Hogwarts Christmas light show

yankebabie

DIS Veteran
Can you tell me what time this show starts. Seems that the parks close early first week of December when we are going . Ty

When you get to the park/HP world on the day that you want to view the show, ask any TM what time the shows start and how many there will be and they can give you specific information. Try to avoid the first show as that is always the most crowded.

When you get to the park/HP world on the day that you want to view the show, ask any TM what time the shows start and how many there will be and they can give you specific information. Try to avoid the first show as that is always the most crowded.

They usually start it around 6 and it runs every 15 mins or so until close. As was said above avoid the first show (or 2 I would say) because they are a solid sea of humanity. The TMs have gotten better and the crowd control procedures have improved too but it’s a lot of people. If you go to one of the last few shows you can walk right up and stand pretty much anywhere you want in the area in front of the castle. Once you’ve seen it once it’s kind of fun to ride flight of the Hippogryph while it’s going on too.

They list show times for Dark Arts on the website... I'm sure they will add times for the Holiday show before it starts. Dark Arts starts at 6PM from the 13th-15th, so likely somewhere around there or maybe a little earlier in December.

Is the Dark Arts show the same type of light-show-on-castle display as the Christmas show? I'd hate to miss anything, but if they're basically the same style of presentation, I don't think I need to sit through 20 minutes of staring at colored lights.

Is the Dark Arts show the same type of light-show-on-castle display as the Christmas show? I'd hate to miss anything, but if they're basically the same style of presentation, I don't think I need to sit through 20 minutes of staring at colored lights.
It's similar but Christmas themed rather than Halloween themed. It's not that long either and just repeats until park close. I am looking forward to seeing it next week - the music sounds amazing.

Just to be clear, they don’t play more than one at once. Right now they are showing the holiday projection show, not the dark arts or regular show so you can only see one in a given season.

Okay thx Princess, that's what I was confused about. I have all 3 on my touring plan, but was taking a lot of minutes, and was wondering why they'd have 3 different types of projections on the same night. What you wrote clears it up... I'll be there during Christmas break, so I only need to have the Christmas show in my plan. Thankyou.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts