Hit the Beach! July Exercise Challenge

195 minutes since last check in. We had a slight break in temps, so a lot of that is horse related but also includes some walking and some QiGong. Barn chores tonight, so I'll rack up some minutes then. Hoping to not pass out from the returning heat wave. Wish it would rain and cool things off.

660/1500

Love the back story on HH resort, @sophy1996 !

High fives to PollyannaMom for turning Cooler Orange, and to Elizabeth Smith and Twilight Sparkle for turning Sand Pail Purple!!:flower:

In addition to similar types of activities as VBR (pool, sports, rentals, campfire, etc.), HHI also offers guided nature walks in various parts of the island, including the marshlands. And while Vero Beach has sea turtles and manatees, the beach at HHI boasts dolphins! Disney offers a chance to see them on the "Lowcountry Nature Dolphin Tour." :boat: Guests have also reported seeing dolphins right from the resort as well as from the Beach House.

One thing that HHI doesn't have, however, is a sit-down restaurant. One account I read said that local regulations require restaurants to be open to the public, and Disney wanted to keep HHI private. So no sit-down restaurant. But apparently there are several restaurants within easy walking distance. In addition, on some nights Disney offers a campfire meal.

7/15 - 85 mins of walking - It was supposed to be a run day but the humidity was so high that all I could do was walk. I tried to make up for it by going an extra mile. On a side note, I had several people stop me today and comment on my regular exercise habits, regardless of the weather!

New total - 810/1700

If you want to venture beyond Disney while on Hilton Head, some of the attractions I see listed are the Hilton Head Distillery (maker of craft rum and vodka), the Coastal Discovery Museum, the Harbour Town Lighthouse Museum, the Sandbox Interactive Children's Museum, the Sea Pines Forest Preserve, the Hilton Head Birding Trail, and historic forts Howell and Mitchel.

Or if you're in a piratical mood, check out Hilton Head's Pirate Ship Adventure on the Black Dagger. pirate::sail:

Next, we're getting on a plane and heading to Hawai'i!

If you want to venture beyond Disney while on Hilton Head, some of the attractions I see listed are the Hilton Head Distillery (maker of craft rum and vodka), the Coastal Discovery Museum, the Harbour Town Lighthouse Museum, the Sandbox Interactive Children's Museum, the Sea Pines Forest Preserve, the Hilton Head Birding Trail, and historic forts Howell and Mitchel.

Or if you're in a piratical mood, check out Hilton Head's Pirate Ship Adventure on the Black Dagger. pirate::sail:

Next, we're getting on a plane and heading to Hawai'i!

The HH area sounds fun! The birding trail would be a must do for my family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!