High inventory for Easter Break 2020!! A result of the Price Increases?

DLR also blocked out locals for most of the summer, which was idiotic. So much of DLR's traffic is local/in-state.

Reactions: cm8
DLR also blocked out locals for most of the summer, which was idiotic. So much of DLR's traffic is local/in-state.

That wasn't atypical - the local passes have had summer and holiday black outs for quite awhile. But they added more passes to the black out. It happened to include the one we had purchased for use - a higher price though not the top tier and one I've held a few times in the past decade because it did work for the times we visited DL- and shortly afterwards they announced the new blackouts. We were not happy to say the least.

Our spring break is always the first week of April no matter when Easter falls. I did look at inventory recently and was surprised how much availability there was during that week. But then Southwest opened their schedule today for that week. Ummmm, no. We won't be booking a trip. Airfare was CRAZY high. Not just SW, Allegiant as well. Allegiant wanted $375 each before bags and seats. :crazy2:

Our spring break is always the first week of April no matter when Easter falls. I did look at inventory recently and was surprised how much availability there was during that week. But then Southwest opened their schedule today for that week. Ummmm, no. We won't be booking a trip. Airfare was CRAZY high. Not just SW, Allegiant as well. Allegiant wanted $375 each before bags and seats. :crazy2:

I agree about flights - we were originally booked for late March at CCV for spring break but just changed it to Disney Hilton Head - we can drive and the points cost is SIGNIFICANTLY less. We'll be there a full 7 nights in a 1 bedroom for 161 points. Plus I adore that resort and the area - the CM's are amazing.

I agree about flights - we were originally booked for late March at CCV for spring break but just changed it to Disney Hilton Head - we can drive and the points cost is SIGNIFICANTLY less. We'll be there a full 7 nights in a 1 bedroom for 161 points. Plus I adore that resort and the area - the CM's are amazing.

We’ll be at DHHIR next month! It’s my favorite!

I believe Disney is continuing to gradually approach that price point where more and more people will just say no.

Look at the shakeup announced today, in the management of Disneyland. I don't feel that the low attendance at Disneyland was due to some planning or promotional error on their part. I just think they finally reached a point where they are starting to price themselves out of the market.

At Disneyland, a ONE DAY Park Hopper pass for the 'most popular' days is now approaching $250. For one day. Meanwhile, just up the road at Knott's Berry Farm, a one day adult pass runs between $55 and $85, depending on the day, and how you purchase it. I will admit that Knott's Berry Farm is not Disneyland, but all it is REALLY missing is the 'Disney Mystique.' However, even with that, if you took Knotts Berry Farm and picked it up and put it down across the street from Disneyland and called it the new, "Disneyland Americana Park" people would accept it without question as being part of Disney.

Knotts Berry Farm has a lot of fun rides, activities, shops, stores and 'things' in general. I went to Disneyland three different times this year, in April, May/June and July. As has been documented, DISNEYLAND WAS NOT NEARLY AS CROWDED AT YOU WOULD EXPECT. We also took some time to go to Knotts Berry Farm. Why not? It is so cheap in comparison that we could hardly resist. Some people in our party definitely liked Knotts Berry Farm a lot. Anyway, when we were there, it certainly SEEMED like Knotts Berry Farm was more crowded than Disneyland.

The point is, as Disney gets more and more expensive in general, with prices for just about EVERYTHING that is Disney rising CONSIDERABLY FASTER THAN INFLATION, and, since people have other good options for their entertainment dollar, I think you will start to see more and more of a fall off, in general, of attendance at ALL Disney resorts and parks. And it will gradually get worse.

Dollywood is not WDW, but we enjoy it a lot, especially for their festivals. We both have AP’s there, and have had them for years and years and both come to a total that’s under $300! DH’s pass gets us free parking and 20% discount on whatever we buy, including in restaurants.

I was checking the inventory for DVC studios in April (Easter Week) and noticed a large inventory still available at some of the high demand DVC resorts. Usually the only thing available for Easter week within the 7 month window is SSR.

Is the large DVC inventory for Easter Week a result of the price increases? Maybe Disney should repeat the past and offer the AP perk they had for a limited time to DVC members. Remember when they offered DVC members the Platinum Plus AP for the price of lower AP.

Hey thought I would just post this --I received this offer the other day -They still must be having a slow time filling rooms -

It’s a great time to run away to Walt Disney World® Resort Save up to 30 % on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels. For stays most nights 3/29–6/30/20.
so its the typical 30 -20 and 15 percent off

Hey thought I would just post this --I received this offer the other day -They still must be having a slow time filling rooms -

It’s a great time to run away to Walt Disney World® Resort Save up to 30 % on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels. For stays most nights 3/29–6/30/20.
so its the typical 30 -20 and 15 percent off

A couple of days ago I saw Riviera is the only WDW resort popping up on a credit card point booking site. Hadn't ever seen a Disney resort available there before.

A couple of days ago I saw Riviera is the only WDW resort popping up on a credit card point booking site. Hadn't ever seen a Disney resort available there before.

Thank you for this - I've been wanting to try out Riviera but am saving our points for a big family trip in 2021 so had resigned myself to having to wait until after that. I would never have looked on that site if not for your note. We booked a one bedroom at Riviera for one night at the end of our January BWV visit!

Thank you for this - I've been wanting to try out Riviera but am saving our points for a big family trip in 2021 so had resigned myself to having to wait until after that. I would never have looked on that site if not for your note. We booked a one bedroom at Riviera for one night at the end of our January BWV visit!

Glad that helped and enjoy your stay!

I saw your post and checked and was able to get two nights in AKV Value studio for spring break (thank you!). That's the only way we would go then as spring break is a bit point heavy for us. Maybe just luck, but does seem that there are quite a few studios available for it being spring break.

Oh, but the chocolate smell is really really good...

At first I read this to mean you'd have to skip a year because you ate all the chocolate eggs and got in trouble.

I will admit that we all fit rather nicely in a studio for ... 196 points for 6 nights and it was painful committing so many points for ... a studio.

Ouch. I think our 2 bedroom standard view for 6 nights at VGF earlier this month was 296 points. Then when we arrived there was some pixie dust in the air and we were upgraded to lake view on the 6th floor. It was nice, probably never happen again tho.

We always look forward to going for F&G to get in a mood for the seasonal change and to enjoy Easter week. I have booked our accommodations. What we haven't decided is whether we're going or not. I have until the end of January to decide if it's economically feasible, something we haven't really ever thought about before. See? Our Plat APs run out the week before Easter. We sucked it up and did it last year, but the price increases have gotten so ridiculous, that it's getting harder and harder to justify Plat passes. What needs to happen is that out-of-state APs shouldn't have black-out dates at all, or Plat should be offered to OOS guests at in-state Gold pricing levels.

The whole pricing structure has gotten too far out of whack. What I've got a good mind to do is just cancel, let everything expire, bank and stack points until the anniversary, and THEN RE-EVALUATE the entire situation. Are you paying attention, Disney executives? This is serious. I'm not the only one.

we really like flower and garden so we are going the week of easter. Good friday till the following sunday. maybe we will get lucky and it won't be nuts. airfare was off the wall. like silly expensive compared to every other holiday trip we have done in at least 10 years.

we really like flower and garden so we are going the week of easter. Good friday till the following sunday. maybe we will get lucky and it won't be nuts. airfare was off the wall. like silly expensive compared to every other holiday trip we have done in at least 10 years.
We did that exact same time period over Easter 2019 and the crowds really weren't too bad. Also make sure to book your FPs 60 days before your Good Friday arrival. Arriving that 1 extra day earlier really made a difference in FP availability (compared to stays when I've arrived on the weekend itself). We had a great time - the weather was perfect and MK opened "early" every day (8am instead of 9am) and stayed open until midnight most nights, which really helped even out the crowds.

We did that exact same time period over Easter 2019 and the crowds really weren't too bad. Also make sure to book your FPs 60 days before your Good Friday arrival. Arriving that 1 extra day earlier really made a difference in FP availability (compared to stays when I've arrived on the weekend itself). We had a great time - the weather was perfect and MK opened "early" every day (8am instead of 9am) and stayed open until midnight most nights, which really helped even out the crowds.

thanks for that. Last time we did Easter fast pass had just really started. It was a crazy busy week. I always do my fast passes right at 60 days. Last few trips we have been coming in Thursday or Friday vs a Saturday and I swear it makes getting fast passes forcthst following week easier. Or it’s in my head.

Coming in before Saturday for a whole week absolutely makes FPs easier to get. Also it's not that bad on Easter weekend itself because some families choose to celebrate at home and then come in on Sunday or Monday, if they have the following week off.

My wait list just came through to add two nights to the two nights we got in a value studio at Jambo on spring break. Wow I'm shocked, but this is great!!! Thanks again for posting about the high inventory!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!