Ho Ho Holiday Dining Review 11/28-12/3, 2018

luvmarypoppins

<font color=darkorchid>I am debating whether to pu
Just dh and I. No pictures.

Wed 11/28 - Electric Umbrella - Dh had the brisket sandwich. He liked it and I took a bite and thought it was pretty good. I wasn't that hungry so I had the kids flatbread pizza with fries. I guess kids like this?

Dinner - Chefs de France. So crowded here. Walk ups turned away. Dh and I both had the prix fixe. Love the crusty baugettes. We both ordered the lobster bisque. Always delicious and the short ribs with pasta. They brought mine out with mashed potatoes so I had to send it back. Server came out and said I thought you ordered mashed potatoes. I said no. It was so noisy in there as usual. Maybe she didn't hear me. For dessert dh had the sorbet trio and I had the meringue basket. A great meal here as usual.

Thurs 11/29

Sleepy Hollow - I had the nutella waffle. So good! Dh was begging for my leftovers! He had the spicy chicken waffle and loved it. I took a bite and it was way too spicy for me. I am more of a bland person. The coleslaw was crisp and crunchy.

dinner before MVMCP - Liberty Tree
waiting for your table is always problematic here. I think they should redesign the area some how. You now get brown bread with Apple butter and regular butter. More authentic I guess. I thought the salad had way too much dressing. I like that you are served an individual meal now versus family style. Easier for the servers too.
the dessert sampler was just ok. We both weren't thrilled with the Apple fritters and banana cake. Dh loves the toffee cake.

11/29 - MVMCP snacks - Compared to last year the cookies are now individually wrapped. The Apple cider is just Apple juice. There was some red drink which was way too sweet. The hot chocolate at Tomorrowland Terrace was warm. It was barely warm from PVH.

Friday 11/30. Epcot Festival booth -L'Chaim - We were walking by and dh wanted to try it. I guess he was missing food we could get at home in NY. He ordered one of everything. Lol. He had the matzoh ball soup and potato knish. I had the pastrami on marble rye and we shared a big black and white cookie. It was all goid.

Candlelight dinner. Marrakech - Dh had the seafood bastilla and I had the Taste of Morocco entree which came with a three salad app. Tomato and cucumber, olive and carrot. All good. He had the short rib entree. I gave him the sausage and chicken from my meal. There was way too much couscous in mine. For dessert we both had the baklava. Small but good. The bread was good too. The entertainment was a plus.

Saturday Dec 1 - Sunshine Seasons Dh had some tomato basil soup and the Mongolian beef. I had the turkey sandwich and potato salad. For dessert dh had strawberry shortcake and I had creme brule. I really wanted a fruit tart but they said they were out.

dinner - Hollywood Brown Derby
Dh had the butternut squash soup and Cobb salad for the appetizer. I had the field green salad.
We both had the pork chop. I thought it was overdone.
we got the dessert trio with the mini grapefruit cake, blueberry cobbler and cheesecake. Our server also gave us a chocolate dessert to share. Way too rich. The rolls here are always warm and crispy.

Sunday Dec 2 - Cape May dinner
I had the southwest and Caesar salad. The southwest was way too spicy and the Caesar tasted like way too much pepper. I just had some cold shrimp which were huge. Dh had the butternut squash soup.
I don't like crab so I had Mac and cheese, mushroom chicken thigh, mashed potatoes, some sliced beef and green beans. They had spaghetti and meatballs - terrible and penne with pesto.
Dh had a regular plate of food then some crab. He said he also tried a new crab they had - jonah. He did not like it. He said the shells splintered and didn't crack open.
We shared a few of the desserts. I thought it was pretty expensive for what we ate. Glad we had a little annual pass holder discount.

Monday Dec 3 - Our last day and it didn't end well

Lunch Friar Tuck - only went here as we were passing by. Dh had some spicy Mac and cheesr. He said it was good. We shared a bratwurst and tater tots. Dh got a fried Twinkie because we never had one vefore. A totally unhealthy lunch.

Dinner- Grand Floridian Cafe. First time eating dinner here. We had some lunches here in the past. Our server was slow and disappeared alot.
I had the field/Apple salad and dh had the butternut squash soup.
For entrees I had the steak and scallops. The potato fish was good and I didn't touch the asparagus.
Dh had the burger.
For dessert Dh had the sorbet and we shared the fondue.
Then another server was walking by with a tray of drinks and a supervisor was rushing to squeeze by her and.....
The whole tray of drinks went down the back of dh hair and all over his back. He was very upset. Supervisor 1 told us they would take care of everything. Supervisor 2 said something else.
just wondering is there a true Disney policy on this?
The outcome was sufficient for ruining our night. We missed the fireworks and only ran into the MK to go to one store and get snacks to take home for family.

Snacks we brought home - pineapple sticks, toffee, pecan Caramel clusters, candy apple, chocolate apples with m and m's, peanut butter cup, rice crispy tickets with peanut butter chips and sprinkles. Everyone like everything and glad we had the annual pass discount.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. If the Grand Floridian didn't deal with the situation to your satisfaction you should follow up with an email to guest services. I've only done this a few times, but they are very responsive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!