'holder' for GAC....Size of GAC

MaggieMollyMom

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever used the PassPorter PassHolder Pouch for their GAC? I had to use the little plastic holder that came with a lanyard (for pin trading) last year and wanted something that would hold up better (it tore half way thru the trip). Any thoughts?

I purchase self-laminating sheets from Walmart to protect my husbands.

I found a plastic sleeve at Staples that fit the GAC perfectly ( I took my DD's old GAC with me) and it was $3.99 I believe. Its got a little hole in it so I can hook it onto the bottom of a lanyard and its feels like its sturdy plastic.

I know there are threads about protectors, but I'm still on page one, here.

Need size of the card. TIA

We purchased a PassPorter pouch (I'm assuming you mean the blue one that's on a lanyard and is around $8 or $9 (I think) on the website). Anyways, if that's the one, it was awesome. Super handy! My husband wore it all week and kept my son's GAC, our key cards, ID's, and money inside. It has a velcro flap and a zippered pouch inside so everything stayed nice and secure. There's a place on the backside to put a pen (handy for autograph book signing). Definitely worth the money. I checked a few stores for something similar but couldn't find exactly what I wanted. This was perfect.

3 1/2 inches by 5 inches.

Last time, we brought a piece of contact paper and covered only the back of the card. That way, it was protected from bending to a great extent and the CMs were able to see the front and that see it was an original.
I kept it in a pocket inside my purse when not in use.

That worked so well that we plan to do it again on our next trip. We may put 2 layers of Contact paper on the back of the card, one on top of the other to make it a little more stiff, but don't plan to do anything else.

Since the are 2 threads, started about the same time that are going to get similar answers, I am combining the 2 threads.

I bought a hunting license holder. ( I do not hunt, so I don't know if it has an official name ) it was bright orange and had a huge safety pin like device on the top. It work great! I slipped in the GAC, pinned that bright orange thing on the back of my backpack and went about our day. Anytime we were questioned by a castmember, I just turned around, they saw the pass and we carried on.

I bought a hunting license holder. ( I do not hunt, so I don't know if it has an official name ) it was bright orange and had a huge safety pin like device on the top. It work great! I slipped in the GAC, pinned that bright orange thing on the back of my backpack and went about our day. Anytime we were questioned by a castmember, I just turned around, they saw the pass and we carried on.
I know other people have said they bought fishing license holders. It sounds like yours was similar - I don’t know that either type has a more official name.

Thanks everyone...maybe trying the hunting lic. holder is a good start..i will try it out with the old one from last year. :thumbsup2

We use the PassPorter pouch for our GAC. I also use the pouch going thru the airport. I put my Gov't issued passport in the pouch with boarding pass and wear it around my neck until we get to the TSA. Then I put the pouch in the bucket with my shoes going thru the scanner, and carry the boarding pass until we get thru security..

I hunted for a small bag to carry. Many of them have these pockets on that back that used to make me think, "What could this possibly be used for?". I bring a sandwich sized ziplock bag and put the GAC in there. Then, I can easily slip it in and out of my "GAC pocket".

I use pre-cut clear contact paper to cover the front and back of our GACs.

I cut the contact paper at home and then just put it in a passport holder that I wear around my neck. I got the passport holder from Walmart years ago. It has two zippered pockets. One holds our room keys/tickets and the other holds the GACs.

I have a Passporter Pouch that i purchased for our last trip. It was wonderful. The GAC fit inside the main pouch perfectly. The front of the pouch also has a clear holder that we used to put our room keys in so that at EMH we did not have to keep pulling the cards out of pockets to show the CMs.

Can anyone tell me if I could put my pins on the passholder? I use a GAC as well and had a problem with the standard plastic holder ripping too. However, I started collecting pins and don't want to have to wear two lanyards!

Can anyone tell me if I could put my pins on the passholder? I use a GAC as well and had a problem with the standard plastic holder ripping too. However, I started collecting pins and don't want to have to wear two lanyards!
No, you would not be able to.
The lanyard on it is a thin cord, not the thick, ribbon type lanyard.

Just a quick FYI... we just returned and had one in our party with a GAC. We folded it and kept it in our card holder on our pin trading Lanyard however when he was alone he prefered to keep it in a pocket and hidden. By the last few days it was quite beat up so we went to guest services and they replaced it and the cast member said people have to do it all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter