Hints and Tips

Marshay said:
Ah, thanks for the info on the changes. I will try the "I'm going to supervise my kids" option to see if we can only go for $14 for two kids. Otherwise, we will just skip this. It sounds like SW is being a bit greedy here, IMHO.

Oh yeah. That is how we felt about it too. They said we could avoid payinf for a few of the kids but still way too much money IMO. Hope you guys get to do it. It is really a fun experience. I did get to do it once on my honeymoon.

CarolAnnB said:
Do you need a code for this? It shows up $32.99 when I go thru your link. Thx!

If you enter in promo code playanddine in the box it will come up with a ticket for $89 and free all day dining. Online price is $79 but you can't get two discounts so that's why you pay gate price of $89 for your admission ticket.

If you enter in promo code playanddine in the box it will come up with a ticket for $89 and free all day dining. Online price is $79 but you can't get two discounts so that's why you pay gate price of $89 for your admission ticket.

Right - the $89 includes all day dining, so you don't have to add it. I said it's $10 above, since you can get a plain ticket for $79 through the website. So even though they advertise "free" all day dining, it' really $10 more than their best ticket price.

Oh - I see the problem - the link I posted defaults to the normal ticket page - I guess it checks to see if you entered the promo code. As angelmom27 said, enter "PlayAndDine" in the promo box to get to the correct page.

If you are getting your tickets with your Discovery Cove package can you just get the all day dinning one by itself?

CerysG said:
If you are getting your tickets with your Discovery Cove package can you just get the all day dinning one by itself?

Oh yeah. You can buy it there or on the website. We always just get it when we get there. You can pay for it at the restaurants. We did it during breakfast.

hpriamson said:
Right - the $89 includes all day dining, so you don't have to add it. I said it's $10 above, since you can get a plain ticket for $79 through the website. So even though they advertise "free" all day dining, it' really $10 more than their best ticket price.

Oh - I see the problem - the link I posted defaults to the normal ticket page - I guess it checks to see if you entered the promo code. As angelmom27 said, enter "PlayAndDine" in the promo box to get to the correct page.

Not really. It is free its just you can't get the online $10 discount if you do free dining. Just like BG has either free dining or 2nd day free. You can't do both discounts.

Not really. It is free its just you can't get the online $10 discount if you do free dining. Just like BG has either free dining or 2nd day free. You can't do both discounts.

We're getting into semantics, but I'd call that marketing "free", not consumer "free". They'll sell me a ticket for $79 to just get in the park, or one for $89 to get in the park and get all day dining. That's a $10 difference, no matter how they dress it up.

We're getting into semantics, but I'd call that marketing "free", not consumer "free". They'll sell me a ticket for $79 to just get in the park, or one for $89 to get in the park and get all day dining. That's a $10 difference, no matter how they dress it up.

Most definitely "marketing free" and not "consumer free". Unfortunately, such advertising promotions are pretty common, particularly in Orlando Disney's "free" dining is an excellent example. Paying exorbitant rack rates for a motel-quality room to be given "free" dining, and sometimes only the quick service plan at that. When you really consider the extra that you will end up paying for your accommodations, is sure isn't the deal that it originally appears.

I think the $89 deal that includes free dining is really quite a decent value. If I could get one day at a Disney park with unlimited free food and beverages for $89 pp, I would be adding on a Disney theme park day to our August itinerary in a heartbeat!

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina said:
Most definitely "marketing free" and not "consumer free". Unfortunately, such advertising promotions are pretty common, particularly in Orlando Disney's "free" dining is an excellent example. Paying exorbitant rack rates for a motel-quality room to be given "free" dining, and sometimes only the quick service plan at that. When you really consider the extra that you will end up paying for your accommodations, is sure isn't the deal that it originally appears.

I think the $89 deal that includes free dining is really quite a decent value. If I could get one day at a Disney park with unlimited free food and beverages for $89 pp, I would be adding on a Disney theme park day to our August itinerary in a heartbeat!

Oh yes, I'm not criticizing the deal at all - I bought it a few months ago. $10 for 2 counter service meals is an excellent value. Just criticizing the multiple definitions of the word free.

Oh yes, I'm not criticizing the deal at all - I bought it a few months ago. $10 for 2 counter service meals is an excellent value. Just criticizing the multiple definitions of the word free.

Don't forget that the all-day dining includes your beverages as well. If you are travelling during a hot season (okay, being Canadian, EVERY season in Florida is a hot one in my books, but you know what I mean :rotfl:) then you could easily drink $20 worth of bottled water, soda, etc. in a full day just to keep hydrated. And snacks......cookies, fruit, an early morning muffin with your coffee. Also breakfast is available too.

Okay, now I'm hungry. :rolleyes1

Well I see it as free. Especially since if I had to buy my ticket at the gate I would be paying $89. Since that is their admission price. Now if I had to choose between buying a ticket for $79 or an $89 one with free dining $89 would win. No theme park is going to offer two different discounts at the same time. But hey that is just my opinion on how I see it.

Hi Gina,

We are going in May and purchased the dine with shamu....was thinking of having 1 of us get the $89 ticket with all day dining in case we want to all share some chicken fingers, pizza or whatever. Think that is do-able? I don't see a reason to pay the extra $10/pp for the dining since we already have a meal planned, but I am sure we'll want some drinks and/or snacks and whatever to hold us over until dinner?

meesha said:
Hi Gina,

We are going in May and purchased the dine with shamu....was thinking of having 1 of us get the $89 ticket with all day dining in case we want to all share some chicken fingers, pizza or whatever. Think that is do-able? I don't see a reason to pay the extra $10/pp for the dining since we already have a meal planned, but I am sure we'll want some drinks and/or snacks and whatever to hold us over until dinner?

I know I'm not gina but you could do that just remember your only allowed one of each choice each time through the line. So whoever has the bracelet would be going through the line a lot. I will say that the snack dessert choices often have several of an item. Like watermelon slices has three, cookies usually have about 5. So there are items where you will get several of it. Maybe have two or three of you do the plan to help save time.

Hi Gina,

Its doable. You can get one drink, one entrée (think chicken fingers and fries, or a burger and side salad, etc.) and one dessert (slice of cake, bowl of fruit, etc.) each time through the line. So if you are all comfortable with sharing something along that lines, then it would work.

Me personally, I would just pay OOP for snacks and drinks as we wanted them. Buy a refillable cup, then get refills as often as you want for 99 cents (I love the refillable cups, they make great souvenirs!!). And maybe a refillable popcorn bucket too....they are just $4.99 with 99 cent refills. But I'm a stickler for rules....I don't technically think there's supposed to be sharing with the all-day dining (each person who is eating is supposed to have their own wristband). That alone would deter me.....what can I say, I have a strong conscience!!! :rotfl:

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina said:
Its doable. You can get one drink, one entrée (think chicken fingers and fries, or a burger and side salad, etc.) and one dessert (slice of cake, bowl of fruit, etc.) each time through the line. So if you are all comfortable with sharing something along that lines, then it would work.

Me personally, I would just pay OOP for snacks and drinks as we wanted them. Buy a refillable cup, then get refills as often as you want for 99 cents (I love the refillable cups, they make great souvenirs!!). And maybe a refillable popcorn bucket too....they are just $4.99 with 99 cent refills. But I'm a stickler for rules....I don't technically think there's supposed to be sharing with the all-day dining (each person who is eating is supposed to have their own wristband). That alone would deter me.....what can I say, I have a strong conscience!!! :rotfl:

I didn't realize SW had the refillable popcorn buckets. I will have to see about getting one on our next trip. Since we always do all day dining I haven't looked closely at the snack carts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter