Hi it's me- you want some pretzel?- a sisters' Dec 2019 USO/WDW trip! new 1/24!

I'm terribly late, but here! I'm all-in for a sisters trip - my trips with my sister are some of my favorites!

Welcome! You're not that late- we haven't even made it through day one! :rotfl: :rotfl: I love sister trips too!

Goodness, did you pack all of that into the first day?! How were you not collapsing by the beginning of the Orlando Informer event? :laughing:

I'm not really sure! We were powered by adrenaline and our power nap I guess lol.

I really enjoy Seussland, including The Cat in the Hat and the Car-seuss-el. I do love carousels! I'm also a fan of the High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride - hopefully you had a chance to ride that on your trip, too.

Seussland is so well done and adorable! I can't wait to take my son there!

I visited the original Voodoo Donut a few years ago when I was traveling for a wedding. It was quite delicious!

Oo where's the original one?

The Orlando Informer event sounds AMAZING - short lines and free food are two of the best things that could happen in a theme park. I'm so glad you found the churro cart as I'm sure you were starving! It's funny how usually "okay" things taste incredible when (1) you're hungry, and (2) when that's your only option. :rotfl:

The event was so much fun! I can't wait to attend another one in the future. I know lol- usually churros do nothing for me but at that point they were magical!

Hope things are calming down at least a little for you work wise.

They are thankfully!

Things are starting to get back to “normal” here, I’m even going into work 3 days a week (our building is at 20% capacity for “phase 1”).

It's nice that some kinda normal is coming back. My mom's office is doing something similar but she's high risk so not going back yet.

Holiday parades are always more fun than other parades! What a great tip for where to stake out a spot for the tree lighting!

They really are!

I am very good motivated, so I would have been with your sister on the hangry train... so glad you found churros!

I am too- the churros really saved the day!

And that’s a pretty impressive score on MIB in my books!!

Thanks! In my books too lol I don't expect to repeat it ever again.

I can't wait to take my son there!

You found out you are having a boy?! How exciting! I found out what I was having, too... it made it so much more fun to decorate the nursery and buy clothes and other things. Congratulations!

Oo where's the original one?

It's in Portland, Oregon. It's a SMALL shop - people just wait in line to grab their donuts and go. I was there maybe 10 years ago and was VERY excited to visit after hearing about them on either the Food Network or the Travel Channel. It didn't disappoint!

You found out you are having a boy?! How exciting! I found out what I was having, too... it made it so much more fun to decorate the nursery and buy clothes and other things. Congratulations!

Yesss! 💙 💙 Sorry I announced it on my other TR lol- I felt weird to post the updates in two places. I'm so impatient, I had to know as soon as possible. I give people a lot of credit who can wait to find out because I'm sure it's so exciting in the delivery room but I just have no patience lol.

It's in Portland, Oregon. It's a SMALL shop - people just wait in line to grab their donuts and go. I was there maybe 10 years ago and was VERY excited to visit after hearing about them on either the Food Network or the Travel Channel. It didn't disappoint!

Oo that makes sense since they have a Portland donut I think lol. I would like to see Portland and the original shop sometime!

Tacos and Desserts!

So, since I'm currently competing for the worst Diser ever title, I started this update about 2 1/2 weeks ago and never made it back to finish it :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 . I'm working the next 3 days so I'm gonna just post the short update I have, and in theory, try to come back Saturday to pick back up! Thanks to anyone sticking with me!

-------------

After being magically revived by our churros, we continued our trip around the park.

Since we were near Men In Black, the next ride we came to was the Simpsons ride. I believe I've expressed already that this isn't my favorite ride because it's one of the few rides that makes me nauseous. However, Kimberly said she didn't think she'd ever been on it which seemed crazy to me so I sucked it up.

We didn't grow up watching the Simpsons (my mom didn't let us 🤷‍♀️ ), so neither of us have an attachment to it. I think Kimberly liked the ride ok but it certainly wasn't going to the top of her must do list either.

Tacos, on the other hand, always make it to the must do list and when we got off our ride, we found Bumblebee Man's taco truck already serving so we got on line!

The line was pretty long but moved quickly since everything was free and in the end I think we waited all of 10 minutes which wasn't a big deal to us at all. The women behind us, however, seemed to think this was the end of the world and grumped about the wait the entire time. :confused3

The full menu was being served (alcohol wasn't included in the free food though) but with only one taco and chips instead of the two you usually get. Again, this was fine with me because it meant more room to try food through the night but the grumpy gils weren't happy. Um hello, it's free... just ask for two orders!

I got the Korean Beef taco and pink lemonade and Kim got the chicken taco and a bottle of water.

We were both very happy with our first real food since breakfast (other than churros and doughnuts lol).

We sat at tables right outside of the indoor food court in the Simpsons area and the entire time we were eating, people kept coming to the front door to try to go in and get food. For some reason, only the door on the other side was open for the event so we, along with another table, became the door monitors while we were eating. I'm not sure if anyone took over the responsibility when we all left lol so Universal probably should've considered a sign.

When we were done eating, we continued on past Mel's Drive In and found one of the dessert stations set up for the event. Um....Yes please!

Orlando Informer had set up a lot of standing tables to enjoy your desserts on, but we chose to eat them on the go.

YUM.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a group of Universal monsters hanging out and my little Halloween loving heart got so excited!

Of course, I ran over to snap a photo but apparently it was supposed to be a private media thing and one of their photographers made a comment about how they weren't there for guests to photograph. :confused3 Well, it's a public theme park what did you expect to happen? Weird.

Anyway, we moved on to our next attraction and found the Universal streets almost completely empty! What a glorious sight. :love:

The only logical thing to do was have a photo shoot!

One should never complain about free food. :rolleyes: It's too bad the person behind you in line was having such a bad time that evening!

Your photo shoot looked fun!

So, since I'm currently competing for the worst Diser ever title,
Here's your medal:
I believe I've expressed already that this isn't my favorite ride because it's one of the few rides that makes me nauseous.
Sheesh. Everyone I know says that. Including me.
so I sucked it up.
I would too for someone who's never been. But I'll probably skip it otherwise, now.
We didn't grow up watching the Simpsons (my mom didn't let us 🤷‍♀️ )
That's.... anti-American!!
Tacos, on the other hand, always make it to the must do list
:laughing:
I think we waited all of 10 minutes which wasn't a big deal to us at all. The women behind us, however, seemed to think this was the end of the world and grumped about the wait the entire time. :confused3
Oh, the poor thing! If only there was a violinist to play for her torment.
The full menu was being served (alcohol wasn't included in the free food though)
No surprise there, but... wouldn't that make for an interesting party!
I got the Korean Beef taco and pink lemonade
Which is exactly what I would've gotten. How was it?
the entire time we were eating, people kept coming to the front door to try to go in and get food. For some reason, only the door on the other side was open for the event so we, along with another table, became the door monitors while we were eating. I'm not sure if anyone took over the responsibility when we all left lol so Universal probably should've considered a sign.
They should hire you. Just for that.
found one of the dessert stations set up for the event. Um....Yes please!
::yes::
Holy smokes! :eek:
Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a group of Universal monsters hanging out and my little Halloween loving heart got so excited!
Coooooollll!!!
Of course, I ran over to snap a photo but apparently it was supposed to be a private media thing and one of their photographers made a comment about how they weren't there for guests to photograph. :confused3 Well, it's a public theme park what did you expect to happen? Weird.
:sad2:
"Then maybe do the photoshoot after the park is closed?"
the Universal streets almost completely empty! What a glorious sight. :love:
Those are such cool shots!
The only logical thing to do was have a photo shoot!
:thumbsup2
I once was waiting in line for Raptor Encounter and a guy screamed that he had been waiting "a quarter of an hour" :rotfl:
:lmao:

Attachments

• 1594823904025.png
    1594823904025.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 0
I think it's smart that they served smaller food portions. Like you said, more room to try different items!!

Omg that desssert display looks divine!

Such cool photos of the park so empty!

I want to go to this event, everyone really enjoys it and the free food is such a plus!
I will put it on our list of must do future events!
I have not done the Simpson ride ever! I make Andi go on this alone!

I don't know why, but those tacos sound really good right now! And for the low price of free, I bet they were yummy. :rotfl:
Yeah, if you put characters out, especially during a special event, people are going to assume they are available for photographs. :confused3

Here's your medal:

why thank you. I shall treasure it forever.

I would too for someone who's never been. But I'll probably skip it otherwise, now.

Same.

That's.... anti-American!!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

No surprise there, but... wouldn't that make for an interesting party!

very interesting- especially with all the roller coasters lol

Which is exactly what I would've gotten. How was it?

Great minds think alike! It was very delicious! I've gotten those tacos before and they never disappoint.

They should hire you. Just for that.

I agree. We all have our strong suits.

"Then maybe do the photoshoot after the park is closed?"

You would think! :confused3

Those are such cool shots!

Thank you!

I don't know why, but those tacos sound really good right now! And for the low price of free, I bet they were yummy. :rotfl:

I can almost always be in the mood for tacos lol! And free tacos are my favorite type!

Yeah, if you put characters out, especially during a special event, people are going to assume they are available for photographs. :confused3

Exactly! And it's not like we approached to take pictures with them, we were just taking a picture of them which I feel is fair game in the middle of a theme park!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter