HM access question

piratesmate

<font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t
I was just reading on the Tips board & someone mentioned that HM did not have its wheelchair access next to the regular turnstiles. I know this was the case in the past, but what about since they put in Fast Pass? At issue are the narrow turnstiles which are difficult for plus-sized guests to get through.

Anyone here know the answer?

Thanks!

Wheelchair and alternative access at Haunted Mansion is at the exit. :) I believe you will need the assistance of a CM to bypass the walkway.

teri.GIF
DIS disABILITIES Discussion Board FAQ under construction!
"My brain takes a vacation just to give my heart more room..."
teri@iluvdisney.com

Since fastpass got put in, wheelchair/ecv users wait in the fastpass or regular line until just before entering the building. Wheelchair users still have to go in the exit. Since we didn't go into the building, I can't tell you if the turnstiles are still there or not. I assume they did not get rid of them since they still have to count people one by one to get the right number to go in. The wheelchair "gate" out of the line is on the right, so stay to the right while you are in line and look for it.
People who can't stand need to bypass the first part of the ride, but if you are just needing to bypass the turnstiles, they can let you into the room by a different way and you don't miss anything. î

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

We still have the turnstiles. Ask a CM at the entrance for assistance. All you need to do if the line is long and your only concern is the stiles is this: Get a FP, and upon returning politely ask the CM at the entrance if you can use the "unload 2" entry because of your situation. Be sure to explain patiently as this is not a very common request.
Also, just to clarify, even though you end up going through the exit eventually, you must always enter at the entrance. We have people all the time who walk straight into the exit without even checking with the greeter! Can you imagine?
Have fun!

Flamingoes get their pink coloration from the shrimp that they eat. Shrimp are pink because, of course, they eat flamingoes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts