HK, SDL, and TDL commando trip or concentrate on TDL?

Halloweenqueen

Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...
We are going in September. Time is an issue because of school so I'm having to decide on a 2 days HK, 2 days SDL, and 3 days TDL or just going to Japan. We have been lucky to travel to China many times, but never the parks. Hopefully we will return to China again in the next few years. We are concentrating on the parks this trip with limited sightseeing. I LOVE the thought of going to all three parks, but I am worried about my stamina. We would have one or two "rest/travel days" thrown in. Airfare is covered either way.

Would love to have some feedback! Thanks in advance!

This is the trip that I did in late November/December :)

We did 2 days in SHDL, rest/flying day, 2 days in HKDL, rest/flying day, then 4 days in TDL. This was such an amazing trip, and I would love to do it again! It worked out perfectly and we saw everything in all of the parks. If you have rest days, I say go for it! :)

I would do them all! But, I'm greedy like that.

I guess it depends upon how likely you'll be returning to Asia to visit the parks again in the future and whether you feel the fast pace will ultimately detrimentally effect your mood and time in the parks. As you're travelling to all three, you could just do the unique attractions at each park to allow plenty of time for rest and relaxation (while at the parks).

We are going in September. Time is an issue because of school so I'm having to decide on a 2 days HK, 2 days SDL, and 3 days TDL or just going to Japan. We have been lucky to travel to China many times, but never the parks. Hopefully we will return to China again in the next few years. We are concentrating on the parks this trip with limited sightseeing. I LOVE the thought of going to all three parks, but I am worried about my stamina. We would have one or two "rest/travel days" thrown in. Airfare is covered either way.

Would love to have some feedback! Thanks in advance!

I would not recommend hitting all three and not actually spending time in the incredible cities of Shanghai, Hong Kong and Tokyo. The Disney parks are fantastic and worth seeing, but if you're going all the way to those cities, you should see some of their cultural sites and attractions. HKDL really only needs one full day. Give yourself 1 day in HKDL, 2 days in HK, 2 days in SDL, 1-2 days in Shanghai itself, and 4 days at TDR and 3-4 days in Tokyo as well. If you don't have enough time to do all of that, then focus on just one or two cities instead so that you can actually visit them and not just the Disney parks nearby.

If you can see yourself going back to China in the future, I would just stick to Tokyo for this trip. It will give you enough time to see the parks at a nice leisurely pace, and also to explore some of Japan.

I wanted to thank everyone for their replies. After more research we decided that late August/early September wasn't the best time to visit Japan. We are going to do that in 2018 or 2019. We decided to go to DLP instead!

Thanks again for everyone's advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!