HOJO vs Springhill Suites?!

MaxnElliesMama

Mouseketeer
We booked HOJO; I got a crazy good deal from Hotels.com in the remodeled building; but it’s a 2 queen room and we’re a party of 5 (one is 2) so we will need a rollaway.
-HOJO has free parking (we’re driving)
-NO Free Breakfast.

We had planned on booking at Springhill Suites Convention Center in a family suite, so significantly more space, but also $500 more.
-Springhill DOES have free breakfast
-Pay to park ($100 for our stay)

What do I do?!? Keep HOJO or get the Family Suite?!? HELP! :confused3

For breakfast at the HOJO we could always do cereal, muffins, yogurt, etc- Only 2 of our 5 eat when they wake up, the others take a while to be hungry but I’m just REALLY worried about space and we won’t use the waterpark as our reservation is next week; LOL.

The Springhill has 2 TV areas which could be really nice with earlier park hours; and my husband thinks we should just book the suite; but spending $500 more PLUS $100 parking (which is likely a wash with buying breakfast); just feels so stupid to me; because $500 is enough to cover food for our trip, or the spending money for extras allotted for the trip, etc!

HELPPPPP!! Hahaha! :rotfl2:

Just to let you know - HOJO does have a Family Suite. King size bed in one room and bunk beds and a pull out in the other, 2 bathrooms and remodeled last year. We have stayed in that room category for over 50 nights now and it's very convenient.

The other question is can you walk from the Springhill Suites? HOJO is an awesome 8 minute walk to Security.

We tend to get up and head to the parks early so we would not utilize a free breakfast anyway, which makes our decision simple. On non park days if we want breakfast before going somewhere we just go to Mimi's across the street.

We really like HoJo for the price, which is rarely high. Always reasonable. The walk is shorter to the parks than Springhill... by a little. And while I like a free breakfast with eggs and waffles and such, it's so much easier (especially with kids) to have bags of powdered and chocolate donuts, or breakfast bars, or pop tarts that they can eat...and then get dressed and ready. With a free breakfast, you have to be somewhat decent to show up in the dining room. Plus, it'll be crazy crowded. Plus, my kids couldn't wait for vacationing there because they knew it would be a week of donuts!

I have a family of five, and the HoJo rooms have plenty of space for a roll away or an air-mattress (which is what we usually use). The rooms are very generous in size. Plus, if you're in Building 1, you can get Park View for a little extra cash. Throw in the awesome customer service at the HoJo and you come out a winner.

Just to let you know - HOJO does have a Family Suite. King size bed in one room and bunk beds and a pull out in the other, 2 bathrooms and remodeled last year. We have stayed in that room category for over 50 nights now and it's very convenient.

The other question is can you walk from the Springhill Suites? HOJO is an awesome 8 minute walk to Security.

We tend to get up and head to the parks early so we would not utilize a free breakfast anyway, which makes our decision simple. On non park days if we want breakfast before going somewhere we just go to Mimi's across the street.

That room wasn’t available when I called yesterday; it also would be double or more what we paid today for a standard room.

We are feeling really excited about the HOJO now, even though I wanted that kids suite; I LOVE saving $600. :jumping1:

That room wasn’t available when I called yesterday; it also would be double or more what we paid today for a standard room.

We are feeling really excited about the HOJO now, even though I wanted that kids suite; I LOVE saving $600. :jumping1:

Double? The kids suite is typically about 20% more than a standard double bed room - are you confusing this with the 4 queen connecting room they offer which is about double the price of a regular room but you are guaranteed to be connecting? We just returned from the kids suite last week and we paid $230 per night before taxes. We booked it 8 months in advance though.

Double? The kids suite is typically about 20% more than a standard double bed room - are you confusing this with the 4 queen connecting room they offer which is about double the price of a regular room but you are guaranteed to be connecting? We just returned from the kids suite last week and we paid $230 per night before taxes. We booked it 8 months in advance though.

Oh; maybe but that connecting 4 queen room was $428 when I looked today; but we got the 2 queen room for $119 a night, so even the $230 is quite a bit more; I’m super happy with the price! :)

We stay at Hojo often and use the rollaway bed for my son and it works out great. I love a free breakfast too but we honestly save time by just having protein shakes and breakfast bars or yogurts in the room.

Don't forget that there is a DIS discount at the HOJO -- would that help at all with booking a larger room? You can call to have the discount applied to your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter