Holding Account Question

Cleveland Hercules

Earning My Ears
Hello All,

I am a little confused about the holding account for a reservation canceled in the 30 day window. The reason I ask is we have 180 points in our 2020 use year, april. We are considering going in late June as just a fun pool trip as we have a soon to be two year old and my wife will be 6 months pregnant so just relaxing for a few days sounds like fun since the pools here in Cleveland are all closed. Basically a stay cation we travel to. My question is if DVD decides to close the pools, kids pool, ect. basically anything that would want us to cancel our trip within the 30 days. I know the points will go into a holding account. Here is my question. Do these points need to be used on a reservation or actually used for travel before april 1 2021? More specifically if we plan to take a May 2021 trip can these points be used for this trip OR when they say used do they mean traveled with? Thank you

Hello All,

I am a little confused about the holding account for a reservation canceled in the 30 day window. The reason I ask is we have 180 points in our 2020 use year, april. We are considering going in late June as just a fun pool trip as we have a soon to be two year old and my wife will be 6 months pregnant so just relaxing for a few days sounds like fun since the pools here in Cleveland are all closed. Basically a stay cation we travel to. My question is if DVD decides to close the pools, kids pool, ect. basically anything that would want us to cancel our trip within the 30 days. I know the points will go into a holding account. Here is my question. Do these points need to be used on a reservation or actually used for travel before april 1 2021? More specifically if we plan to take a May 2021 trip can these points be used for this trip OR when they say used do they mean traveled with? Thank you
They would need to be used for a reservation with a check out date on or before April 1 2021.

If you end up with holding, they not only expire by your UY, they can only be used to book a reservation 60 days or less before check in date.

So, say you decided to go in January...you would not be able to book a trip until November using those points.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!