HKDL expansion update - May 2010

Loomis

Earning My Ears
Our Spy SAM has snapped a few photos of the construction at HKDL for the forthcoming expansion, as well as safety in the knowledge that the development applications have gone through council!

http://news.hkdlsource.com/story/324

We've also got links SAM has sent us from the HK Building Department's March and April Monthly Reports that confirm construction approval. The March report makes mention of "Hong Kong Disneyland - Substation 208" while the April report reiterates the Substation 208, but also makes specific mention of some buildings:

Grizzly Gulch - 1 storey over 1 lower ground level
Saloon - 1 storey over 1 lower ground level
RC Racer - 1 storey over 1 basement level
Green Army Men
Slinky Dog
Scene and showset
A new restroom in Adventureland (whee!)

I'm friends with one of the "higher ups" at HKDisneyland, and he says they have several things going on. One of them is a "Toy Story Land", and it is under construction. They are also planning some new shows and will be replacing all of them, one per year, I believe starting in November. It was awhile ago that he told me this, so I don't remember all the exact details. There is definitely construction going on right now, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter