Hilarious misunderstandings...

Well, once a lot of years ago we drove to a diner in Wildwood to visit a friend. When we got out of the car, I saw a big sign in the parking lot that read, "Strictly No Canadian Parking Here!" Now, I got very angry for our Friends in the North because a lot of Canadians (especially French Canadians) come to Wildwood for their vacations and spend lots of money, and they're all so nice and polite and how dare you discriminate against *ANYBODY* and not only am I *NOT* eating there but I'm going in to give them a piece of my mind! etc. I was standing there on my soapbox really ranting until I noticed my sister and my Mom laughing their heads off, which made me even madder. I yelled, "what's so funny??!!"

My sister turned me around and pointed to a motel right across the street that had a big sign, 'Motel Canadian.' If the ground had opened up and swallowed me I would have been really grateful.

English is the second language for a friend of mine. She's lived in the US for about 15 years, however her husband has never seen the need to correct her on some of the things that she says. A few months ago she and my husband were discussing a colleague and a meeting that she was to have with him the next day. She said that she was concerned because she "didn't want to rub him off the wrong way". Knowing her and what she meant my husband started laughing which left her confused. She was embarrassed when my husband explained to her what she had just said.

When I was 20, my cockatiel died. I was so upset, I called in to work crying. Unfortunately, I was crying so hard that my cousin (who worked with me), couldn't really understand me. He proceeded to call his side of the family to let them know my grandfather from my other side of the family had died.

My young adult cousin was looking for a summer job. Her sister said there's an ad for someone looking for some light housekeeping. My cousin replied that she didn't want to walk up and down all the stairs.

When I moved to another state, 500 miles from where I grew up, to start a brand new business, I managed to move to a very small town where there was someone with my same (unique) name...who was a well known drug dealer/user. Took me a very long time to figure out why business wasn't booming.

I was shopping at the mall on a very busy day with one of my daughters when she was in high school. She told me that she had to pee and we decided to finish shopping in the store we were in and then go to the restroom. It was very loud in there so we were having to speak loudly to hear each other. We finished shopping in the store and she said she wanted to go to another store. I replied “I thought you had to go to the restroom”. She replied back to me in our loud voices just as it went silent in the store. Her reply? “My peeness went away”. Her hand went immediately to cover her mouth as everyone heard her. I couldn’t quit laughing and she started laughing. I can’t imagine what everyone around us must have been thinking. 😂

At work we always have someone from the parent company in Japan at the plant usually on a 3 or 4 year rotation and I usually work pretty close with them. In one of our processing equipment, we add a powder to our pressure vessel. The Japanese guy asks me to get samples of the various powders for him. I'm about to hand just baggies of it over and pause, "What are you doing with this?" He says he's heading home to Japan for a visit and taking it with him for their lab to do tests on it. "Ah, like going through TSA and customs at the airport with little baggies of white power?" as I raise my eyebrows at him. He looked at me for a bit, eyes got real wide, "Ooooohhh!" as he realized what it looks like, LOL.

I would have to introduce 2 people at work when they came to visit the plant or we went elsewhere. Every time people would get a look on their face and the black guy would say, "Yes, my name really truly is David Black and the white guy's name really truly is David White."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!