High School Class of 2016/College Class 2020

Bumping this thread.

I don't think my son will be in the college class of 2020 unless he goes to school full time this summer and next. Sigh.
They didn't take as many of his transfer credits as we would have liked and are saying they will take 3 more classes if he turns in his final projects to them and they can see what he learned. Problem is, he has no access to them anymore, so he will have to recreate them.....by June 15th. He gets out of finals June 1st. And he is supposed to start summer school at CC immediately.

We are going to suggest summer online classes at his current school (much more expensive, but.....) as they don't start until June 15th, giving him those 2 weeks to see what he can recreate for credit.

And yes, the fact that he didn't save them himself is on him. I am not excusing it. He just didn't save it after he turned it in. ARGH!

We are going to decide this weekend what our plan of action is and how soon he can graduate. I am thinking Dec. of 2020 at the earliest.

Bumping this thread.

I don't think my son will be in the college class of 2020 unless he goes to school full time this summer and next. Sigh.
They didn't take as many of his transfer credits as we would have liked and are saying they will take 3 more classes if he turns in his final projects to them and they can see what he learned. Problem is, he has no access to them anymore, so he will have to recreate them.....by June 15th. He gets out of finals June 1st. And he is supposed to start summer school at CC immediately.

We are going to suggest summer online classes at his current school (much more expensive, but.....) as they don't start until June 15th, giving him those 2 weeks to see what he can recreate for credit.

And yes, the fact that he didn't save them himself is on him. I am not excusing it. He just didn't save it after he turned it in. ARGH!

We are going to decide this weekend what our plan of action is and how soon he can graduate. I am thinking Dec. of 2020 at the earliest.

Oh my! What kind of final projects were they and where were the credits coming from?

Dd graduates from CC in a couple of weeks. After much discussion with the gym owners she has contact with and the personal trainers she has worked with, she will start an online, one year program in August. She will do another, short internship at the end of the program, if they won’t give her credit for what she has done. In the end she will have what she needs to work anywhere as a personal trainer. I would prefer she go on and get her BS in exercise therapy, but she has to make that decision so I be quiet and hope the more training she gets, the more she will want.

That really must be frustrating to find out you don't have the credits to graduate when you thought you would. I know of a few kids that had that happen too. My dd is set to graduate in a couple weeks and transfer but 2 of her friends are going to have to continue for 2 semesters, but they don't want to do summer classes so they could shorten by 1 if they did. Another one of her friends at another school is taking 2 online summer classes at the CC to help her graduate on time. My niece found out she had to go a extra semester too.
Your ds is not alone, hopefully he can get those projects done and get those credits.

Bumping this thread.

Sorry to hear that. Was there any type of transfer agreement in place, out of curiosity? I've read about them but haven't heard much.

Sorry to hear that. Was there any type of transfer agreement in place, out of curiosity? I've read about them but haven't heard much.

No, he was at community college and went to a private college. And he changed majors. We knew that might be part of the process. It is ok.

Oh my! What kind of final projects were they and where were the credits coming from?

Dd graduates from CC in a couple of weeks. After much discussion with the gym owners she has contact with and the personal trainers she has worked with, she will start an online, one year program in August. She will do another, short internship at the end of the program, if they won’t give her credit for what she has done. In the end she will have what she needs to work anywhere as a personal trainer. I would prefer she go on and get her BS in exercise therapy, but she has to make that decision so I be quiet and hope the more training she gets, the more she will want.

They are all computer based programming and media art.

Definitely a bit of bummer if an extra semester is needed...OTOH if he changed majors and is now happier with his choice may well worth it in the end. Even with perfect planning one class not offered at a time you need it can derail graduation plans.
And I say this as a proud graduate of the 5.5 year program LOL-I changed majors about 5 times and ran away to Disney for a semester too.

Hopefully online classes can get him back on track!

The semester is done. DD is home. She wound up only finishing 3 classes and taking Ws in 2. I don't know the grades yet. She's getting on my nerves but luckily she's leaving for a summer program in June. Just 2 more years.

Yeah, we may have him on the 5 or so year plan too. I am not happy, but he finally realized, he needs to have better grades. Sigh, almost 21, and it finally hit him. He's done, and looking for a summer job. I hope he finds one soon, as the summer job he had for the last couple of years, he said too many changes that he did not like last year, so did not want to work there this year. I said, you had a job offer, not happy he passed over it, and now is still looking. He wanted to change his master, but now rethinking that. But yay, it's the summer break, and soon, I'll have my Junior high school kid done too.

DD is finishing her last final today-and it is online. She is hoping to come home tonight!
She is hopeful mostly A's, with one possible B.

This semester was tough one for her with her classes/load. But we are off to Disney in a week to get her settled for DCP summer alumni program-at least she has her summer job lined up :P, and hoping she makes some money too.

DD just got her grades for spring semester. A+ in Criminal Justice, A+ in Logic, A in Physics, and A in Organic Chem. She was a bit worried about Thermodynamics (a chem engineering course), but that ended up being a B+. Overall, a really good semester! Can't believe she is halfway done with college.

Now, we get to have her home for the summer- she is working and doing fun stuff with friends, so I'm sure it will fly by.

DD's official last day was Friday but she has one last project she was finishing up for a class. She said she didn't need to do it because she already has an A in that class, but it is a fun project so she is doing it anyway, LOL.

I also can't believe that they are 1/2 way done already. DD and I are heading to the Wonder this weekend for 8 days of rest and relaxation to celebrate the 1/2 way point. We both are ready to unplug from real life for a while ;)

My DS spent this semester in Paris studying abroad and will be home Friday! He'll be home for a short 3 weeks and then he can move into the house he and his friends have rented near campus in NYC. It's bittersweet, so glad he has the opportunity but I've really missed him this semester and I'm wishing he would be home for the summer. He needs to get a job, preferably one that will continue throughout the school year...

Maria :upsidedow

MY DD came home yesterday after her last exam. She did really well, I cant believe they are halfway done already. She is leaving Monday for the Jersey Shore with a few of her friends and after she starts her summer job in a Rehab Hospital. We leave for Disney on August 14th for 8 days !!

Bumping up. DD has been out of the country on an intensive summer program (worth 8 credits). I have no idea how she's doing scholastically because she's "having the time of her life" and I have limited communication with her because she's so busy. She's coming home in a few weeks so I guess I'll find out her grades then.

Bumping up. DD has been out of the country on an intensive summer program (worth 8 credits). I have no idea how she's doing scholastically because she's "having the time of her life" and I have limited communication with her because she's so busy. She's coming home in a few weeks so I guess I'll find out her grades then.
Wow, that's great - 8 credits! Have her sinuses been ok?

Bumping up- how is everyone's junior year going??

DD finished her semester December 14th. Got Dean's List again- 4 As and one B. Glad to have her home for a few weeks!

The big news we are excited about is that she got a co-op! She is a Chemical Engineering major, and getting a co-op is a big thing at her school. She will work fall 2019, summer 2020, and spring 2021. Graduation will be set back to December of 2020, but she will be able to pay off all her student loans with co-op money!!

The other fun thing she will do is take her ChemE Operations lab class this summer in Copenhagen, Denmark. She is very excited to be able to study abroad, as there aren't many opportunities for engineering students to do so. She is planning on arriving in Europe a week early, so she can explore a few countries before classes begin.

Hope everyone has a great holiday with their kids!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter