High School Class Reunion

jdb in AZ

It could end up curdled
Did you attend, or do you want to attend? My class is having their umpteenth reunion this year and I have no desire to attend. Since our phone # is unpublished I have no idea how they even got the # and left a message that they want my e-mail address. um, no thanks. I'm not completely anti-social, just an introvert.

My spouse is coming up on 50 years and still declining to consider going (even though we're actually moving driving distance from my spouse's high school). I would probably go if my high school was within driving distance, at least for 50 but it's academic. Where we are moving is over a thousand miles away from my high school and I have no reason to ever go back there.

I went to the 10th year, but no more since.

We do have a FB page to say hi and another to see who has passed.

My spouse is coming up on 50 years and still declining to consider going (even though we're actually moving driving distance from my spouse's high school). I would probably go if my high school was within driving distance, at least for 50 but it's academic. Where we are moving is over a thousand miles away from my high school and I have no reason to ever go back there.

Mine is several hundred miles away and I don't want to pay for flights/hotel.

Mine are about 300 miles away. I've always had fun and enjoy visiting the old home town. I've become better friends with many of my classmates than we were back in the day.

I went to my 10th, 20th, and 30th, it helps that DH and I graduated together and still live in town. The last one our name tags had out HS graduation picture on it, very helpful! The last one was at the elks club, and organized without a company. The 25th was over $100 a head and 20 minutes away, no thanks.

Haven’t missed one yet. Most of graduating class still lives within 100 miles where we went to school. The ones that don’t usually make it back for the reunions.

I was senior class president but my life has taken me so far from high school life that really would be like returning to an alien world. The people I went to high school with couldn’t imagine my later life.

I know a guy that is uber successful ($100’s of millions type success) and came form a lower middle class background. He told me that he went to a class reunion (maybe like his fortieth but don’t remember) and was speaking to a girl he had known. She finally said-Oh I remember you now you lived next to the dump. He said his family never lived next to any dump and just shows how out of joint later life can be to high school life.

Also I see the negatives in how I view it versus people that maintained those friendships from high school and attend reunions but it is what it is in life.

The closest I ever came to a reunion was when my brother's was in a hotel. He got a room, I babysat my nephew, and a couple of his classmates I'd been friendly with came to visit me.

Funny story, same brother, reunion coming this year. On a Facebook page someone from the old neighborhood started, somebody asked if anybody knew how to get in touch with a classmate of theirs. That's the classmate who maintains the page.

I went to my 10th and 20th. We didn't have 25th or 30th. One guy did organize a reunion to include all classes in the 80's. I didn't go. We had close to 400 in our graduating class. At the multi year reunion less than 20 of my class showed up.

My 50th is coming up in August. I haven’t been to one since my 30th. I am now widowed, so it isn’t the easiest thing to do by myself. I have re-connected with some people through Facebook, so it may be fun. I am still thinking about it.

:confused3 Meh, high school was fine but I felt like it was behind me when I graduated and immediately moved 500 miles away. I didn't keep in touch with anyone and never felt a lack. I've not attended a reunion nor do I ever intend to.

I went to my 10th through 50th reunions. I'm done.

I only went to the first one to see what it was like. I was surprised out of my head that anyone at the reunion actually remembered me, as I wasn't "popular", "smart", a "nerd", a "weirdo" or in any other group in high school.

It was fun, so I continued to go. Once we got to the 50 year reunion, the group was actually pretty small, and I have to travel over 500 miles to get there, I decided that was enough.

The closest I ever came to a reunion was when my brother's was in a hotel. He got a room, I babysat my nephew, and a couple of his classmates I'd been friendly with came to visit me.

Funny story, same brother, reunion coming this year. On a Facebook page someone from the old neighborhood started, somebody asked if anybody knew how to get in touch with a classmate of theirs. That's the classmate who maintains the page.
Was your nephew easy to entertain? You must be an elder sister.

Do you plan to baby sit your nephew again for the upcoming reunion?

I went to my 10th HS reunion, but that's it.

I'm in a Facebook group for my class. This is our 40th anniversary of graduation. Someone tried to organize a reunion but not many responded positively so the idea was dropped. I wouldn't have attended anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter