Holding Account

friendoffigment

DIS Veteran
I have a reseervation for Sept, 2020. My use year is October. I can bank up to May 31. we are still undecided whether to go or cancel. My delemma, if I am reading the info correctly, that holding points must be used in the current use year. if we cancel after the 30 day mark does that mean I will lose my points because their current use year will end sept 30. in other words if points go into a holding account near the end of your current use year they do not carry over to the next use year.

will i be better off canceling now so i can bank those points.

You have that right. Holding points expire at the end of your UY. In your case, since you are traveling at the very end of your UY, you wouldn’t have time to use those points. IMHO, I would cancel now so you can bank and plan a trip at a later time.

The decision date for you is May 31. Points going into holding really isn't the issue right now.

If you wait past May 31 to cancel, you will not be able to bank your 2019 points. Those points will expire on September 30 if you do not use them before then.

Points go into holding status when you cancel a stay 30 days or less prior to arrival. Holding points expire at the end of the use year and can only be used to book a stay that occurs within 60 days of the booking date.

At least we will get news today about the reopening and that may give you more info to make your decision.

As noted, once past the banking window, those points won’t be rolled over unless they remain closed in September..which is unlikely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts