HO-HO-HOLY GRINCHMAS...10 JOLLY HOLIDAY NIGHTS AT RPR..NOV/DEC 2018

We enjoyed palms in early oct when staying at Royal. We were running late and got car service over to the HR.

We finished around 10:15 pm went to front of resort & were told that the service ended there at 10 pm! Suggested we take the boats still running back. I must’ve had quite a cross look, as with great flourish were told they’d comp a private ride.

Still reading along, everything is fabulous as always....seems I'm only commenting when Kyle has something chocolate. I so enjoy the fact that HE enjoys it so much. I actually don't even love chocolate.:rotfl:
We were tempted though when we went to The Cheesecake Factory the other day and I told my 91 year old Mom that Kyle always has Linda's Chocolate Fudge Cake (I read her the highlights of the report and show her the pictures so she 'knows' all of you:blush:).
Anyway we just weren't brave enough, she couldn't even finish her chicken and artichoke soup, had a lemondrop martini so couldn't even think of eating again for a day. I barely touched my club though it was delicious, we just aren't very big eaters...the sweet potato fries were yummy though.
We'll just live vicariously through Kyle and his chocolate adventures:lmao:

Last edited:
It looks like you had such a great trip! I can see the joy on your face for having Kyle with you! I can certainly relate. I had my daughter and son-in-law here for two days over Christmas, and I was one happy lady. I think Kyle looks most like Tom, but I definitely see you in him as well. There is nothing better than spending time with your grown children. And 10 whole days! I'm sure you were over the moon!

We enjoyed palms in early oct when staying at Royal. We were running late and got car service over to the HR.

We finished around 10:15 pm went to front of resort & were told that the service ended there at 10 pm! Suggested we take the boats still running back. I must’ve had quite a cross look, as with great flourish were told they’d comp a private ride.

Well, I’ve never been told that!! I’d have been annoyed too......and I’m glad they got you a car in the end!

We’ve left The Palm after 10pm before and no one has ever said to us the service stops at 10?? I must inquire in March and hopefullly this was an error with the valet......

Still reading along, everything is fabulous as always....seems I'm only commenting when Kyle has something chocolate. I so enjoy the fact that HE enjoys it so much. I actually don't even love chocolate.:rotfl:
We were tempted though when we went to The Cheesecake Factory the other day and I told my 91 year old Mom that Kyle always has Linda's Chocolate Fudge Cake (I read her the highlights of the report and show her the pictures so she 'knows' all of you:blush:).
Anyway we just weren't brave enough, she couldn't even finish her chicken and artichoke soup, had a lemondrop martini so couldn't even think of eating again for a day. I barely touched my club though it was delicious, we just aren't very big eaters...the sweet potato fries were yummy though.
We'll just live vicariously through Kyle and his chocolate adventures:lmao:

Glad you’re still here.......even if takes chocolate to get your here.......:rotfl2:

Awww....I love the fact your mum “knows us”.......it is a lot of food at Cheesecake Factory.......if I have a sandwich I could never eat a dessert there.......portions are huge! Yes, their sweet potato fries are rather lovely.

Yes, living vicariously isn’t a bad way to be.......few more chocolate desserts coming up during the week.......:wave:

It looks like you had such a great trip! I can see the joy on your face for having Kyle with you! I can certainly relate. I had my daughter and son-in-law here for two days over Christmas, and I was one happy lady. I think Kyle looks most like Tom, but I definitely see you in him as well. There is nothing better than spending time with your grown children. And 10 whole days! I'm sure you were over the moon!

We did have the best time!!! And yes, having him there brought us tremendous joy again......

Oh how lovely for you.......I’ll bet you enjoyed every second they were with you for the holidays......it is special isn’t it when they still want to spend time with you.......like you we embrace every second......and we’re extra lucky as we still have him at home........lol......although he’s in and out like a yo-yo.......but that’s how it’s supposed to be! But yes, to have him on trips with us is the best!!! We just adore his company and thankfully he still thinks we’re kinda ok too.......:D we’re so lucky as I’m sure you are with your daughter........they’re pure joy.

He’s been the image of Tom since the minute he was born........but, when he sleeps he looks just like me......:)

:-)
Where he puts it at times I have no idea!!! He once told us when he was a child he thought he had a separate tummy for chocolate...….even when he was full, he still had room for chocolate!!! And he usually did.

I had to giggle at this, my son is quite a bit younger than Kyle, he too has multiple stomachs. A sushi stomach, a dessert stomach, a regular stomach, etc. you never know which one will fill up 1st so he can fill the next one.

Looking forward to this TR in particular - to see what I missed. Sadly, like Kyle, I too experienced the "park plague" as people are now calling it - I got sick the last two days of our Dec trip and never made it to IOA for the castle show or Grinchmas. :sick: :sad:

I was sooo disappointed - but we did get to see Mannheim and US at least on our first day there - fabulous! We cut our trip short, as I hate being sick away from home. (Of course, that's way easier to do when you're driving, vs holding plane tickets, lol.)

Then once we got back, my husband got hit way worse than me: full blown case of the flu. Was sick for days after we returned, just like you guys. But at least we were at home. I was grateful for that.

I'm hearing that many, many people were sick in the parks this year - the urgent care centers around Disney and Universal must have been quite busy! :eek: :earseek:

I can't complain, as we'll be back for Mardi Gras - my 3rd favorite time of year there. (After HHN and Christmas!) And back next year. But still...looking fwd to seeing all the pics of what we missed this year.

LOVE your tree - those purple ornaments look so beautiful with white lights. :lovestruc

My husband would love The Palms, he loves a delicious medium rare steak!

Kyle’s chocolate cake looks so decadent and delicious!

I love how happy Tom always looks in the pictures, having the time of his life!

Great day! I too am more a fan of Spider man than Transformers. While it doesn’t mess with me I feel a bit more “battered” after it. Not a fan od sponge bob either, but I spy Dora on float after and she was huge in our house for years. Between Dora and her bilingual child care in Texas when she was young my oldest was starting to be bilingual “Mira! Pretty Estrella!” Maybe that’s why she took five years of Spanish and still adores Mexican food?
child he thought he had a separate tummy for chocolate...….even when he was full, he still had room for chocolate!!! And he usually did.

I had to giggle at this, my son is quite a bit younger than Kyle, he too has multiple stomachs. A sushi stomach, a dessert stomach, a regular stomach, etc. you never know which one will fill up 1st so he can fill the next one.
Sounds like my son as well! We often joke about his dessert stomach!

The Palm looks lovely as usual. There’s never enough time (or stomach capacity) to eat at all the places I want. Universal and city walk do have some good food places, but Disney definitely has an edge as far as quick service goes - Satu’li Canteen is seriously the best QS! Hopefully Uni will step up their game there too!

And I get the in bed with tea on a Saturday night- especially with such a filling meal!

Such nice pictures of the three of you by the trees!

I love how happy Tom always looks in the pictures, having the time of his life
I just want to say- having been lucky enough to meet Tom and Carole (among others from SANS thread) IRL they really are as sweet and funny as depicted here. Forgot to tell ya Carole- got a sangria at Backwater bar before our Confisco meal solely due to remembering our meet! Hoping for a repeat in September (tell Tom drinks will be on me this time :))

Chez Alcatraz is another of those little gem type places, and again one of places when you talk about it, some folks say "where?" I guess some pass it by and if it`s closed, they may not pay attention to it......…..but, the TM who work there are fabulous and make a decent cocktail....it`s been a while since we had some of their food which is definitely snack style......and it was good. Anything I saw being served looked so good.....this is one of those places we have a drink at but are never hungry while we`re there...but we really should try their snacks sometime.

I've always wanted to try the loaded chips here they sound good.

Chocolate fudge brownie with extra chocolate sauce...….

That's my favorite Ben & Jerry's flavor too :rotfl:

Although I can do Spiderman just fine with no issues whatsoever...….TF has a screen that plays with my brain and addles it like a blender!! I came off this ride feeling fairly nauseous.

Same! I rode Transformers once (I think during our 2nd HHN), and I felt terrible. Halfway through I took off my glasses and closed my eyes for the rest. I always thought it was because I was coming down with something that night but still avoided it ever since. I always hear how it's similar to Spiderman, but it really didn't feel that way. I could ride Spiderman at any time and feel fine.

I have a real aversion to SpongeBob Squarepants……..I find him very eerie and a little creepy......I have no clue of the stories as thankfully I don't know any little ones that ever wanted to watch it......but there is something about that weird little yellow thing that spooks me a little!!! Yep...I know....I know......

:rotfl:

I remember when Spongebob first came out I was maybe 9ish? I thought it looked really silly, but ended up loving it. Patrick was my favorite :laughing:

I always smile when people say the food at Universal is no good/bad/bland/tasteless/awful/boring/typical theme park food...….

Me too, I know some people who prefer Disney so they seem to go into it with a bias, and no matter where they eat they say food at Disney is better and everything they had at Universal is terrible. I've never felt that way. Sure there are places that aren't the best, but they have those everywhere. We had a really amazing meal at Bice on the last night of our trip, the food and service was incredible there; Josh thinks it's probably the best dining experience we've ever had. We rarely eat in the parks (aside from Mythos sometimes), but Citywalk and the hotels have great food.

i-ChtdXFF-XL.jpg

Ooo those look good.

Lol.......kids are so funny!! They learn early to make room for dessert........

I do quite like the idea of a sushi stomach!! I never tire of eating sushi.........::yes::

Looking forward to this TR in particular - to see what I missed. Sadly, like Kyle, I too experienced the "park plague" as people are now calling it - I got sick the last two days of our Dec trip and never made it to IOA for the castle show or Grinchmas. :sick: :sad:

I was sooo disappointed - but we did get to see Mannheim and US at least on our first day there - fabulous! We cut our trip short, as I hate being sick away from home. (Of course, that's way easier to do when you're driving, vs holding plane tickets, lol.)

Then once we got back, my husband got hit way worse than me: full blown case of the flu. Was sick for days after we returned, just like you guys. But at least we were at home. I was grateful for that.

I'm hearing that many, many people were sick in the parks this year - the urgent care centers around Disney and Universal must have been quite busy! :eek: :earseek:

I can't complain, as we'll be back for Mardi Gras - my 3rd favorite time of year there. (After HHN and Christmas!) And back next year. But still...looking fwd to seeing all the pics of what we missed this year.

LOVE your tree - those purple ornaments look so beautiful with white lights. :lovestruc

Oh no!! How awful......I was wondering how your trip went!

Are you much better now?? There really was a whole load of nasties going around........the three of us strangely all had something different!! Kyle recovered quickest and 3 days after we got home he was fine which was ideal as he was back at work 3 days later......but Tom and I to be honest, still haven’t fully recovered......it is dragging on!

You’re right though, at least once you’re home you can be ill “in comfort of your own home” lol......I know what you mean.......you just want your own place. Our flight home we all looked like the walking dead......and how Tom drove 3 hours afte that I’ll never know, but your body manages when it has to.........

Everyone we know seems to have had something nasty recently........

Because Kyle was bad, we did miss out of some things.......we didn’t see Grinchmas and worst of all we missed the Hogwarts Night Show!! So, I’m so sorry we didn’t get any pictures of those.........:sad1:

We did see the parade I was glad to say as that’s what Kyle wanted to see the most. He’s not fussed on the castle show......

We’re back for Mardi Gras too........March 9th till 23rd this year.......yes, funnily enough I’d say it was my 3rd favourite time of year too.

Thanks.....glad you like one of the trees.......I love that one most I think!!

Glad you’re still reading along......:)

My husband would love The Palms, he loves a delicious medium rare steak!

Kyle’s chocolate cake looks so decadent and delicious!

I love how happy Tom always looks in the pictures, having the time of his life!

Hi Caroline........

Yes, The Palm is beautiful......and steaks I would describe as perfect! Ooh medium rare.....I try to convince Tom that’s what he should order but he always gets medium......and has in the past in other places complained it’s overdone.....lol......I have that told you so look then!!

I’ll tell Tom.......lol........I’m lucky I suppose he’s like that almost 100% of the time.......he has his moments though like all of us......:laughing: I love sometimes when he gets intolerant of certain things out and about......he’s quite funny then too!!!

Oh that cake was so heavy!!! He loved it though and is already looking forward to the same again this year!!!

Great day! I too am more a fan of Spider man than Transformers. While it doesn’t mess with me I feel a bit more “battered” after it. Not a fan od sponge bob either, but I spy Dora on float after and she was huge in our house for years. Between Dora and her bilingual child care in Texas when she was young my oldest was starting to be bilingual “Mira! Pretty Estrella!” Maybe that’s why she took five years of Spanish and still adores Mexican food?

Sounds like my son as well! We often joke about his dessert stomach!

The Palm looks lovely as usual. There’s never enough time (or stomach capacity) to eat at all the places I want. Universal and city walk do have some good food places, but Disney definitely has an edge as far as quick service goes - Satu’li Canteen is seriously the best QS! Hopefully Uni will step up their game there too!

And I get the in bed with tea on a Saturday night- especially with such a filling meal!

Such nice pictures of the three of you by the trees!

That’s so funny, kids do pick so much up from cartoons, they’re not all bad for them.......my friends little granddaughter I look after sometimes loves Dora too and loved I had a picture of her........although the Minions are her true love....lol......

I think dessert stomachs are more common than I thought.....lol.......oh yes, there really is so much choice. We have loads of places we have been to in the past that we want to get back to......but never enough nights to do them all plus the new places we find!!!

Glad you like the pics.....and yes, hard to beat a cup of tea in bed!!!

I just want to say- having been lucky enough to meet Tom and Carole (among others from SANS thread) IRL they really are as sweet and funny as depicted here. Forgot to tell ya Carole- got a sangria at Backwater bar before our Confisco meal solely due to remembering our meet! Hoping for a repeat in September (tell Tom drinks will be on me this time :))

Awww thank you so much! That is so kind of you to say.......and glad you were back in Confisco......and had sangria too!!! It is so nice in there......yep, it’s a date......we’ll definitely catch up then for a sangria.....that would be lovely!!

I've always wanted to try the loaded chips here they sound good.

That's my favorite Ben & Jerry's flavor too :rotfl:

Same! I rode Transformers once (I think during our 2nd HHN), and I felt terrible. Halfway through I took off my glasses and closed my eyes for the rest. I always thought it was because I was coming down with something that night but still avoided it ever since. I always hear how it's similar to Spiderman, but it really didn't feel that way. I could ride Spiderman at any time and feel fine.

:rotfl:

I remember when Spongebob first came out I was maybe 9ish? I thought it looked really silly, but ended up loving it. Patrick was my favorite :laughing:

Me too, I know some people who prefer Disney so they seem to go into it with a bias, and no matter where they eat they say food at Disney is better and everything they had at Universal is terrible. I've never felt that way. Sure there are places that aren't the best, but they have those everywhere. We had a really amazing meal at Bice on the last night of our trip, the food and service was incredible there; Josh thinks it's probably the best dining experience we've ever had. We rarely eat in the parks (aside from Mythos sometimes), but Citywalk and the hotels have great food.

Ooo those look good.

I’ve heard a few folks say now they can do Spiderman but not TF.......it’s a horrible feeling to come off like that!

You’re the second person to mention Patrick last few days......I have no clue who he is but he seems popular!! I’m so glad Kyle didn’t like that.....

Yes, there are some amazing places to eat between the hotels, Citywalk and even in the parks.....I just wish they’d bring a really nice seafood restaurant to somewhere within the complex that does proper grown up seafood.........I don’t like Bubba Gumps at all....but generally yes, I think the food options are good enough for us. Of course we too go offsite a lot too........we like a good mix of places.........::yes::

Those fries were the best fries I ever tasted in America!!

Still reading! Last night I was in bed (on a Saturday night) chuckling about you going to bed "early" -- what, 10:45? It was 9:30 here. Hahaha. :) Going to New Orleans Thursday and I'm not sure I can keep with everyone going out at night!

You’re the second person to mention Patrick last few days......I have no clue who he is but he seems popular!! I’m so glad Kyle didn’t like that.....

He was a really dumb pink starfish that's friends with Spongebob, it's a strange show :rotfl:

Yes, there are some amazing places to eat between the hotels, Citywalk and even in the parks.....I just wish they’d bring a really nice seafood restaurant to somewhere within the complex that does proper grown up seafood.........I don’t like Bubba Gumps at all....but generally yes, I think the food options are good enough for us. Of course we too go offsite a lot too........we like a good mix of places.........::yes::

I'd like if they had another Mexican place and maybe more breakfast/brunch choices, but other than that I think they have a good mix. I regret not trying Emeril's before they left though. But in the future if we rent a car again, I'd definitely go offsite again there's so many restaurants in Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts