HJ - Aligators at the Fort

We always leave our flip flops and crocs outside the camper. Now you guys are making me wonder. We haven't ever had a problem. I think we will be bringing them in from now on.

Scary! :scared1:

I didn't realize there are scorpions in FL. I have never seen them. Do you see them a lot at the Fort???:eek:
Something else to add to my list of things to be scared about.
I am terrified of spiders. :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: Don't like much bugs actually. Haven't since I was a kid.

I really didnt see a single spider my whole trip, and never even thought about scorpions!!!!

The sand at the sites was really working my OCD....I never even knew I HAD OCD till that sand entered my life...I woke up very early most mornings, and first thing after the trip to the comfort station was hosing down all the tarps and painters plastic, shoes and anything else that horrible sand would stick to. God.....it really became my destiny to defeat that sand!!!!! I was COMPLETLY emersed in the battle of the sand!!! Ialso usually hosed everything down again by late afternoon!!! I know...I should seek professional help..but I dont think any spiders or scorps had a swimming chance around my site!!!!

Scary! :scared1:

I didn't realize there are scorpions in FL. I have never seen them. Do you see them a lot at the Fort???:eek:
Something else to add to my list of things to be scared about.
I am terrified of spiders. :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: Don't like much bugs actually. Haven't since I was a kid.

The scorpions in fl are not deadly ( Unless you are allergic to them). Their sting is like that of a wasp or bee.

I really didnt see a single spider my whole trip, and never even thought about scorpions!!!!

The sand at the sites was really working my OCD....I never even knew I HAD OCD till that sand entered my life...I woke up very early most mornings, and first thing after the trip to the comfort station was hosing down all the tarps and painters plastic, shoes and anything else that horrible sand would stick to. God.....it really became my destiny to defeat that sand!!!!! I was COMPLETLY emersed in the battle of the sand!!! Ialso usually hosed everything down again by late afternoon!!! I know...I should seek professional help..but I dont think any spiders or scorps had a swimming chance around my site!!!!

I didn't see any spiders on any of our trips. I for sure hadn't seen a scorpion. I would have remembered. :faint:

That sand can be a mess for sure.

The scorpions in fl are not deadly ( Unless you are allergic to them). Their sting is like that of a wasp or bee.

That is good to know. Only thing is I have never been stung by a bee or wasp so I don't know if I am allergic. I don't think anyone in my family is. Is that something that runs in your family or is there some kind of sign that would indicate you would be allergic? That would ruin our trip to the Fort. :worried:

Thanks guys!

I didn't see any spiders on any of our trips. I for sure hadn't seen a scorpion. I would have remembered. :faint:

That sand can be a mess for sure.

That is good to know. Only thing is I have never been stung by a bee or wasp so I don't know if I am allergic. I don't think anyone in my family is. Is that something that runs in your family or is there some kind of sign that would indicate you would be allergic? That would ruin our trip to the Fort. :worried:

Thanks guys!

My daughter is allergic to bees. Her first sting was no biggie and we had no indication that she was allergic. Her second sting she broke out in hives within seconds. I gave her Benadryl and rushed her to the ER. Now we carry an Epi-pen with us at all times . There really was no indication beforehand that she would be allergic other than one great grandmother having the allergy. It is not common, and certainly shouldn't be a worry when planning a trip to FW! :goodvibes

My daughter is allergic to bees. Her first sting was no biggie and we had no indication that she was allergic. Her second sting she broke out in hives within seconds. I gave her Benadryl and rushed her to the ER. Now we carry an Epi-pen with us at all times . There really was no indication beforehand that she would be allergic other than one great grandmother having the allergy. It is not common, and certainly shouldn't be a worry when planning a trip to FW! :goodvibes

Thanks.

Sorry your daughter has trouble with them.

Just dump out your shoes if you leave them outside...lots of arachnids, reptiles, insects, etc. will like to take residence in your nice, comfy warm shoes for the evening.

Hmmmm, I think this thread is spooking some folks! I just got a question on the Moms Panel about scorpions. Seems they read something on another forum about scorpions in the cabins.:rolleyes1

-Bret

Hmmmm, I think this thread is spooking some folks! I just got a question on the Moms Panel about scorpions. Seems they read something on another forum about scorpions in the cabins.:rolleyes1

-Bret

Oh, then you wouldn't want them to also know about the attacking bunnies and the aggressive squirrels ether! ;)

An electric blower works better. Water just makes that sand stuff gooey.

-Bret

no one ever said there were scorpions in cabins on this thread that i know of...geesh!:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter