Hilton Walt Disney World Hotels - Questions...

SpaceMountain1972

Earning My Ears
Hello Board,

Long time Disney fan new poster. We have gone 3 times as a family since (2012, 2018, 2020) and now my wife would like an adult only trip for her birthday next year. I have access to Hilton points, and we want to try a WDW Hilton property for the 60-day fast pasts, EMH and busses. So, the big question is which one to choose. The biggest issue that I have seen is mold/smells and that’s my wife biggest concern due to allergies so which one of these would be best in everyone’s opinion? Being close to Disney Springs is a huge plus also...

Here are my options...

DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Hilton Orlando – Bonnet Creek
Hilton Orlando – Buena Vista Palace – Disney Springs Area
Hilton Orlando – Lake Buena Vista – Disney Springs Area
Waldorf Astoria

I plan on renting a car so paying for hotel parking is a small concern. I am also a Diamond member so get some perks for that.

Thanks for all the great advice!

If it’s for next year watch out for the 60 day FP benefit. It was set to expire at the end of 2020. I talked to someone at Hilton and they said that could always change or be extended due to the current circumstances but it is definitely up in the air right now

Waldorf Astoria is nice and plush, next to Hilton BC. Both properties run a bus shuttle to Disney parks and DD. If you’re a platinum+ member, good chance for an upgrade to suite as occupancy usually not full

Definitely the Waldorf. It is nice and quiet. The grounds are beautiful. It is connected to the Hilton so you can use amenities at both properties. We have stayed numerous times and wish we would have broken out of the Disney bubble sooner. Every single one of the restaurants are fantastic in their own way.

I did read that parking is kind of a mess for the Waldorf like it's a 15 minute walk to get to the lobby. Do they have Valet?

It is valet only on the Waldorf side, self park or valet on Hilton side. We never have a car with us anymore. Quit renting a car when uber/lyft became so convenient. We use their busses when convenient or use ride share. Comes out cheaper than paying for parking.

I can only report on the Waldorf and Hilton LBV-DSA but I like them both for different reasons.

If you want the nicest rooms and common areas, Waldorf is a no brainer. It's old school luxury but holds up well.

While they both have bus transportation, the Waldorf bus is much nicer (luxury motor coach vs. public transit style bus). I didn't actually use the Waldorf coach but it seemed to arrive on time. Cannot say the same for the bus at H-LBV. We did a fair amount of uber-ing from both properties.

The major plus of H-LBV is it's the shortest walk to and from Disney Springs.

If you have Hilton status, the gold/plat breakfast at both properties was solid, though you'd have to pay to upgrade to hot from continental at both.

Ok yes that was my concern - do you know if they use Febreeze? That bother's my wife allergies also..
No clue. If there are specific cleaning supplies that trigger her allergies it's probably worthwhile to call each property and ask what they use, or see if hypoallergenic rooms are available.

Yes I normally do that as well but wanted to hear from any hands-on real life stays at these resorts. I figured this was the best forum to ask ...

I have stayed at both Waldorf and Hilton Bonnet Creek and they are both nice. Obviously, the Waldorf is quite posh and my preferred option. Rooms are fantastic. Also, if you can swing it...the Bull and Bear is fantastic.

My dad is a Hilton Honors Diamond member, so we've actually stayed at all of them! We don't use the pools and typically use a lot of Ubers instead of waiting for the buses. We don't rent a car since we rarely all stay together. My family is 5 adults- sometimes 6 if my husband or cousin come with us. All are Annual Passholders and my husband and I own DVC (we typically go more than our points cover- at least 4 times a year). We love Disney Springs - so being able to walk to/from it is a huge plus.

DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando – Disney Springs Area - this desperately needs a renovation. We had a 2 bedroom suite which was great size wise, but the only good thing were the showers. The beds were extremely uncomfortable where all of us were sore from sleeping. It also is probably a good 20+ minutes to walk to Disney Springs. Free breakfast was pretty good- fresh Mickey waffles! Overall, our last pick of the Hilton properties.

Hilton Orlando – Bonnet Creek- we just stayed here in February. The rooms were very big and nice. My parents had a great view- overlooking the pool but you could also see Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, and various Disney hotels. I had a view of the parking lot. The lobby smelled like Soarin' which I loved. You don't get free breakfast, just a credit per day. We ended up only eating breakfast there 2 of the days to use our credits up. Bonnet Creek feels a little bit removed compared to the others by Disney Springs. This is our 3rd pick.

Hilton Orlando – Buena Vista Palace – Disney Springs Area- This is our favorite! I also had read the bad reviews with moldy smell, but we didn't have that issue. We had 3 rooms on 3 different floors and all were nice and clean. It's a super easy walk to Disney Springs so many times we'd catch the buses there instead of waiting on the Hilton's bus. It has the best location of them all since it's on the first walkway to Disney Springs. Breakfast was free here and was great. Fresh omelette stations and Krispy Kreme doughnuts (how my dad judges a free breakfast). Overall, top pick!

Hilton Orlando – Lake Buena Vista – Disney Springs Area- I haven't stayed here personally, but my mom/dad/brother did last summer. They got updated rooms- I'm sure are updated by now. They had a great view of Disney Springs and it's just one more bridge over from Buena Vista Palace. They said breakfast was pretty good, but not as good BVP. This is our 2nd pick.

Waldorf Astoria - Once again, I didn't stay here personally. My husband and I were at Wilderness Lodge, but I went and visited my mom. They got a crazy good rate ($250/night over Christmas). The rooms were large and spacious- the bathrooms were amazing. The Hilton Bonnet Creek and WA are sister hotels so share amenities. I believe they had to pay to get full buffet for breakfast, but can't remember exactly. This is our 4th pick- especially due to price. It's normally $500+ a night and they didn't feel worth that price. If same price as HBC, then WA is better!

Hopefully this helps some!

Hello Board,

Long time Disney fan new poster. We have gone 3 times as a family since (2012, 2018, 2020) and now my wife would like an adult only trip for her birthday next year. I have access to Hilton points, and we want to try a WDW Hilton property for the 60-day fast pasts, EMH and busses. So, the big question is which one to choose. The biggest issue that I have seen is mold/smells and that’s my wife biggest concern due to allergies so which one of these would be best in everyone’s opinion? Being close to Disney Springs is a huge plus also...

Here are my options...

Waldorf Astoria

I plan on renting a car so paying for hotel parking is a small concern. I am also a Diamond member so get some perks for that.

Thanks for all the great advice!

We are Hilton Diamond and have been for many years ........... have stayed at MANY of the Orlando Hiltons.

If using points you won't pay resort fees, only parking fees so I wouldn't consider that an issue.

You listed (I re-arranged)

Waldorf Astoria - Bonnet Creek

DoubleTree was renovated about 6+ years ago, SUITES (stayed right after and it was nice)
Hilton Orlando was so bad our last stay, I won't go back, lots of walking too
Hilton Buena Vista Palace has awesome pool area but rooms are hit or miss, lots of walking

NONE of these offered much if any Diamond perks. Hilton had lounge but it was meh offering and small. Palace offered us nothing at all but there was still construction. Doubletree we got breakfast but lines are too long so we skip. Disney Springs has a good bus system to the parks. Was once told that being so close to Disney was all the real perks they had to offer at Disney Springs .... which is why we didn't get many of the same perks we got at other hotels. Bonnet Creek hotels offered full range of perks.

Waldorf and Hilton Bonnet Creek are far and above nicer than the others, incredible pool area, dining options, Hilton had great lounge for HH breakfast and evening. They share a nice coach bus and you can see schedule online when parks re-open.

To be honest, given the current climate I would be driving to the parks or taking an Uber no matter where I stayed.

If I had to book now on points it would be Bonnet Creek or completely off-site. I don't think any of the Disney Springs Hiltons are worth the points they charge.

If it’s for next year watch out for the 60 day FP benefit. It was set to expire at the end of 2020. I talked to someone at Hilton and they said that could always change or be extended due to the current circumstances but it is definitely up in the air right now

THIS ....... we have no idea what will happen. Will Disney not offer because they are trying to get their rooms full in a time when they are maybe going to have trouble doing so? Will Disney offer to get those hotels to replace rooms on property that they might not open up for awhile? It would save Disney money to keep a few of their hotels closed for now. And that is less buses they have to run because they'll likely run at reduced capacity.

Just too many unknowns for that far out. I would book at a Hilton you are comfortable with and can cancel. Then once you know what perks you can get decide if you stay or look at moving to a Disney hotel.

When I look at maps it always looks like LBV is closer to DS than LBV Palace. Which has the easier and closer walk to DS??

Great thanks so much for the comments! We have stayed at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando Theme Parks which has been great and just wanted to use the 'perks' really just the 60 FP and the fact that it's close to Disney Springs.

My dad is a Hilton Honors Diamond member, so we've actually stayed at all of them! We don't use the pools and typically use a lot of Ubers instead of waiting for the buses. We don't rent a car since we rarely all stay together. My family is 5 adults- sometimes 6 if my husband or cousin come with us. All are Annual Passholders and my husband and I own DVC (we typically go more than our points cover- at least 4 times a year). We love Disney Springs - so being able to walk to/from it is a huge plus.

DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando – Disney Springs Area - this desperately needs a renovation. We had a 2 bedroom suite which was great size wise, but the only good thing were the showers. The beds were extremely uncomfortable where all of us were sore from sleeping. It also is probably a good 20+ minutes to walk to Disney Springs. Free breakfast was pretty good- fresh Mickey waffles! Overall, our last pick of the Hilton properties.

Hilton Orlando – Bonnet Creek- we just stayed here in February. The rooms were very big and nice. My parents had a great view- overlooking the pool but you could also see Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, and various Disney hotels. I had a view of the parking lot. The lobby smelled like Soarin' which I loved. You don't get free breakfast, just a credit per day. We ended up only eating breakfast there 2 of the days to use our credits up. Bonnet Creek feels a little bit removed compared to the others by Disney Springs. This is our 3rd pick.

Hilton Orlando – Buena Vista Palace – Disney Springs Area- This is our favorite! I also had read the bad reviews with moldy smell, but we didn't have that issue. We had 3 rooms on 3 different floors and all were nice and clean. It's a super easy walk to Disney Springs so many times we'd catch the buses there instead of waiting on the Hilton's bus. It has the best location of them all since it's on the first walkway to Disney Springs. Breakfast was free here and was great. Fresh omelette stations and Krispy Kreme doughnuts (how my dad judges a free breakfast). Overall, top pick!

Hilton Orlando – Lake Buena Vista – Disney Springs Area- I haven't stayed here personally, but my mom/dad/brother did last summer. They got updated rooms- I'm sure are updated by now. They had a great view of Disney Springs and it's just one more bridge over from Buena Vista Palace. They said breakfast was pretty good, but not as good BVP. This is our 2nd pick.

Waldorf Astoria - Once again, I didn't stay here personally. My husband and I were at Wilderness Lodge, but I went and visited my mom. They got a crazy good rate ($250/night over Christmas). The rooms were large and spacious- the bathrooms were amazing. The Hilton Bonnet Creek and WA are sister hotels so share amenities. I believe they had to pay to get full buffet for breakfast, but can't remember exactly. This is our 4th pick- especially due to price. It's normally $500+ a night and they didn't feel worth that price. If same price as HBC, then WA is better!

Hopefully this helps some!
Do each of them charge for parking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!