Holding hands in the parks?

sfdave65

Earning My Ears
I was wondering. I'm planning a vacation with the bf, but we are not doing the gay days thing. How comfortable is it to be able to hold hands like other couples do? We're not going to be making out all over the place. Maybe a quick peck now and then. Has anyone experienced any uncomfortableness?

I was wondering. I'm planning a vacation with the bf, but we are not doing the gay days thing. How comfortable is it to be able to hold hands like other couples do? We're not going to be making out all over the place. Maybe a quick peck now and then. Has anyone experienced any uncomfortableness?

Honestly, I haven't even noticed gay couples in the park. Either they're very nonchalant about it, like most hetero couples are, or they're not doing it.

I'd say treat it like everyday life. If you wouldn't be comfortable holding hand walking through the mall or down the street, you probably wouldn't be comfortable doing it at Disney. Most people don't mind; those who do would be like those in your town that have a problem with you.

Honestly, I haven't even noticed gay couples in the park. Either they're very nonchalant about it, like most hetero couples are, or they're not doing it.

I'd say treat it like everyday life. If you wouldn't be comfortable holding hand walking through the mall or down the street, you probably wouldn't be comfortable doing it at Disney. Most people don't mind; those who do would be like those in your town that have a problem with you.

My dgf and I are planning on holding hands, I don't think anyone will really notice or comment. I'd consider disney to be a safe space since so many cast members are family.

Go and enjoy yourselves and know that if anyone does raise a stink that CMs will be there to assist you.

I've walked down Main Street holding a female and male friends (both platonic) hand as well as on a date. Didn't get any different reaction between the occurrences.

I have seen gay couples holding hands at WDW and no one seemed to even notice. Same thing with DL. I wouldn't worry!

I'm straight but not narrow (minded)!

I agree that it is sad that you feel you have to ask this question.

I think anything that's acceptable for a straight couple is acceptable for a gay couple too. I wouldn't feel uncomfortable seeing a man and a woman holding hands or having a quick peck, why should it be any different for a gay couple :confused3

I agree that it is sad that you feel you have to ask this question.

I think anything that's acceptable for a straight couple is acceptable for a gay couple too. I wouldn't feel uncomfortable seeing a man and a woman holding hands or having a quick peck, why should it be any different for a gay couple :confused3

This. I have been in line at both WDW--Soarin' and Universal-- Poseidon's Fury behind couples who have been attempting to remove each other's tonsils with their tongues, along with some pretty serious butt rubbing to go along with. Seriously, not something I need to witness while "trapped" in the confines of a line. I didn't mention whether the couples were gay or straight because it doesn't matter. Inappropriate is inappropriate.

So, hold hands, have your quick kiss, otherwise, Get a room!

My gf and I have been many times, sometimes hold hands, sometimes don't... Just like everyone else... And last time we wore "just engaged" buttons and received only positive comments from cast and other guests... Was absolutely great... Never a negative. Be yourself... Be respectful and have a great time. We are actually having a disney wedding in October!

My DW and I hold hands all the time and we've never even gotten so much as a second look. We also sometimes steal quick pecks and while it makes her nervous ("What if there are parents who don't want their kids to see?" She always asks), we've never had a single negative reaction at all.

Don't let other people bring you down, especially not when you're at Disney! If someone has a problem with it, it's on them not on you. :thumbsup2

I doubt anyone will draw any attention towards you guys as a couple. When my girlfriend and I went, some Disney photographers insisted that we kiss, hug, and hold a baby (they would later add simba into my arms). Everyone seems to be very inclusive, so I wouldn't worry about it.

We held hands from time to time and even stole a kiss here and there. No one seemed to care if they even noticed. As was mentioned before, a couple displaying joy and love is normal and acceptable to most, but there is a time and a place for everything.

My wife:bride: and I(female):bride: go to Disney every year, sometimes twice a year, we have never had any issues with holding hands in any of the parks.

Hold hands!
Have fun!
Have a romantic kiss by the castle.

but get all gross and grabby and gay,straight or whatever, I will be the first to hollar for a hose to cool you off. Keep the PDA for the hotel room. Not main street. :rotfl2: Hate couples that feel like the line for a ride is a great place to grind and make out.

Definitely agree with all the PPs! My DGF and I (f) will be going next year and i'll be acting with her in public the same way i normally do, holding hands, quick peck, arm round her when watching fireworks etc!
I honestly think there are so many people in Disney that no one will notice - plus I imagine with the amount of people that work for Disney SOME of them have to be gay right? :lmao:

I can't wait until we live in a world where this isn't even an issue.

As for my family and me, we wouldn't bat an eye! :thumbsup2

DD16 holds pinkies with all her friends--male and female. At Disney, she and future sister-in-law were walking this way, minding their own business. Got a few comments and dirty looks. "This is a FAMILY place." And some other "it's wrong.."

They are both heterosexual. They just don't like being separated. They ignored those folks and went on with their enjoyment of the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter