saying it over and over and being very rude. I've hated HK ever since :rotfl: (I'm not a big fan of Times Square either :sad2: )

Oo those Times Square performers are scary! I would hold a grudge from that too!

That seems like a lot of work for maybe not a great ride….I mean, it's no ROTR :confused3

lol true! But it was the only way for us to get to ride without kidnapping a little kid lol

Wait, what? They took out the 3D? On purpose??

Yes! I don't know why :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!