Hilton Grand Vacations @Tuscany Village or Buena Vista Palace?

leebee

DIS Veteran
We stayed at the Hilton Disney Springs (NOT the Palace) last December and loved the convenience of walking to Disney Springs. This year (Dec 11-17), I have found good deals at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace (king room w/sofa bed, $1000 for 6 nights including tax and resort fee, waived parking fee) OR a 1 bedroom suite at Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village (king bed, 6 nights for $700 includes tax, waived resort fee, free parking). I believe DH and I will be the only travelers, although DD26 might come down for a few nights. Obviously Tuscany Village gets the vote for price and space, but will I miss being able to walk to Disney Springs for dinner and adult beverages every evening? This won't be a "parks trip," this is a break from the winter weather and a chance to see an old friend who lives in Cocoa Beach.

Have you stayed at either location- or both? What did you think? How is the area near Tuscany Village (8120 Arrezzo Way... looks like it's over near I-Drive, and area with which we are not at all familiar); are there things to do, interesting restaurants, etc.? I am searching online, but there is nothing like first-hand information! Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
I would go with the Palace. Much nicer aread and closer to Disney Springs. With a car you can always move, but it is so much easier if you can walk there...

Tuscany village has a gate that takes you to the outlet stores (so you dont have to deal with the nightmare parking there). If it has reopened there is a Disney Outlet store there were we usually get our souvenirs (it’s overstocked Disney park merchandise) I don’t remember if there are bars or restaurants for adult beverages at the outlets)

The difference in price between the Hilton Palace $1000 and Tuscany Village $700 would probably cover the cost of the rental car for a week. Or cover the cost of an Uber/Lyft taxi service for service to Disney Springs as often as you would want to go. Personally I will always choose a timeshare over a hotel if I am staying for more than 2 or 3 days. The room is part of the vacation in my opinion. More space and more versatility for less cost. Not even something worth contemplating. Also the option to not have to always leave the room. You don't have to cook but you can order delivery and enjoy a meal and adult beverages on your own private balcony. Keep the food warm in an oven. Or store leftovers in a full size fridge. People always say the room is only used to sleep and shower. My response to that is, because there is nothing else in the room to do except sleep and shower. There are no other amenities in the room to enjoy. like a full kitchen, balcony etc. Sometimes you don't want to share your vacation time with strangers. It's nice to have a timeshare type room as a retreat.

The difference in price between the Hilton Palace $1000 and Tuscany Village $700 would probably cover the cost... of an Uber/Lyft taxi service for service to Disney Springs as often as you would want to go. Personally I will always choose a timeshare over a hotel if I am staying for more than 2 or 3 days.

Absolutely... this! We always appreciate the convenience of a kitchen, an inroom washer/dryer, and especially, the ability to be up, awake and comfortable without disturbing each other when our sleep habits are a little different. We really relax in 1BR suites on longer stays. We also dislike having daily intrusions to our room for housekeeping, when we may want to nap midday. Timeshares are typically quieter and it has spoiled us. :) We have not stayed at either place mentioned but our friends simply LOVED their stay at HGVC Tuscany Village. Per the HGVC website, the resort's Deli & Pizza shop is open, as well as their main Tuscana pool bar with adult beverages (smaller snack bar is temporarily closed).

There are a couple restaurants (Outback, a Brazilian place, a sushi place) and a bar/burger place in the outlets across the street but we haven't visited any of them when we've gone to the Disney outlet there. Certainly, Disney Springs has a more festive environment for an evening out. The area of International Drive that's a bit further north, closer to the Convention Center, has plenty of evening dining & entertainment options. So does the restaurant area near the intersection between the other end of Vineland Avenue and Rte. 535 (S. Apopka-Vineland Road). All of these areas (including Disney Springs) are within a 10 minute drive of HGVC Tuscany... all easily available to you. Zoom in on Google maps to explore restaurant options in the area.

If your previous stay was at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs, then the Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace is only a slightly further walk to Disney Springs. Which would result in more enjoyment of your vacation? Being within walking distance of Disney Springs? Or having inroom comforts (kitchen, washer/dryer, privacy, space)? Only you can decide that. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
We stayed at the Hilton Disney Springs (NOT the Palace) last December and loved the convenience of walking to Disney Springs. This year (Dec 11-17), I have found good deals at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace (king room w/sofa bed, $1000 for 6 nights including tax and resort fee, waived parking fee) OR a 1 bedroom suite at Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village (king bed, 6 nights for $700 includes tax, waived resort fee, free parking). I believe DH and I will be the only travelers, although DD26 might come down for a few nights. Obviously Tuscany Village gets the vote for price and space, but will I miss being able to walk to Disney Springs for dinner and adult beverages every evening? This won't be a "parks trip," this is a break from the winter weather and a chance to see an old friend who lives in Cocoa Beach.

Have you stayed at either location- or both? What did you think? How is the area near Tuscany Village (8120 Arrezzo Way... looks like it's over near I-Drive, and area with which we are not at all familiar); are there things to do, interesting restaurants, etc.? I am searching online, but there is nothing like first-hand information! Thanks for your help!
How were you a able to get the waived parking fee at the Palace?

Palace is really nice and I like being able to walk to Disney Springs.

Tuscany Village is in the middle of nowhere and if your hotel building isn't the closest to the pool area then it can be a far walk just to get to the pool as the whole layout is spread out buildings.

*and I didn't like the Hilton LBV disney springs, as the rooms are tiny and ceilings low. Palace had huge rooms with tall ceilings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!