• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Highlights and lowlights from week-long trip in early June 2019

snoopy352

Mouseketeer
The Good:

1.) The CM's (other than one incident below) and concierges - they were all so helpful and friendly on this trip.
2.) Only one ride breakdown (test track, what else lol?) during the entire 7-day trip!
3.) Longest wait in line on the entire trip in the four parks was 15 mins (soarin, SDD during EMM, TT).
4.) Really good meals at Tokyo Dining, Nine Dragons, San Angel Inn, Chefs de France, Garden Grill, backlot express for EMM, and Salul Canteen.

The Bad:
1.) Disappointing meals at Cape May and Narccoossee's - two places we usually enjoy.
2.) Horrendously bad food at Sci-Fi but we love the atmosphere so we didn't care. But it wasn't just "not good," it was HORRIBLE and we usually think it's average.

The Ugly:
1.) FOP pre-show. What a looooooong, booooooring, self-important bunch of mumbo jumbo lol. At least the other DIS preshows (Soarin, TOT, Dinosaur, etc.) have "rewatch" entertainment value.
2.) DIS transportation. Left MK front gate at 2:30 for a 5:00 ressie at Narcoossee (plenty of time you would think). Took DD and DW (on scooter) to line at MK dock to take boat to GF. We waited 20 mins for boat to show up in the heat while two security guards chatted each other up. Boat arrives and we drive scooter to boarding spot and nice "captain" says we can't take scooter - that security should have told us that instead of having us stand/sit there and wait. So we went to the monorail station and it got stuck at the Contemporary. We waited 30 mins before finally seeing the CM start making an announcement to the people in line (no one stuck inside could hear him) and they started leaving. So I had to holler to him and ask him to tell us what was going on. "Monorail is down - go to the lobby and board the bus as it will go in the same order as the monorail." Ummmm - getting on a bus and having it go to Poly, then T/T center, then GF? Now our ressie is actually in danger - it's 4:00 at this point and we have a looooong line to get on the elevator to go down. (The same CM didn't advise non-scooter people to just go down the escalator instead until we were in the elevator line for 10 mins.) We talked to Concierge, who was very understanding and offered us a cab voucher to make it to GF on time. We arrived at Narcoossee at 4:55 pm.

That night I asked concierge in the BW, where we stayed, about how to get to and from TL as we had an Annual Pass free event on Monday night. He called transportation and they told him that we could get to TL for our 4:00 arrival by taking a bus from DAK (where we were going to be at) and then after the event was over we'd have to go to DS to get a bus back to BW. (Told him we'd be leaving the event around 6:30.) Next day we did EMM at DHS and went to the bus stop for DAK. Waited 70 MINUTES for the bus to show up. We saw three Epcot buses come and go (walking distance, has a boat option too), and zero DAK! Party in front of us cut out at their 60 minute mark but the bus was another 20 mins after they left - so it really was 80 MINS! So we had to miss Safari but that was the only casualty. Still, wasting precious touring time on a bus in the heat was very frustrating. Left DAK at 2:30 and walked to the busses - no TL. Left my family in the heat and went back to gift shop where nice CM told me that the TL bus stops transporting at 1:00! And that the DS bus doesn't arrive until 4:00!! So we went to the Minnie Van stop and waited 21 mins for a MInnie Van. The driver was awesome. Cost us $36.00. When we left TL, we actually boarded a bus for BW! (So while this benefited us, it was still wrong information given to us.)

Talked to the concierge about the DAK/TL stuff (didn't bother going through the previous day's stuff) and she (Brittney) was wonderful - comped us the Minnie Van, the $27 dinner at TL, and gave us 3 any time FP+ for the next day at Epcot, which really helped us out. She was more upset over the wait for the bus at DHS to get to DAK than the rest of it, and that is why she was so great, because honestly that really was worse for us!

Sorry this has turned into a "vent" thread, i just had to include all the details plus when things are good there's less information to share. The trip was WONDERFUL other than the two transportation issues, and Brittney made things right for us!

Thanks for the report! What happened to you is why we don't use the buses. That would drive me insane!

We usually stay at the Poly and Lyft to anywhere else we need to go. It works well for us.

We were there from June 1st to 6th split stay at Beach Club Villas and BW. We thought Cape May was disgusting also for breakfast and have enjoyed it in the past. The Mickey waffles were so rock hard I thought my tooth was going to crack off. We are headed back to Beach Club July 12th to 17th so fingers crossed the waffles are better next time

Thanks for the trip report. Too bad about the transportation nightmare! It reinforces my plan to rent a car when I fly down there in September. Paying so much to be there that I don't want to waste time on transportation. Ugh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter