HKDL On A Weekend

ZBSW

Mouseketeer
I know weekends are usually bad at any theme park, but has anyone been to HKDL on a weekend recently? It sounds like most weekdays are walk on everything, so can the weekend be really that crazy?
I only ask because we can take a cheap flight into HK on our Tokyo trip without extending it if we do HK on a weekend.

Thanks for any insight.

I would do it. I haven't been at HKDL on a weekend, but we were there on a recent Friday. The longest we waited for anything was 30 minutes for Small World. Most everything else was in the 10-15 minutes or less range. We never pulled a Fastpass in the park, only using the passes we received from the hotel by staying onsite; even then we used them because we had them, not because the wait times were horrendous.

During weekend afternoons in the summer, wait times for indoor attractions and Toy Story Land can get in the 30 to 50 minute range. There's no need to actually wait 30 minutes for anything though because you can do those in the morning or evening when lines are shorter (be careful because Toy story Land has shorter operating hours than the rest of the park).
Was showing a friend around HKDL on a Sunday last month and she managed every ride except Orbitron, Small World, the train and Jungle Cruise by 5PM while watching both parades and Moana.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!