Hilton Head and BCV

sandieb

DIS Veteran
Hello - We just returned from a 6 night stay in Hilton Head, 1 night at the All Stars, and 4 nights at the BCV. It was a great vacation!

It was our first stay in Hilton Head. We had a 2 bedroom with a marsh view, and we really enjoyed our stay. There are a lot of daily activities for children - we really only went to the campfires and the party at the Beach House. Otherwise, we enjoyed the pool and ocean daily.

We had beautiful weather. The ocean is 80+ degrees - lovely. We rented 5 bikes for $85 which we used daily to ride to the beach. The kids especially enjoyed the bike rides. The beach house was most enjoyable. We had lunch there a couple times, special drinks, and just lounged around and swam.

The beach is wide and clean. We rented umbrellas and chairs - very expensive, but we wanted the shade and luxery of not having to lug chairs and umbrellas.

We fished from the pier and bulkhead - caught a few croaker, many sharks, several sting rays, and an eel. The kids crabbed and really had fun. The men hired a guide/boat out of Beaufort to fish - they only caught sharks (some were > 3 feet in length) and rays.

We went on the Dolphin tour with Capt. Scott. There were 5 of us in the boat. We really liked the ablility to ask questions and chat. The scenery is lovely. We saw quite a few dolphin - even a baby only about one week old! The houses along the shore are very posh - Capt. Scott said the building over the last decade has been with crazy money - bigger and bigger houses complete with boat houses and piers.

We spent one night at the All Stars before moving into the Beach Club Villas. I sort of thought the All Stars were the "Disney slums" - I had never even seen them even though we go to Disney a couple times each year. I was wrong - it was clean and comfortable for the night. (The food court was packed and not so good though.)

The BCV were spotless. We truly love it there. We spent time at both the quiet pool and Storm Along Bay. We spent 1/2 day at the Magic Kingdom and 1/2 day at Epcot. We went early and had no waits at the MK - although by noon it was really crowded. We ate and left. Epcot was crazy right from the start - we were there at opening and went directly to Soarin' - it had a 1/2 hour wait by the time we hoofed over. We only rode that and Figment - by then it was hot and VERY CROWDED and we left. We went to Typhoon Lagoon twice - we were there at opening and able to find seats in the shade. We had a great time.

All in all - I will go to Hilton Head again in a heartbeat. I will always plan to stay at the BCV - and I will try never to visit the World in the summer. This was the first summertime trip, and I really was repelled by the crowds (and the heat didn't help). But being at Disney was fun. Meals were very good, and I can't wait to go back.
Sandie B

Sounds like you had a great trip despite the crowds and heat. Thank you for posting! :flower:

Thanks for all the details - I agree with you about the crowds and the heat. We prefer late fall for that very reason!

Best wishes -

Hi,

Thanks for sharing!!! Love BCV & HH!! Can't wait to go back!

Ms. Sparrow aka Allison

Thanks for posting your report. I am a huge fan of HH! Sounds like you had a great trip! :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter